Chapter 13

•Friday night•
Ella spent the night at her friend's house, the rest of the family gathered at Emma's apartment.
Miranda and Taylor sat on the couch watching their son and granddaughter play.
Emma and Benjamin were in the kitchen bringing snacks to watch a movie.
"I want ice cream." Emma said, as she walked from the kitchen to the living room. "I'll go get you ice cream." Benjamin said. "Thank you." Emma said. "Dadda I come?" Mackenzie asked. "Ask momma." Benjamin said, walking to the bedroom to grab Emma's car keys, and some money.
"Are you sure it's safe for Mackenzie to go with him?" Taylor asked, very low. "He wouldn't hurt her, he loves her." Emma said. "Okay." Taylor said, trusting his daughter. "He's been really good, we have been in a good place, no fighting, he's been helping around the house." Emma said, in a low voice; getting cut off by Benjamin walking back into the living room. "Are you coming princess." Benjamin asked, talking to Mackenzie; looking at Emma for an answer. Emma nodded, and tossed him her little sweater from behind the couch. "Shoes are in the closet." Emma said. Benjamin walked to the closet to get her some shoes.
"Papa I go bye-bye with Dada." Mackenzie said to Taylor, standing up and walking to Taylor. "Yes you are, my princess." Taylor said, picking her up.
"Okay princess, let's put your shoes on." Benjamin said. Taylor put Mackenzie down, and she walked to Benjamin. He put on her little pink Vans that Taylor and Miranda got her.
"Pretty princess now matches with grandma." Miranda said, putting out her foot, she actually had the same pink vans on. Everyone laughed.
Elli was sitting on Miranda's lap, "momma I go?" Elli asked. "No, buddy." Miranda said. "He can come if you want." Benjamin said. "No, it's okay; his car seat is a hassle." Miranda said. Benjamin nodded.
Benjamin gave Emma a kiss. Mackenzie stood by the door with her little hands in her pockets. Miranda had to take a picture. "Cheese." Mackenzie yelled. Miranda and Taylor laughed.
"Don't do anything stupid, with my baby in the car."
Taylor said. "Yes sir." Benjamin said.
"Bye princess, momma loves you." Emma said. "Lobe you." Mackenzie said, in her little baby voice.
Benjamin picked her up, and walked out the door. Mackenzie hated the car, Benjamin picked her up, basically throwing her into her seat and she started to cry.
"Don't cry, I'm sorry." Benjamin said. He handed her boogan (pacifier) "don't feel like dying tonight." Benjamin said, knowing if he hurt her, Taylor would kill him.
Benjamin wasn't making a regular trip to the store, he had other ideas.
He took Mackenzie into the store put her in the cart, with a note and the diaper bag.
The note said:
" I  should've done this a long time ago, I thought it would change but it never did... her mom always uses her as a dealbreaker; I'm over it. I'm sorry, I can't keep doing this."
He left her there and started to walk away.
"Sir your daughter." "She's not mine." Benjamin said. "You came into the store with her, I watched you leave her." A nice lady said. Mackenzie started to cry,  "Dada."
"I'm not your dad kid." Benjamin said angry. "She's calling you dad, she's at the age to know who you are, who does she belong to?" "My girlfriend, I don't want her anymore."  "Take her home to her mom, she'll need her mom." The lady said. "No, she doesn't." Benjamin said. "Well, I'm calling the cops, you can't just leave her here." The lady said. Benjamin ran away.
He got into the car, pulled out a fireball shot from his jacket and drove off. He wasn't going back to Emma's apartment, he didn't know where he was going, but he wasn't going there.
The lady picked up Mackenzie, the note, and the diaper bag, and walked out of the store and started to talk to a manager.
She opened the diaper bag to try to find something with name and number on it.
•A hour passed•
"It doesn't take that long to get ice cream from the store." Emma said, starting to get worried.
"I'll be back." Miranda said. "Let me come with you." Taylor said. "No, stay here with our daughter and son. I'll be back. I'll be fine." Miranda said. Taylor didn't a chance to say anything before Miranda reached in Taylor's pocket grabbing his Keys, and his wallet, knowing that a concealed paper with his and her name on it, then grabbing the gun from his side. "Miranda." Taylor said, as she walked out the door. She wasn't going to give up, so he didn't even try.
Miranda got into Taylor mustang and drove to the local Walmart.
Cliffhanger!!
Word count: 806