𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝗯𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼𝘀

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

The school bell rang to signal the beginning of lunch. Students began to stand up, making their way over to their friends or exiting the classroom to get food from the cafeteria.

"Where are you off to?" Ennoshita asked with a raised eyebrow when he saw Yumiko stand up with a sense of urgency. "Bathroom?"

"Bruh-" She coughed out a laugh. "No, I'm gonna deliver some bentos."

Ennoshita nodded, standing up to head over to class two to visit Kinoshita.

Yumiko carried her bag down the hall, making her way to the first year area where a bunch of underclassman gathered. They all stared, surprised to see an upperclassman near their classrooms.

"One, three and four." She mumbled to herself as she flashed a smile at anyone who met her eyes. Knocking on class 1's door, she waited for someone to open it. When they did, she pursed her lips into a lopsided smile, "Hi, is Hinata Shōyō in there?"

The male who answered the door slightly jumped, surprised she was asking for Hinata. He pointed over at the male who was slumped over at his desk, "Uh, yeah, he's right there."

"Can you call hi-"

"Oi, Hinata!" The loud voice boomed, surprising Yumiko and being an alarm for Hinata who jumped up out of his seat in shock. The orange haired male perked up when he saw Yumiko standing by the door.

"Is it really Wednesday already?!" Hinata exclaimed with a bright smile, rushing over to the door to retrieve the outstretched bento Yumiko held out. He opened it up, gasping when he saw the contents. "Uwah! It's so cool!"

After last Wednesday when she had made Nishinoya and Tanaka two good bentos, the first years asked for a bento from her. They expected her to say it was a hassle, but she actually brightened upon hearing that. Her excitement hadn't died down despite it being a full week.

"What'cha got there, Hinata?" A classmate of his asked, slinging his arm around Hinata's shoulder to get a glimpse of the box. "A bento? Is this your girlfriend or something?"

Hinata tinted pink and shook his head, "No! She's just a manager for my club!"

"Whattt? Are you sure she's not in love with you?" The boy snickered, grabbing the box from Hinata to inspect the contents. "Wow, this is pretty tacky."

"Hey!" Hinata shouted, reaching for the bento. The boy pulled it away, popping a piece of chicken into his mouth.

"This chicken isn't even seasoned well. It's so bland." The boy shook his head, holding the bento in one hand. "It's kind of weird for senpai to make a bento for her kouhai with no special feelings behind it."

Yumiko opened her mouth to say something, but paused when a figure appeared behind her.

Their long arm outstretched around her, snatching the bento from Hinata's classmate. "Ehhh? Why does the Shrimp get such a fancy bento?"

"Geh." Hinata's classmate hissed under his breath when he saw who stood there. The tall blond hovered over Yumiko by quite a lot, looking huge in front of the shorter student. A contemptuous smirk sat on his lips, making his hazel eyes look a bit more cold.

"It's not fancy! I did the same for everyone." Yumiko shot back, turning around to face Tsukishima who lowered his arm, allowing her to grab the bento from him. "Shōyō just asked for something a little different."

He rolled his eyes, "Special treatment."

"Not even." She rolled her eyes back, perking up when she spotted Kageyama walking down the hall. "Tobio! Your bento!"

Kageyama visibly lightened up, walking over to Yumiko who rummaged through her back to retrieve his bento. "Thanks."

Tsukishima's smirk widened when he saw the look of shock on Hinata's classmate's face. "Let me guess, you wish miss goody two shoes would make you a bento too?"

His classmate stepped back, flushing light pink while getting defensive. "Hell no. I don't want her terrible cooking!"

"Yeah." The blond drawled out sarcastically, turning to Yumiko who was busy talking to Yamaguchi about the contents in his bento. The green haired male seemed astonished with the bento that was made just for him.

"Thanks, Yumi-chan!"

As the three dispersed, Tsukishima slowly turned on his heels to walk away, only to be stopped by Yumiko. "What, midget senpai?"

"Um, rude." She deadpanned, shaking her head. "How did you know I was here?"

Tsukishima quirked a brow, "I heard your annoying voice echoing in the hall. It's not hard to distinguish that weird voice of yours."

Her expression flattened. "Oh, fuck off."

A snicker left his lips. He shoved his hands into his pockets, turning away from the female who stood in her spot with pursed lips. Walk away before you catch her idiocy.

"Hold on," She called out, shoving something into his back. The male hissed, feeling the corner dig into his spine. "Oh fuck, my bad hahah."

Turning around, he pinched her cheek and snatched whatever was in her hand. "My bad." He mocked.

Looking down, his eyebrows slightly rose in surprise. It was a bento wrapped in a blue furoshiki.

"I would've felt bad if I made everyone a bento except you." She admitted begrudgingly. "But this is also a thank you for helping me earlier. Though, I totally had it under control and could handle it myself."

"Yeah, you totally weren't about to cry just then because he called your bento tacky. Sure." He rose a brow at her, shooting her a smug smirk. "And when did I help you? Why would I ever help you?"

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes, poking him in the ribs harder than she meant to. A laugh escaped her lips when he hissed, rubbing his ribs. "Thanks, anyway."

Tsukishima watched her lips curl into an effortless smile as her eyes slightly closed. The female turned on her heels, walking off to return to her classroom to enjoy a bento of her own.

The blond turned away, making his way over to his classroom to sit down. He unwrapped the bento and pursed his lips. The bento was arranged nicely, having enough food to feed him but not too much that there would be any leftovers. It was perfect.

Hmm.

[ extra ]

"I CANT BELIEVE HE SAID MY BENTO WAS TACKY. ILL SHOW HIM WHAT TACKY LOOKS LIKE AFTER I BEAT HIS AS-" Yumiko was pat on the shoulder by Ennoshita.

"Relax. Your bentos aren't tacky." He complimented, watching as she did a complete 180.

She smiled, "Really? You think so? Thanks!"

She's a whirlwind of emotions. 0.0;

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n : the plot will mellow out soon hehehe ]