Chapter 20

•2 weeks after Ella's 10th birthday•
•Miranda is now 2 months pregnant•
Miranda and Eli went to Emma's apartment, Ella wanted to spend some one on one time with Taylor; he stayed home to spend time with Ella.
"Daddy my belly hurts." Ella said, as she curled into a ball on the couch. "Princess, would you like some tea or water? Or is there anything I can get you?" Taylor asked. "Water please daddy."  Ella said, in so much pain in her voice.
Even though Ella was 10 years old she was the biggest daddy's girl, mostly when she's sick. Taylor got her water, sat her on the table, and picked her up, and set her on his lap. "Daddy, it hurts." Ella said. "I'm sorry princess." Taylor said, and she wrapped her hands around his back, he put his hand on her head and was playing with curly hair,  that she got from her momma.
•one hour passed•
"I think I'm going to be sick." Ella yelled, getting off the couch and running to the bathroom. She bent over the toilet and nothing came out.
She closed the door and sat on the toilet, looked down and there was blood on her underwear. "Daddy, I'm bleeding" Ella yelled from the bathroom. Taylor knocked on the bathroom door, "can I come in?" He asked, hearing Ella crying. "Daddy, I'm scared." Ella said. Taylor opened the door, and Saw the blood on her underwear, he bent down, "princess, you remember when momma told you you might have this happen?" Taylor asked "yeah. My period." Ella said. "Yeah, that's all it is; it's okay, I did this with your sister, I'll be right back." Taylor said. "Okay." Ella said. Taylor went to get her a new pair of underwear, and texted Miranda.
T: princess, started her period!! Don't worry I have it under control, I'm taking her to the store
M: aww I'll be home soon!! You're such a good daddy; there's lots of dads that won't do that for their daughters
T: well I'm not that dad
M: I know, I'll be home soon!! I love you
T: I love you too
"Here princess, put these on, and put this pad on, do you know how?" Taylor asked. "Yes daddy, momma showed me." Ella said. "Okay, when you're done, meet me in the car, don't forget to wash your hands and lock the front door." Taylor said. "Where are we going?" "To the store, you're going to need some supplies." Taylor said. "Okay." Ella said.
Ella walked out to the car, and got into her booster seat. "Ready princess?" Taylor asked. "Yes." She nodded.
•At the Store•
Ella took Taylor's hand as they walked into the store. "You'll need pads, chocolate, flowers, and some new underwear, and any other snacks you want." Taylor said.
As they stood in front of the pads, Taylor was explaining to her the kind she would need, for it being her first time.
"Single dad?" Some older women said, as she walked by. "No, I'm happily married and have kids." Taylor said. "Shouldn't your wife be here with her?" She asked. "I've done this many times, thanks for your concern." Taylor said. The lady rolled her eyes and continued walking.
They got the pads they wore looking for, Ella got some chocolate, hot Cheetos, and chocolate milk. They walked past some pretty pink roses, "here princess, these are for you." Taylor said. "Thanks daddy." Ella said.
•At checkout•
The clerk smiled "I'm a single dad too, this is really great what you are doing for her." He said. "I'm happily married!!" Taylor said, with a small attitude, and holding up his hand with his ring. "Oh, I'm sorry; I just thought." "Because I brought my daughter to the store, to get essentials, that I'm a single dad, yeah I know." Taylor said.
•In the car•
"Daddy?" Ella asked. "Yeah princess?" Taylor said. "Why did those people keep asking if you were a single dad?" Ella asked. "You know how me and momma love each other and are very close?" Taylor asked. "Yeah." Ella said. "Well, not every boy and girl have momma and daddy's like you and your siblings; some daddy's don't take their daughter's shopping like I do." Taylor said. "Why daddy?" Ella asked. "Well, I don't know princess." Taylor said.
•At the house•
Ella took her bag and flowers and ran inside. Miranda and Elli were home. "Momma, I got my period."
Ella said, very proud. "My baby girl is getting so big." Miranda said. "Daddy took me shopping, and a lot of people thought he was a single dad." Ella said. "Is that right?" Miranda asked. "Yeah, I told them I was happily married, and have kids." Taylor said, then went to the roses in the vase. "Momma, do you love daddy?" Ella asked. "Of course, I love him so much." Miranda said. "Me too." Ella said. Miranda smiled and kissed her forehead. "You understand you have to change your pad every few hours, right?" Miranda asked. "Yes momma." Ella said. "If you need medicine, come ask me or daddy." Miranda said. "Okay momma." Ella said. "Princess, you should shower to get all the blood off your leg from earlier." Taylor said, and Miranda nodded. "Okay." Ella said, waking towards the bathroom.
•A few minutes later•
"What happened at the store to make our daughter think I don't love you?" Miranda asked."A few people said something about single dad, and in the car she asked why they said that so I explained that not every momma and daddy's love each other, and not every daddy takes their daughter shopping." Taylor said. "That's all?" Miranda asked. "Of course, my love." Taylor said, kissing her and placing his hands on her bump.
Ella came down from the shower, "did you put a pad back on?" Miranda asked. "Yes momma, and new underwear." Ella said. "Good, I'm so proud of you girly."
Miranda said. "Thanks momma. I love you and daddy."
"I love you princess." Taylor Said, kissing her forehead. "I love you too." Miranda said.
They cuddled on the couch and watched a movie, and Elli and Ella fell asleep, one in each Parents lap.
Word count: 1040