𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : 𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Kurosaki-san," Her homeroom teacher called out, waving the female down. Yumiko stood up from her seat, heading over to the woman who placed her hand on a large box beside her. "I'm really sorry to bother you with this, but could you take this box and papers down to Yoshida-sensei?"

Yumiko glanced around the class for any males who would've been suitable for the job but found none of them in the classroom. She wanted to slap herself for forgetting that the males of her class were forced to all go to the nurse's for a routine check up provided by the school. Girls were up for check ups later when the boy's of 2-4 finished.

Turning back to her homeroom teacher, she smiled and nodded, "Sure. Just these papers and this box?"

Her teacher nodded with a relieved smile. "Thank you! I recently got hurt, so I can't lift heavy things or move too much. I'm really sorry to bother you like this."

"Don't sweat it!" Yumiko grinned, picking up the box and papers, making her way over to the classroom door. She kicked the door open with her foot, stepping out and closing it behind her. The halls were practically empty, seeing as most people chose to stay in their classrooms for today. It felt weird to be out in the hall alone right now.

She hummed, "Yoshida-sensei..." Her brown eyes scanned the halls, trying to recall which classroom belonged to Yoshida. She did recall that he was a first year teacher who taught English, but she couldn't remember which class he was in. Curse me and my shitty memory.

Her fingers began to ache as she wandered the halls aimlessly. The box wasn't the lightest box in the world, but it wasn't terribly heavy. Though, if she didn't take a break for a minute soon, her fingers would probably snap soon.

Maybe it's in this hallway. Yumiko thought, sharply turning the corner to make her way into the other hallway. Her eyes widened when a male walked into her, pushing the box into her body. Her grip loosened for a moment, allowing the box to slip out of her hands. The other person's hand caught the box easily before it could drop.

"Ah, thank yo-" Yumiko glanced up, meeting Tsukishima's honey colored eyes that were narrowed slightly. "Oh, Tsukishima."

"Oh, midget-senpai." He replied.

"Hey. Stop calling me that, bitch." She growled, snatching the box out of his hands roughly. "Thank for you catching the box. Excuse me."

"Does the little midget-senpai need help with the heavy box? Your arms are pretty frail, hm?" The boy snickered, poking her forearm that was quite soft.

Her body shied away, "Don't touch me. That feels weird."

"Do you actually need help?" The male asked curtly, sounding more than serious than his previous words.

Yumiko stumbled over her words hesitantly, "Uhh, yes?"

He pursed his lips for a moment, looking away in thought. "Hmm, nah."

"You little-" She wasn't even able to argue with him because he turned on his heels, walking away from the female who teetered with the box in hand.

Nevermind, I fucking take it back. He is as bad as he seems. Yumiko rolled her eyes. To think that I put aside my pride for once and he was LYING.

"Kurosaki-san?" The familiar voice made her perk up. "Is that the box I was supposed to get?"

Yumiko turned around to face Yoshida-sensei who stood there with a cup of coffee in his hand. "Ah, yes, it is."

"Oh, shoot, let me carry that for you." He said as he picked up the box, leaving her with his cup of coffee and the papers.

"Sorry about him." Sensei laughed sheepishly, feeling bad for Yumiko who had to deal with Tsukishima who had been a bit more mean than usual. He was lucky they were in school or Yumiko would've whacked him.

She simply waved it off, "It's fine. I'm used to it by now." This wasn't a lie. After the sleepover on almost a week ago, she had been spending a lot of time with the team due to club things. Her schedule was quite empty, so she had been going with them to places after school or on the weekends whenever they asked. "But that doesn't mean he isn't a pain in the ass."

Yoshida was about to laugh but had to be teacher-like and scold her.

"Sorry, pain in the neck." Yumiko corrected, waving a hand aimlessly. "He's so annoying when he starts acting like that. His classmates must hate him. As they should."

"Surprisingly," Yoshida started off with a laugh, "He doesn't act like that often."

"Huh?"

He nodded, "It's rare for Tsukishima-san to talk in class unless it's to Yamaguchi-san. Even when they talk, it's usually one-sided because he's not answering half the time."

"Wow, what a shitty guy." Yumiko quickly covered her mouth from the accidentally slip. "I mean, terrible guy."

"But are you sure? He's not mean to the girls in his class? He doesn't make fun of the guys?" Yumiko asked, growing more upset with the things she was hearing. So this shitty boy is strictly picking on people in the volleyball club? I'm going to whoop him in a his ass the next time I see him. I swear to go-

"He doesn't talk to anyone. He tends to ignore the girls a lot. Guys just don't associate with him because he's a bit scary." Yoshida explained, earning a nod from Yumiko who subconsciously agreed. It is no lie.

The older man laughed, "You're the first person I've seen have a normal conversation with him."

There was a pause. Yumiko stared at Yoshida-sensei with a blank look. "You call that normal?"

He laughed, "Why yes, it's seems that you guys are really comfortable with each other."

That sentence made her want to throw up. "Comfortable- PLEASE! He's just an uncute kouhai who doesn't know how to respect his senpais." She rolled her eyes, placing the papers on his desk and handing him his coffee. "I'm going to head out now. In the mean time, please reevaluate your definition of a normal conversation."

The man chuckled, nodding lightly at her playful response. "Alright, see you."

Once the door shut, he sighed with content and smiled to himself. "Young love."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n : I FIXED IT ALL HEHEHE YEAAHHHH BOYYYYYY ]

published : october 18th, 2020
edited: october 18th, 2020