𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲

* idk if y'all noticed but im lowkey rushing the end of this book BECAUSE I WANT TO WRITE THAT NEW BOOK SO FRICKING BAD. ITS LITERALLY NIPPING AT MY MIND ENDLESSLY AND I CANT EVEN WRITE THIS BOOK PROPERLY BC IM THINKING OF THE OTHER BOOK. ITS SUCH AN INTERESTING PLOT TO ME AND I REALLY LIKE IT AHHHHH *

anyway 👁👁

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

In his second year of high school, Tsukishima Kei had finally remembered the one thing he dreaded the most. His emotions were unable to keep up with his thoughts.

Yamaguchi frowned, "Tsukki...I think you should apologize."

The boy scoffed. "Why should I?"

"It was a given that she was leaving. Shouldn't you just spend your last few week together happily?" The green haired male suggested, stepping back when Tsukishima grunted irritatedly.

"Whatever."

Over in class 3-4 , Yumiko sat with Ennoshita who was being kind and listening to her as she vented.

"He found out that I wanted to go to college somewhere else and he got upset. I know he'll miss me but I can't just give up this opportunity. I'm not rich or anything and this college is my only option. I don't know what to tell him to make him feel better." Yumiko explained, sighing softly. "It really broke my heart to see him look so upset that I was leaving but I really didn't want to change my life plans to accompany him. We might not even last after high school."

Ennoshita nodded understandingly, "I understand what you mean. Though, it must be hard for him to be left behind."

"But he's not being left behind." She frowned. "I'm just going to college. It'll be one year."

"Yeah, but who knows who you might meet while you're away. Tsukishima doesn't seem like the type to find another woman while you're gone, but your emotions are easily swayed." This statement earned him a slap on the arm.

"Oh, shut up. I love Kei and that won't change. I won't move on from him just because we're apart." The female proclaimed confidently.

"Anyway, what are you even going to do? Any job ideas?"

"Actually, yes." She smiled, motioning to her phone. "Koushi and I have been texting a lot recently because he's studying to become a teacher. After a bit of thinking, I think I want to become a teacher too."

"Really?" Ennoshita rose his eyebrows in surprise. "I thought you would've gone into cooking or a baking profession."

"No. Kei pretty much lives with me these days and he makes me realize that I only want to cook for fun. It would be a hassle if it was a job." Yumiko laughed softly, whipping out picture of her and Tsukishima who had cooked breakfast together the other day. She loved to show Tsukishima off, no matter who it was to.

"You really should talk to him. We only have a few months till it's all over." Ennoshita reminded, getting cut short by Kinoshita who called him over. The boy stood up, walking off to greet the male by the door.

Recollecting her thoughts, she prepared to finally talk with Tsukishima thoroughly tonight.

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

"Come here." Yumiko called out softly, motioning for the boy to join her on the bed. Shaking off his jacket, the boy sauntered over to the bed and kneeled on it. He crawled over to her, laying on her body with his head on her stomach and his arms around her body.

Her fingers naturally went towards his hair, playing with the wavy locks of blond hair. "Can we talk?"

"No."

"Kei, please, I really want to get past this." The girl said desperately, really wanting to leave on a good note. "Please?"

Shifting his head, he peered up at her through his lashes. His glasses were sat on the nightstand beside her bed, forcing him to slightly squint at her.

Sighing, she shifted to be closer to him. "You know I have to leave for college soon, yeah?" The mention of her leaving made him stiffen. "I know you hate talking about it but I have to go soon. It's only for one year and you'll be with me again after that."

"Mm."

"But," The word made him freeze. "Do you think we'd be better off taking a break during that one year?"

"Huh?" He sat up, disconnecting his body from hers. "Are you suggesting we break up?"

"No! I mean, yes, but not forever, you know?" The female waved her hands around worriedly. "Just a bit of time to ourselves while we're away from each other. Just a break."

Tsukishima shook his head, "That's stupid."

"It's not. What if I leave and you find someone else you like? I don't want to hold you back from being happy, even if it means breaking up with you."

"That's stupid."

"It's really not."

"It really is. Do you even have braincells?"

"Kei."

"Yumiko."

The two stared at each other, unmoving.

All of a sudden, her bottom lip began to quiver. Tears glistened in her eyes, threatening to overflow onto her cheeks. Her lips parted and a small weep left her lips.

Hearing that heart his heart shred to pieces, feeling the exact same pain she felt.

"I don't wanna go." The girl cried, crawling over to Tsukishima who wrapped his arms around her. He clenched his jaw, blinking to stop the pricking of his eyes. "I wanna stay with you, Kei."

He exhaled heavily, "I do too," placing a kiss on her forehead, he swallowed thickly. "But you have to go."

She nodded, crying into his chest. The heart wrenching thought of leaving him after so long was tear jerking, leaving both of them in a cold, empty atmosphere.

When she finished crying, she laid beside him with her head on his chest. His hand soothingly rubbed her back, staring up at the ceiling blankly.

"You better make these next few months the best of our life." Yumiko mumbled, sniffling softly. The boy chuckled.

"I already planned to do that."

Wiping her tears, the girl sat up and climbed on top of him, straddling his body. "I'll never forgive you if you forget about me."

Lacing their fingers together, he smirked, "Do you really think I'd forget my little midget senpai?"

"Hmm, you might." He tugged her down, kissing her lips gently. "I'm kinda plain, don't you think?"

Plain? He scoffed. There's nothing plain about you.

"Bruh, I forgot to text Yuu about the going away party for the volleyball club." Yumiko said as she made a move to climb off of Tsukishima to retrieve her phone. The male grabbed her body, flipping them over so she laid underneath him. "Keiii."

"Yumiko," He whined playfully, burying his face in the crook of her neck, placing chaste kisses on the skin. "Stay with me tonight?"

Going limp beneath him, the female exhaled softly, reaching up to tangle her hands in her hair. "Fine, I'll spoil you tonight."

The two spent their last few months together making the best of it. By the time graduation had come around, both of them had emotionally prepared for the moment where they'd split.

With a cheesy smile, Yumiko waved Tsukishima goodbye and left with a suitcase and a picture frame of her and her boyfriend of almost two years.

"Until we meet again, yeah?"

"Yeah."

[ a/n : im sorry for rushing but my brain is moving faster than me so we argue sometimes 🙄 ]