𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 : 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Bruh, I knew you were new to this but I didn't know you'd be this bad." Yumiko pointed out as she popped a gummy bear into her mouth, chewing on the red candy.

Tsukishima, who had cracked an egg and accidentally dropped the broken eggshells into the bowl, shot her a flustered glare. "Shut up."

"Either we can pick out the eggshells or we can start over." The female motioned to the eggshells then motioned to ingredients they could use to redo her entire batter.

"What a waste." Tsukishima muttered, rolling up his sleeve before reaching into the bowl to pull out the eggshells. It took less than ten minutes with the help of Yumiko who was really good at fixing simple mistakes like this. She's baked with Nishinoya and Tanaka too many time.

Once they had finally gotten everything into the bowl and mixed it up, Tsukishima poured it into the cake pan while Yumiko watched.

He popped it into the oven, closing it with a long sigh. This is so much work. Ugh.

"Now that that's in the oven, let's start on the frosting!" The sound of making more things made Tsukishima want to shrivel up and die. He really didn't want to make something else.

But once he saw the pretty smile on her lips, so wide and happy, he caved faster than he would've ever thought he would.

"Fine." He sighed, watching as she practically exploded with joy.

"Okay! There's a new recipe I wanted to try and I think it'll be perfect for this cake. My grandma came up with it, so it's got to be good." The female began to bring out the bowls and other materials needed to make this frosting.

Tsukishima watched the whirlwind of a girl begin the process, showing him what to do along the way. He found it quite amusing to watch her ramble endlessly about the frosting and whatever she knew about it. Although, he couldn't really understand what she was talking about half of the time.

"You're really good at this!" Yumiko gasped when she watched Tsukishima neatly fold the ingredients together, being careful not to over-mix. "What a good student."

He quirked a brow, "Is that a genuine compliment?"

"Yes!" She smiled, unknowingly sending an arrow through his heart. Yumiko really had no idea how simple things like a smile could affect him.

When the two finished up the frosting, Yumiko was dying to get a taste. "Give me the spoon. I wanna try some before I wash it."

Tsukishima held the spoon out to her, expecting her to grab it out of his hand and get a taste of the frosting.

A hand laid on his shoulder as she stood on her tippy toes, licking the spoon while holding his hand steady with her other hand.

Seeing this sight made him jump, accidentally hitting her in the face with the frosting covered rubber spatula.

"Oh...uh..sorry." Tsukishima mumbled awkwardly, stepping away from the female when his cheeks burned bright red. His eyes slightly widened when he saw the frosting on her cheek.

Yumiko gasped, "You motherfucker." She dropped to her knees, using her finger to pick up the frosting that fell on the floor. "Don't dirty the floor. My mom will kill me."