𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : 𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Hey!!" Yumiko turned around to beam at the males who entered her house with surprised written all over their faces. She extended her arms, motioning to the table. "Wash up and let's eat!"

The sight and smell of the food made their mouths water, hurrying to get to the table to eat. After everyone washed their hands and were settled in, they clasped their hands together and closed their eyes for a moment. "Itadakimasu!"

"So," Daichi cleared his throat, wiping the corners of his lips. "What is all this for?"

Yumiko knew what he was referring to. It was currently Saturday and Yumiko had invited everyone over for dinner. They were surprised to see the spread she had made for them without a reason.

Yumiko put down her bowl, sighing softly. "You losers need to eat properly." Maybe I shouldn't have said losers but whatever.

"You guys did amazing and even if you lost, you're still winners to me." She smiled, placing a piece of chicken on everyone's plate. "You deserve more than what you've got now."

Almost all at once, their hearts warmed. Yumiko was supportive but she tended to be a bit too realistic sometimes. She was just that type of person. Hearing her speak in a soft manner like this was refreshing.

"But," Her expression turned mischievous. "Don't think that I won't whip you guys into shape for your next match."

"Huh?!"

Yumiko laughed manically, "Next time, we'll crush them! All of them!"

"Okay, she's going nuts." Ennoshita said as he reached up to grab her shoulder, yanking her back into her seat. The female plopped down, sighing softly when she returned to her normal state.

"But seriously, we're going to win next time. And I'll be there to see it." Yumiko smiled, making everyone's heart warm once more. "Now, eat and cheer up. I've got a lot of food to go around."

The boys cheered, thankful for Yumiko who was able to produce such good food for them. She really was like a mother to them.

"So how are things with Shirokami-san? I heard you guys had a cooking competition the other day." Suga questioned, shifting the topic onto the female who sat on the other end of the table.

The mention of Shirokami made Tsukishima slightly freeze, glancing over at Yumiko. He expected a repeat of what happened the other night. But this time, he wouldn't be the one to comfort her.

"We're okay~ We got third place. Also, Shirokami-kun told me about the girl he likes, and it made me think that he's soooo cool!" Yumiko beamed, visibly happy as she spoke about the male. "He says that he's entering culinary school because he wants to learn how to provide for her because she's sick. I was tearing up when he told me about it. That man is too damn cool."

Everyone seemed taken aback by her sudden change in feelings for the male. Not even a week ago, she was gushing over him because she liked him. Now, she was going on about his career path that he had chosen for the girl he loved.

"Wait, shouldn't you be sad? I mean, you liked him, right?" Tanaka asked, confused about the whole thing.

Yumiko waved a hand around, "It's fine! I mean, I was a little sad that he only saw me as a kouhai but I'm glad he thinks of me as an equal in the cooking aspect. He says that he and I make a good cooking duo." She grinned arrogantly. "None of y'all have been complimented on that level, huh?"

"Oh, shush." Ennoshita muttered with a laugh. Yumiko burst out laughing in amusement.

"But really, Shirokami-kun wasn't the first guy I liked and he sure won't be the last." The brunette female exclaimed, popping a piece of chicken into her mouth. "At this point, I only need chicken and mashed potatoes to satisfy me."

"What about Tsukishima?" Nishinoya piped up, jutting a thumb over at the blond who quirked a brow.

Yumiko's eyebrows strew together. "What about him?"

"He's your ~rebound~ right?" Nishinoya said in cursive, smirking when both Yumiko and Tsukishima choked on their food.

"Huh?"

"One, what the fuck? Two, why'd you say it in cursive? And three, why the fuck?" The brown eyes girl asked incredulously.

"Language." Suga scolded lightly.

"Oh fuck, sorry." She covered her mouth. "Sorry."

Nishinoya spoke up, "Well, I saw you guys outside the other day." The smirk on his face made both Tsukishima and Yumiko deadpan. "Is there something you wanna tell us?~"

"No." Both of them said in unison making eye contact afterwards. Now we look sus.

"You guys have been awfully close." Daichi said, tapping his chin lightly. "I see you two together more than anyone else."

"I mean, if you have something to say, we won't judge." Suga continued, smiling reassuringly.

"That's only because we're all expecting it." Ennoshita added on with a shrug.

Kageyama piped up, "Wouldn't be a surprise."

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Yumiko asked with furrowed brown, glancing at everyone at the table in confusion. "I ran into Tsukishima after I left Shirokami-kun's house and he walked me home because it was late. That's all."

Everyone except Tsukishima and Yumiko pursed their lips awkwardly. "Oh. Seems we assumed incorrectly."

"You think?" Tsukishima scoffed, rolling his eyes at the males who laughed sheepishly.

Yumiko sighed loudly, standing up with her plate in hand. "I'd never date a kouhai. Remember that, idiots."

The female carried away her plate, heading into the kitchen to begin washing dishes since she finished eating a while ago.

Everyone remained at the table in awkward silence. As they began to eat quietly, Tsukishima shifted in his seat.

"I'd never date a kouhai. Remember that, idiots." He couldn't seem to figure out why those words sparked a slight irritation in his chest. It made his eyebrows furrowed and his lips curl downwards.

What's with that?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n : i did all my homework yesterday thinking it was Friday and slept in today because I thought it was Saturday 😄 ]