𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 : 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Draw four, you fat bitch!" Yumiko shouted as she slapped the table, smirking at Nishinoya who gaped at her. "Hurry up!"

"Fuck you!" Nishinoya shouted back, begrudgingly picking up the four cards and getting his turn skipped. He rolled his eyes when he met Yumiko's smug stare. "Fuck. You."

"Right back at you."

"Can you guys stop flirting so we can finish the game?" Tsukishima deadpanned after being forced to listen them argue for the past hour. This was their longest game of the night because these two couldn't stop arguing. It was amusing to watch though.

Nishinoya and Yumiko pulled a face at the same time, "Flirting." They shuddered at the thought.

"Skipped." Ennoshita grinned, earning a loud groan from Tanaka who was skipped. The loud, competitive game continued until Suga threw down his last card.

"I win."

"WHAT?!" The room erupted in a frenzy over the silver haired males unexpected win. Suga simply stood there with a proud grin on his lips as he danced in the cards that rained down on him. "HOW?!"

"Skill. Technique." Suga mused, being shut down by Daichi.

"Luck." The brunette corrected, chuckling when Suga shot him a flat look.

"Gahhh!!" Nishinoya cried out as he threw himself over the couch loudly. "I'm so damn hungry!"

"Then go fucking eat." Yumiko shot back, pointing at the pantry that had enough food to go around. Nishinoya shook his head stubbornly.

"I want brownies. Make some for me?"

Yumiko's expression flattened, "Bitch, do I look like a fucking maid to you?"

The small brunette boy had to choose his words wisely or he'd die within the next two minutes. "..no, you're my...favorite girl friend."

She wrinkled her nose at the choice of words but she still felt touched nonetheless. "Fine, I guess I can make some." With a roll of the eyes, the female headed into the kitchen while the males cleaned up the cards and sat down to watch a movie.

Being the culinary student she was, she chose to make it from scratch instead of using the box mix she had in the closet. It would taste much better this way anyway.

Soft hums escaped her lips as she washed the dishes while waiting for the brownies to bake. A wave of sleepiness fell over her, making her look over at the time to realize that it was almost two AM already. Her tired eyes widened, surprised that it was already this late. It felt like it was nine o'clock just ten minutes ago.

She quietly put the dishes into the dish rack and washed her hands with regular soap, drying them on a towel. Her eyes turned to the oven to check on the brownies that were slowly cooking at a good pace.

Slowly turning away, her entire body shuddered when she saw someone standing there. A cold sweat slid down the side of her face over the sudden panic that set in.

"Jesus fucking christ, what the fuck?" Yumiko heaved, holding her chest that rose and fell at a quick pace. Her frightened eyes were glued to Tsukishima who doubled over with laughter.

"Pfft- your expression!" He snickered, earning a hard smack in the head with the wooden spoon from Yumiko who reddened with embarrassment.

"Don't bring it up!" She snapped, growing angry because of her embarrassment. God, I want to die now.

The blond slowly sobered up from his laughing fit, making his way over to the island to sit down on the chair. Plopping in the seat, he rested his forearms against the counter with a neutral expression on his face.

"Is everyone else asleep?" Her questioned earned her a tired nod from the blond who rubbed his eyes, yawning quietly. "Why are you up then?"

"I wanted a brownie." He admitted nonchalantly, shrugging his broad shoulders. Yumiko could see the way his muscles flexed whenever he moved. So skinny bone jones has muscles? Surprising.

To tired to be overly snarky, she turned to the fridge, "Do you want something to drink? I'll pour a cup of milk."

He hummed quietly, staring at her back while she rummaged through the fridge for the carton of milk. She poured two small cups of milk and gave him one cup while she kept the other for herself.

"So docile tonight." Yumiko pointed out, earning a lazy roll of the eyes from the boy. "What, cat got your tongue?"

"Shut up."

For the first time in almost three weeks, Tsukishima and Yumiko had managed to get through more than ten minutes without arguing. Maybe it was the fact that they were so tired right now that they couldn't seem to argue.

"Or maybe," she flashed him a sloppy grin. "You finally learned to respect your favorite senpai?"

His expression remained indifferent, "Hell no."

"It was worth a try." She sighed, sipping on the milk. "Oh, damn. The fucking brownies."

He snickered under his breath, earning a curious look from Yumiko who pulled the brownies out of the oven. He watched her place the brownies on the stovetop, fanning it with her oven mitt.

"What's the point of doing all this?"

The female turned around, "Huh?"

Tsukishima didn't answer, simply motioning to the sleepover and everything else. He couldn't really understand why she'd willingly force herself to cook for these people every Friday. She even allowed them to sleep over last minute.

"If you're talking about the cooking and stuff," Yumiko yawned. "It's just a matter of what I think is fun. I mean, I do enjoy hanging out with everyone and eating with them. That's all to it."

He didn't say anything.

"Do I need a reason to do it?" Yumiko questioned tiredly, yawning as she placed a brownie before him. "Here you go. Brush your teeth then go to sleep afterwards. I'm gonna put these away in a container then I'm off to bed."

Neither of them said a word to each other as she packaged the brownies then headed off to bed upstairs. She did return once to check on the boy's before she went to sleep for the rest of the night.

Once she was settled in her bed, she hummed, already about to fall asleep. The last thing on her mind before she fell unconscious was, He isn't as bad as he seems.