𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 : 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Tomorrow, I'll take you on a proper date."

"Hello." Yumiko greeted awkwardly as she approached Tsukishima who stood outside her house. He was dressed in dark blue jeans with a black shirt. A jacket topped it off, bringing the look together.

Glancing up from his phone, he greeted her, "Hey." His eyes trailed down to rake her outfit she had chosen. It was a simple outfit consisting of ripped black shorts and a white short sleeve shirt with some sandals. "Uh, you look, uhm,"

She tilted her head to the side.

"You look nice." The boy managed to say, rubbing the back of his neck when his ears began to tinge pink.

Yumiko's lips curled upwards into a bright smile at the words. "Thank you. You look really good today too."

The two trailed off, growing flustered with the realization that this was actually a date between the two. Tsukishima was busy trying to think of the best thing to say while Yumiko was wondering if her breath smelled fine.

"Where are we going?" Yumiko asked, stepping closer to Tsukishima as they made their way to the station to catch the train.

"Um, it's a surprise...I guess." Tsukishima muttered, questioning himself more than she did. Thankfully, Yumiko didn't prod further and simply let it go with a nod.

After taking a seat on the train and patiently waiting to arrive at their destination, the train came to a stop at the place. Tsukishima stood up first, leading her out of the busy train by keeping a hold on her wrist.

Not even five minutes away from the station, they arrived at the final destination.

"T-Tsukishima," The female trembled, pointing at the scene before her. "We're going here?"

He eyed her weirdly, "Yeah? Unless you wanna go somewhere els-"

"No!" The female covered her face, making a few muffled noises. When she pulled her hands away, her face was tinged pink with a bright grin on her lips. "I've always wanted to come here!"

Phew. The relief he felt was indescribable. "Let's go then."

No matter how much Yumiko argued, he paid for their tickets in.

"I wanted to pay for it." Yumiko sighed, allowing Tsukishima to put the plastic bracelet on her wrist then helping him put on his.

"Well, that's too bad, midget-senpai." He smirked, reaching out to ruffle her hair. A laugh escaped his lips when he saw how tousled her hair was left. "You look like you went through a hurricane."

"Guess whose fault that is?" The female muttered, lifting her arms to pat down the strands.

"You missed this one." Tsukishima murmured absentmindedly, reaching out to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear. When what he was doing finally processed, he retracted his hand and turned away. "Let's, uh, go?"

"Yes!"

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

The two sat on a bench with no space between them. Yumiko's hand rested on Tsukishima's back as the boy hunched over, holding his face in his hands.