𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 : 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝗱 𝘆𝘂𝘂𝗱𝗮𝗶

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Get in here. Both of you."

Tsukishima was stiff under the eye of Mr. Kurosaki who glared at him from the kitchen. Mrs. Kurosaki was trying to calm her husband who was going on a small cuss spree about how his daughter shouldn't be near a boy to begin with.

"I'm sorry about him." Yumiko whispered from across the room. The two had at least ten feet between them, per her father's request. She face palmed, "He's being unbelievable right now."

Upon wrapping up his conversation with his wife, Mr. Kurosaki returned to the living room to sit beside Yumiko. His eyes bored into Tsukishima's soul, making the blond male feel small. The air was thick— uncomfortable even.

"So what's your name?" The man asked, his voice gruff as he spoke.

"Tsukishima Kei." The boy answered, bowing lightly to the man who sat before him.

"Sorry, Kei-chan, this is my husband Yuudai." Mrs. Kurosaki introduced, placing a small platter of snacks on the coffee table between them. Turning to her husband, her expression shifted into a curt look as she pulled his ear. "Stop acting like a hardass in front of Kei-chan and Yumiko. It's annoying."

With a huff, she bowed and exited the room to resume eating her lunch in another room.

Tsukishima almost wanted to laugh. Yumiko and her mom even act the same.

Composing himself, Yuudai cleared his throat and peered over at Tsukishima, "So, Tsukishima, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Uh, yes." Tsukishima answered back, motioning to Yumiko with his eyes. Yuudai seemed to catch on, growing angry for a moment but held it together.

"Do you have a job?"

"Err, no, I don't."

Yuudai's face twisted, "Then how do you expect to take care of my daughter if you don't have a job? Are you gonna be a neet and force Yumiko to work for the both of you?"

"Dad, please, he's literally only fifteen. Besides, I can handle myself. I don't need Tsukishima to take care of m-"

"I'm not asking you. I'm asking him." Yuudai retorted curtly, not looking away from Tsukishima who shifted uncomfortably. This kid's younger than her?

Tsukishima felt a bead of sweat slide down the side of his face. "No, I don't have a job. I also don't intend to let Yumi- uh, Kurosaki-senpai work to provide for the both of us."

"Then what do you intend to do?" The man asked, flexing his fingers pensively. "My daughter is not some kind of joke. Either take her seriously or get out."

"I am taking her seriously."

"Is that so? You remind me of those stoic guys that act apathetic but think they are entitled to beautiful women and toy with their hearts."

He would know because he used to be that guy. Mrs. Kurosaki thought with a small roll of the eyes.

"I promise. I'm taking this more seriously than anything else." Tsukishima proclaimed confidently, not backing down from Yuudai's strong glare. He didn't want to look away and get question for why he can't maintain eye contact. Something deep down told him to continue to stare back at Yuudai until everything was over.

"Come with me, boy." Yuudai stood up, walking over to the door to put on his shoes and pull on his jacket. Tsukishima glanced at Yumiko before standing up and following Yuudai to the door. "We're going for a walk. Girls, stay here."