Chapter 16

New character:
Amelia Lynn Wize
Age:20
No kids
Not married
Single at the moment
Kind, smart, wants to have fun, not a troublemaker, looking for someone to have something special with.

•Friday Night• •around 6• Emma is going to dinner with her friend Amelia, who she hasn't seen in almost 2 years, talked everyday, Amelia just moved back to Chicago from Colorado

Emma is going to dinner with her friend Amelia, who she hasn't seen in almost 2 years, talked everyday, Amelia just moved back to Chicago from Colorado. Miranda and Taylor are taking the kids out for Ice cream, and then they are just going to chill at the house.
"What color should I do?" Emma asked her mom, talking about makeup. "Pink, since your dress is pink." Miranda said. "Thanks." Emma said. "Yeah." Miranda said.
•Emma left•
"Hi." Amelia said, hugging Emma, at the restaurant. "Hi, it's been too long." Emma said. "That it has been." Amelia said, pulling out the chair for Emma. "Thank you." She said. "No problem."
•Dairy Heaven•
"Let's go, my babies." Miranda said, taking Elli and Mackenzie's hand. Ella took Taylor's hand.
"Twins?" Some lady asked. "No. She's my granddaughter." Miranda said. "My bad." She said. "It's okay, happens all the time." Miranda said.
Miranda sat the babies in the high chairs, while they waited for the ice cream.
"Here princess." Taylor said, handing Ella her ice cream cone. "Thank you, daddy." Ella said. "You're welcome princess." Taylor said. He handed Elli and Mackenzie a small ice cream cone.
"What about me?" Miranda asked. "You wanted one?" Taylor asked. "Yeah, baby." Miranda said. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted one." Taylor said. "It's okay." Miranda said, actually looking sad. "Here baby, you actually thought I didn't get you one?" Taylor said, handing her an ice cream cone. "That's yours." Miranda said. "No, I actually didn't want one." Taylor said. Miranda got a big smile, and took the ice cream. He kissed her forehead.
•at the restaurant•
Emma ordered a grilled chicken salad, and a glass of water.
Amelia ordered a burger, fries, and a Coke Cola.
"You can have anything, I'm not going to judge you." Amelia said. "Girl, I know that. I've known you since 7th grade." Emma said. They both laughed.
"You know I have a daughter, right?" Emma asked. "Yeah, I bet she's a cutie." Amelia said. "She is, she looks just like me, acts like me too, and my mom." Emma said. "Your parents love her huh?" Amelia asked. "They do, very much." Emma said.
"I hope I get to meet her." Amelia said.
They got their food. "Of course you'll meet her." Emma said. "How's your sister and brother?"Amelia asked. "They're good. Ella misses you, you haven't met Elli yet?" "No, it's been forever since I've been to your house." Amelia said. "Since the last time you were over,I was raped, got pregnant, I had a baby, my mom had a baby, my crazy boyfriend Overdosed, and crashed my car." Emma said.
"Nothing much has changed since you were over at my house last, my parents got a divorce, my mom is fucking around with this old guy 20 year age different, my dad is out on the streets doing drugs somewhere in Lakewood Colorado, I live on my own in a horrible apartment." Amelia said, holding back tears. "Hey, it's okay." Emma said, hugging her. "You know, I moved back into my mom and dad's, I still have my apartment, it's a fairly nice 2 bedroom, you can stay there, I'm probably not moving back in anytime soon, I'll help you with the rent till you can get back on your feet." Emma said. "You would do that for me?" Amelia asked. "Amelia you are my best friend, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, the apartment has a lot of toys on the floor." Emma said, with a small laugh. "Emma— Thank you." Amelia said. "You're welcome." Emma said, hugging Amelia.
Before they hugged one more time before leaving, "I want you to have this now, you're going to need it to get in." Emma said, handing her the apartment key. "Thank you." Amelia said. "You're welcome." Emma said. Amelia hugged her, picking her up. "Dang I missed you." Amelia said. "I missed you too." Emma said.
•back at the house, with Taylor and Miranda•
"Daddy, will you take me for a ride on the motorcycle?" Ella asked Taylor. "Umm yeah, go put boots on." Taylor said. Ella came down with her little boots on, "daddy I'm ready." "Okay princess, let's go." Taylor said, handing her a little leather jacket.
He got the motorcycle out of the garage and pulled to the side of the road. He put his and her helmet on He helped Ella on the bike and got on behind her, she was sitting in front of him. He took her around the block a few times.
"Thank you daddy, that was so much fun." Ella said. "You're welcome princess." Taylor said, taking her hand as they walked inside.
•Emma was back home•
"How was your dinner?" Taylor asked "it was really good." Emma said. "How was your ride?" Miranda asked. "It was good." Taylor said, smiling at Ella. "Daddy, I want to go for a ride." Emma said. "Let's go." Taylor said. Emma put on her jacket, and went outside. Taylor handed her a helmet and he got on the bike, she got on behind him. "Ready?" Taylor asked. "Ready."
Emma said, grabbing his waist.
They went around the block a few times, "thank you." "You're welcome baby girl." Taylor said. "Will you watch your sister and the babies for a few minutes?" Taylor asked her. "Yeah." Emma said. "Get your mom, tell her to bring her jacket; we're going for a ride." "Okay." Emma said.
•A few minutes later•
"Hi baby." Taylor said. "Hi my handsome man." Miranda said, putting her hands by his chest and he wrapped his hands around her, kissing her forehead. "Will you go for a ride with me?" Taylor asked. "Of course." Miranda said. He grabbed the helmet and put it on her and then helped her on the bike. He got on in front of her, she wrapped her hands around him, and they went for a ride and stopped at the top of the hill to watch the sun set.
Miranda snuggled up next to him and wrapped her hands around him inside his jacket. "I love you." Miranda said. "I love you, baby." Taylor said.
She gave him a kiss.
Word count:1077