𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝗴𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗵

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Kurosaki Yumiko, age 16, has finally found the most annoying person to exist. Despite spending only three days of the week with the team, he always seems to show up wherever she is. It had been less than a month since school had begun but he tended to be around her a lot more than they both would've liked.

He personally didn't want to be around her. She was quite annoying with her dumb jokes and stupid tiktok quotes, but somehow, she always showed up where he was. He'd just be walking down the hall near his classroom then boom, there she is with a bento for Hinata or another first year. He could just ignore her, but they both can't avoid confrontation sometimes.

"They're getting along well." Daichi said with a laugh as he stood by the gym door with his arms crossed over his chest. Sugawara stood beside him, his hand rested on his hip.

"Yes," He laughed, "They are."

"Stop touching me!" Yumiko snapped as she slapped Tsukishima's hand away, flipping him the finger after she put a few feet of space in between them. "Go practice."

The blond shifted in his spot, shrugging lightly. "We're taking a break."

"Well, go practice some more. You clearly need it." This comment made Tsukishima take two large strides over to her and grab her face with one hand. Her head tilted upwards as she began to groan.

"Care to repeat that?"

"You. Need. Extra." His grip on her face tightened, forcing her to stand on her tippy toes and claw at his hand. "Practice!"

"Who are you to talk?"

"I've been watching everyone play for a long time, so I know that you SUCK." She barked, rolling her eyes at the male who scowled.

"You've got a lot to say for a benchwarmer." Tsukishima shot back, smirking to himself when he realized something. "Actually, you're not even benchwarmer. You just sit up in the stands by yourself."

"As a matter of fact, I don't even show up to most of the games!" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest while holding her head high. "And I know enough about volleyball to know you're shit at receives!"

"You've got some nerve." Tsukishima reached out to grab her by the pace, but was stopped by Hinata who stood in front of her.

"Leave her alone!" He shouted hesitantly, cowering under Tsukishima's glare.

"Ahh, Shōyō! What a hero, my little kouhai!" She exclaimed, raking her fingers through his fluffy hair to muss it up a bit. Shooting Tsukishima a small glare, she muttered to Hinata, "Tsukishima's totally uncute, right?"

"Again with that word." Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

"Yumiko-san, it's okay, you can just call him ugly." Kageyama called out upon entering the gym. Yumiko stifled a laugh.

Tsukishima was quick to respond, "Shut up, King."

"You first."

"You're so tall." Yumiko changed the subject when she saw Kageyama's hair, reaching up to ruffle it. When she let go of his soft, dark locks, he looked like he had just woken up from a good nap. "Pfft-"

Glancing over to the side, Yumiko caught sight of Yamaguchi who looked like he wanted to be treated the same way. Her heart squeezed a bit at the sight of his yearnful expression.

"Tadashi, bend down." She whispered, pointing downwards for the male who was quite tall. The green haired male bent down a bit, immediately being attacked by the female who ran her fingers through his hair, ruffling it up a bit. "Neehee!"

"Me too!" Nishinoya cheered, running over to Yumiko who didn't mind ruffling his hair.

Tanaka shouted, "Me too, bruh!"

Yumiko shot him a flat look, "What is there to ruffle?" Nonetheless, she patted Tanaka's head before slapping it lightly.

She turned to Tsukishima, "What, you want me to ruffle your hair too?" Yumiko taunted with a grin, flexing her fingers. The blond scoffed, stepping away from her.

"No."

"Ah, don't be shy!" She grinned, taking a step towards him. He stepped away, putting out a hand to keep her away.

"Don't touch me with your filthy hands. I might turn stupid."

"Oh, you aren't already?" Yumiko quickly turned on her heels and ran to Daichi when she saw the way Tsukishima turned around with a glare. "HELP!"

Tsukishima rolled his eyes, walking off to grab his water bottle that was over in the corner.

"Yup, getting along perfectly." Suga grinned, pretending not to notice Yumiko who hid behind him and Daichi for protection.

"Yuu, let's set up a camera in the corner, so the next time Tsukishima manhandles me, we can sue."

Daichi was quick to shut down the idea.

[ t i m e s k i p ]

Yumiko munched on the meat bun, taking small bites out of it while she stood beside Yamaguchi. "Thank you for this wonderful snack."

"Yumi, aren't you supposed to be home soon?" Tanaka asked, eyes scanning the time that was displayed on his phone screen. Yumiko's eyes widened like saucers.

"Oh fuck, you're right!" She shrieked, nearly dropping her meat bun as she rummaged through her bag to grab her phone. Dialing the number, she pressed her phone to her ear. "Hello? Sorry, I forgot. Oh, I'm at the Sakanoshita store with Yuu and the others. Mhmm. I'll be home soon. He's not there yet? Okay, I'll hurry then."

They hung up first, allowing Yumiko to tuck her phone in her pocket and grab Nishinoya by the wrist. "Let's go, Yuu!"

"Wait, where are you going?" Suga asked, raising an eyebrow at the two who hadn't gotten very far.

Yumiko grinned, "My dad's coming home tonight, so Yuu and his grandfather are joining us for dinner."

The older males nodded, waving at the two who ran off together.

Tanaka sighed, "Dang. Sometimes, they really do look like a couple."

Tsukishima internally agreed, seeing as Nishinoya and Yumiko held hands while they ran.

Wouldn't be a surprise if they were.

[ a/n : sometimes, i end up making friendships so cute that people end up liking it more than tsukki x the oc and i need to stop that but FUCK YUMI AND NISHI ARE SO CUTE! LIKE THEY ARE BROS BUT CUTE BROS, YK?!?

also, HOLY FUCK, I SPENT SIX+ HOURS BOOK PLANNING AND NOW IM READY TO WRITE THIS BOOK 😏 ]