𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 : 𝗮𝗱𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘁

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

A drawled out, irritated sigh left Tsukishima's lips as he glared a hole into everyone in the room. His stern look didn't seem to faze anyone, seeing as they continued to bother him.

"C'mon, Tsukishima! You like her, don't you?"

The vein in his forehead pulsated when he heard that sentence again. It was beginning to seriously piss him off.

About an hour ago, the boys had finished practicing with the other teams here at the Tokyo training camp. Once everyone had finished washing up and eating dinner, they prepared for bed in their room for Karasuno members only.

A few idiots (Nishinoya, Tanaka and Hinata) accidentally revealed the fact that everyone had been wondering if Tsukishima had a crush on Yumiko. Now that they had gotten on the topic, they weren't leaving him alone until he gave them a proper answer.

"Do you like her, Tsukishima?! Man up and say it!" Nishinoya shouted, smacking Tsukishima's arm in encouragement. The blond scoffed, rubbing the spot that stung from the powerful hit.

"Yeah, bruh, come on!" Despite Tanaka's encouraging tone, his face was screwed together in subtle disapproval. It was almost comical.

"Stop it." Ennoshita cut the both off, dragging them away from the younger male who grunted with annoyance. "But seriously, you can be honest with us if you want to. We won't force you nor judge you."

"I don't like her. Even if I did, it's none of your businesses anyway." Tsukishima smiled thinly, shooting everyone an icy glare that made them shut up.

"Fine, Stingyshima. Don't tell us." Hinata huffed, climbing into his bed to sulk. I really wanted to know if Tsukishima was able to feel emotions. T_T

"Wasn't planning on tell you anything in the first place."

Everyone climbed into bed, settling under their sheets. However, Tsukishima stood up and exited the room, taking a walk down the hall for a breather.

He opened the window in the hall, sighing under his breath when the cold wind brushed against his face. Resting his arms on the window sill, he leaned on it and peered out at the dark scenery.

A breather was exactly what he needed to clear his mind for a bit. It was relaxing to be alone for a moment.

"Tsukki,"

Anddd, it's ruined. Turning his head to the side, he found Yamaguchi standing there with a sheepish smile. The green haired male wasn't fazed by Tsukishima's flat look that screamed 'go away if you're going to lecture me about love.'

"Sorry about everyone else." The male apologized, glancing at Tsukishima who returned his gaze to the scenery ahead of him. "They were just a bit excited."

"Excited about what exactly?"

Yamaguchi smiled, "You liking Yumiko-san, you know?"

"Hah?" The blond scoffed, getting a bit more irritated than he usually would've. Maybe it was the fact that his palms began to sweat and his stomach did a slight flip when Yumiko was mentioned. "What are you blabbing about?"

"Don't be embarrassed, Tsukki! It's normal to like people!" Yamaguchi held out his hands in defense, worried Tsukishima would snap at him for intruding on his personal affairs.

"And what makes you think I like her?" The blond rested his elbow on the window sill, using it to support his chin.

"Well, there are a few things that make us think you like her. The way you talk with her or the way you sometimes go out of your way to run into her." Yamaguchi pointed out, covering his mouth when he realized he probably shouldn't have said that.

Tsukishima quirked a brow, "What do you mean by go out of my way to run into her?"

Yamaguchi sweat dropped. "I may or may not know that you stayed behind to walk Yumiko-san home that one day when she stayed late for club." He rushed out, scrunching his eyes shut to prepare for the scolding that would come his way.

When there was a tense silence, Yamaguchi opened one eye and blinked over at Tsukishima. His jaw slackened when he saw the slight pink hue on his friend's ears. Oh my...

"Just..think about how you feel about her. You can always talk to me when you need it." Yamaguchi patted Tsukishima's shoulder lightly, turning on his heels to return to the room. "Night, Tsukki."

"Night." The blond replied absentmindedly, getting lost in his thoughts. He heaved out a deep breath, dragging his hands down his face.

His mind filled with images of the female. Things he found stupid about her were now strangely...cute? The way she always wore her hair down with that one white pin in it or the way she looked like a chipmunk when she ate, they were strangely amusing to watch. Part of him was glad she was able to retort his snarky comments, never getting offended. Though, he still thought she was a complete idiot because she was just as carefree as Nishinoya and Tanaka. As much he didn't want to admit it, he thought that her observation skills and caring nature was quite likable.

"Your face is red. Do you have a cold or something?" Yumiko asked as she leaned forward, looking up at Tsukishima's face to catch a glimpse of his reddened cheeks. The back of her hand rested against his forehead, checking his temperature. In this moment, her face was so close that he could see how long her eyelashes were and how soft her lips looked. His heart pounded, making his body burn a bit more than before.

His only defense mechanism left was to brush past her, muttering some bullshit that had come to head in order to escape the situation.

Recalling the feelings he had experienced with the older female, he scrunched his face up and pressed his forehead to the wall in front of him.

He wondered if this was what it felt to like someone. Truthfully, this was the first time he had taken interest in anyone other than himself. And for it to be a girl who was one year older than him, now this was troublesome.

As much as he wanted to avoid it, he knew the world would never let him evade his feelings for long.

Shit.

Even though he realized he had liked Yumiko on his own, there was no way in hell that he'd tell his teammates about it.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ a/n levanter by skz is now my fav song. ALSO, my other books are slow burn but this book ended up being slow slow slow ultra slow extra hella slow burn ]