Chapter 24

•Fearless•
•4 months later•
Miranda gave birth to a healthy, happy, baby girl; Elianna Violet Kinney. Elianna was born with Down syndrome as expected; from ultrasounds.
Elianna was born March 17 at 6:29Pm; a Saint Patrick's day baby; she was born a little underweight and height; Elianna was a 5 pound 5 ounces, and 18.16 inches. Elianna is now 1 month and 2 days old.
(Picture here)
Miranda got her tubes tied no more Little Kinney's running around, Elianna will be the youngest of 4.
•• NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE••
Ella was at a friends house, and Eli was at Emma's for the night.
Miranda and Taylor were going on a date night, and taking Elianna Violet with them.
Miranda sat on the couch feeding Elianna. Taylor was upstairs getting ready, and packing the diaper bag.
"All ready! You girls ready?" Taylor asked. "Yeah, just give me a minute to finish up here." Miranda said. "Yeah." Taylor said, sitting next to her. "This is going to be my first time breastfeeding in public in a really long time." Miranda said. "We can stay in." Taylor said. "No, I want to go! It will be good to get out of the house."
Miranda said. "Yeah, and with our pretty princess." Taylor said, rubbing Elianna's feet with his thumb. She was done eating, Miranda pulled her shirt up over her breast, she handed Elianna to Taylor. He picked her up, kissed her nose. "She's perfect." Taylor said. "Agreed!" Miranda said. He put Elianna on his legs, and put his hand on her stomach lightly. Elianna grabbed his finger. Miranda came around the couch, after getting her shows on. "Her hands might be small buts she's got daddy wrapped around them." Miranda said, with a laugh. Elianna started to cry. "It's okay, I got you." Taylor said, picking up and placing her on his chest.
•at the restaurant•
Miranda and Taylor, and little Elianna went to Asado Urban Grill.
They got a booth, Ellianna was fast asleep in Taylor's arms.
"Hi, my name is Taylor; I'm going to be your waiter tonight, can I start you off with something to drink?"
Taylor and Miranda laughed. "My name is Taylor too." Taylor said. "It's nice to meet you, Taylor!" Their waiter said. "Can I have a glass of water?" Miranda said. "Of course! And for you?" He asked. "Can I get an Orange Creamsicle?" Taylor asked. "Yeah, of course." The waiter said. "Not drinking?" Miranda asked. "No, not tonight." Taylor said.
A few minutes went by and they got their drinks and ordered their food. Miranda ordered a charred broccoli salad. Taylor ordered a southwestern salad.
•A little later•
Elianna just woke up, Miranda was breastfeeding her, no one could see anything, a very natural, calm place.
Elianna was just about done eating, when a married couple was walking by, leaving the restaurant. They stopped to look at Miranda and Taylor. "Can I help you?" Miranda asked. "Shouldn't you do that in the bathroom?" The lady asked. "Excuse me?" Miranda asked. "It's really disgusting, you should do that in the bathroom." The lady said. "Would you like to eat in the bathroom?" Taylor asked. "No?" The lady asked. Miranda stopped feeding Elianna, she was done anyways. "What happened to her face?" The lady asked. Taylor and Miranda looked at each other, and had a what the fuck moment. "She has Down syndrome." Miranda said. "I would have said no thanks! Then thrown her in the trash!" The lady said. Miranda's jaw dropped and she looked at Taylor, down at Elianna, and back up at the lady. "Excuse me?" Miranda asked. "You heard me." The lady said. "I'm sorry, do you have kids?" Miranda asked. "No, don't want them, all they do is scream and cry!" She said. "There babies." Miranda said. "They take away the fun." The husband said. "We have 4, we still have fun." Taylor said. "They all look like her?" The lady asked, very rudely. "No, my kids are beautiful." Miranda said. "Not her, she's useless! She should just die" She said. "Are you threatening my 1 month old baby?" Miranda asked. "No, I'm just saying she's never going to do anything bright." "Kids with Down syndrome are very smart." Miranda said. "She's not going to do anything and should die." She said. "Taylor!" Miranda said. "Yeah. Let's go finish this outside." Taylor said, handing Miranda his wallet and their car keys. " Meet me in the car, and Protect our baby at all costs." Taylor said. Taylor pushed him and his wife out the door. Miranda paid and covered up Elianna, with it being cold outside. She got to the car and called 911, for the safety of Elianna and her and Taylor.
She texted Taylor and told him that an officer was on the way. The best thing was to not tell the married couple that the cops were coming for they didn't leave.
The officer arrived and made her way to Miranda. "Hi, I'm Lt. Jones with the Chicago Police Department, I have your complaint about your baby being threatened." The officer said. "Hi, yeah, me and my husband were having dinner here, and a couple came to us, and started saying she should die." Miranda said, almost in tears. "Okay, can you walk me through the whole story? Are they still here?" She asked. "Yeah, there over there with my husband." Miranda said, then telling her the story. "Thanks, I'll be back." She said. Taylor walked back and got into the driver seat. Miranda let out all the tears she had been holding back. "We did the right thing." Taylor said. He wrapped his arm around her and then took Elianna and kissed her. The officer came back, "they said they know you, but I checked the security cameras and they were lying, like I guessed. Would you like to get a restraining order? they will also be token in tonight, for threatening a minor and lying to law enforcement." Lt.Jones said. Miranda nodded. "No, we don't need a restraining order." Taylor said.
Lt. Owen got the wife from the back of the cop car, and put her in hand cuffs. "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in court of law, you have the right to talk to a lawyer and have him present with you while you are being questioned. If you cannot afford to hire a lawyer one will be appointed to represent you before any questioning if you wish. You can decide at anytime to exercise these rights and not answer any questions or make any statements." Lt. Jones said, then putting her back in the cop car; doing the same for her husband.
She walked back over to Miranda and Taylor, "okay, we are all good here, have a great rest of your night." Lt. Jones said. "Thank you!" Miranda said. "You got it!" She said.
"Let's go home, huh?" Taylo asked, talking to Elianna. He then got out of the car and put her in her car seat, safety drove home.