Ondolemar x reader

I sighed, getting out of bed for the second time of the night. I couldn't sleep, too many thoughts kept roaming my head. The streets were empty of people, and cool breeze blew through markarth. My eyes drifted from door to door, admiring the beautiful dwarven designs. I was always fascinated by them, and how they disappeared, so none of my friends were surprised when I chose to settle in markarth.
There was a cliff near the waterfall that was easy to climb, something I had learned during my multiple sleepless nights. Though it led up to a path that led to the wizards quarters or something of the like, I never really bothered with that. It was just a nice place to look at the stars, and watch the sun come up if you were lucky.
I slowly climbed up the wall, and when I neared the top I felt a hand over mine and nearly panicked. My grip lessened for a moment, causing the person to grab my wrist to help steady me. I quickly regained my balance, taking a few deep breaths before looking up at the person who scared me this badly. It was Ondolemar, someone I didn't know well but already had a mildly negative opinion on. I hated the thalmor more than I hated most anyone in this country.
Surprisingly, he held out his hand to me, and mumbled a small apology. The only run ins I had with him so far were him being rude to myself or others. He had a female guard though, who was very kind. I took his hand and made my way the last few feet up onto the ledge.
"Why are you up here?" I asked quietly, pulling the fur coat I had on a little tighter to my body.
"I don't need to tell you anything (race)." I sighed, a small bit of frustration starting to grow in my chest. "I'm sorry." He muttered, staring down at the water.
"Excuse me? I never thought I would hear you say that." He chuckled, before bringing his head up to make eye contact with me.
"I'm not surprised."
"Seriously though, why are you up here? You're a busy elf, you should be getting a good amount of sleep."
"It's not easy for me to fall asleep."
"Me either."
"Then I'm guessing you're out here because you can't sleep too?" I just nodded, sitting against the wall behind us to stare up at the stars. Ondolemar sat next to me, a small smile on his lips. I looked at him as he stared at the sky. I could almost see the stars reflecting in his golden eyes. He looked even more amazing under moonlight, some features I never noticed before, like the small scar on his cheek.
"How often do you come here?"
"Too often."
"Well, I'll make sure to come up here more often then. I wouldn't want you to get lonely." I could only begin to imagine what could be keeping him awake. I knew his job was stressful, and I knew he had probably seen horrible things.
That night there was no conversations about the wars, politics, debates about gods or anything of the sort. We talked and laughed, told eachother stories until the sun came up in the morning. Of course the guards and calcelmo were both confused to find us there, exhausted and laughing over the stupidest things. I got to see a lot about him that most people didn't, like that he had a lot of funny stories about training with the thalmor, and hearing that elenwen isn't always as serious as she makes herself out to be. Everything was overshadowed by the way he looked at me though, like I was someone to pay attention to. Most of the time he had a blank stare while talking to people, rarely making eye contact and more or less gazing at them as if they were an object. But that night was the first time he looked at me like a person, and someone he wanted to pay attention to.
I had only wished that I would see him look at me like that again.