𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 : 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Yamaguchi skipped over to the blond, holding onto a small piece of hope that Tsukishima would be in the mood to practice a bit longer today. "What are you planning to do?"

"Take a bath and go to bed." The boy muttered, bending down to pick up his knee pads that sat on the floor beside the door. Standing up straight, his eyes searched the gym for the brunette that seemed to have disappeared a while ago. When she wasn't found anywhere, he turned on his heels and exited the gym wordlessly.

The cold air of the Tokyo night nipped at his skin, sending a chill down his spine. His sweat from practice was only furthering the cold sensation along his skin. He felt uncomfortable. All he wanted was to shower and get some rest for the night.

"Hey, you! Megane!" A voice called out, surprising Tsukishima who came to a stop when he walked past the lighted gym. His honey eyes peered over to the side, spotting two upperclassman from the other schools. One of them being Kuroo Tetsurou from Nekoma. "Mind coming over here and blocking for us?"

"Oh. Sorry, but I'm done for the day. Goodnight." The boy bowed, earning a disgruntled huff from Kuroo.

"Hahhh?? If you're a middle blocker, shouldn't you...practice blocking?" Kuroo questioned, smirking when he saw the shift in expression on Tsukishima's face. Now, we just need one more thing to reel him in.

"Yumiko-chan, that hurts!" Lev, a Nekoma first year, shouted in pain, catching the attention of the blond who recognized the name. His curious eyes peeked into the gym, noticing the brunette female sitting on the gym floor in front of Lev. She held his hand, bandaging up his finger that had gotten a little messed up after he fumbled the ball.

"Well, if you were more careful and listened to Kuroo properly, you wouldn't be hurt like this. We can't have you playing recklessly." Yumiko scolded, flattening the tape around his finger. "Is it too tight or is it alright?"

Lev flexed his fingers a bit, nodding when he found it to be just right. "It's perfect! Thanks, Yumiko-chan!"

The tall boy stood up, hovering over Yumiko who sat on the floor. She looked up, feeling overwhelmed by his height. "You're too tall."

"You're just small, Yumiko-chan." Lev laughed, stretching out a hand to help her off the floor. Once standing, she dusted off her pants and turned to the door, spotting Tsukishima walking over to the gym.

We got him. Kuroo and Bokuto thought in sync, smirking at one another when Tsukishima joined the practice.

Yumiko opened her mouth to greet Tsukishima but stopped herself short when she recalled the intrusive thought she had earlier.

"Maybe you're bothering him."

"Hnnghh." She grunted under her breath, turning on her heels to retrieve the volleyballs around the gym.

The night consisted of Akaashi giving Bokuto tosses that were spiked past Tsukishima. It was until Kuroo joined in on the blocking that Bokuto got stuffed a few times.

"Lev-kun, what the fuck is with that?" Yumiko asked as she held the ball in her hand, halting the small practice she was doing with Lev.