Chapter 14

•Part Two•
Miranda is almost at Walmart, when she started to Call Benjamin and leave voicemails
"Benjamin if you are not at this Walmart when I pull up, you better have my granddaughter but at the house before I get, if you've done anything stupid I will find you, you will die." Miranda said, parking the car and getting out and and walking inside Walmart, walking up to the first employee that she saw.
"Hi, have you seen him?" Miranda asked, showing the employee a picture. "Yeah, he was just in here and left a baby." "What do you mean left a baby?" Miranda asked. "Come with me." The employee said. "Yeah, okay." Miranda said, started to walk behind her.
They went to a room in the back of Walmart, where Mackenzie, a cop, and the lady that found her was.
"Mackenzie, princess." Miranda said. "Who is this." The cop asked,talking to the employee. "Grandma." Mackenzie yelled, standing up and running to her. Miranda picked her, kissed her. "Ahh nevermind, that answers my question." The cop said.
"Hi my name is Miranda Kinney, this is my granddaughter Mackenzie, and wherever he is that is my daughters boyfriend Benjamin." Miranda said. "We actually don't know where he is." The lady that found Mackenzie said. Miranda gave her an odd look. "Hi I'm Brooke, I found your granddaughter in a cart, I tried talking to umm Benjamin and tried to tell him to just take her home." Brooke said. "Thank you." "Was there a note?" Miranda asked. "Yeah." The cop said, handing her the note. She read it to herself. "Oh goodness, FUCK." She said, waking up Mackenzie. She lifted her head from Miranda's chest and started to cry. "It's okay, I'm sorry baby." Miranda said. Miranda pushed her hair away from her face, rubbed the tears off her cheeks. "It's okay, princess I got you." Miranda said. Mackenzie slowly fell back asleep. "He has my daughter's car." Miranda said. "We have officers looking for him, but we don't know anything." The officer said. "What do you need to know?" Miranda asked. "Brooke I have to ask you to step out of the room for I can ask Mrs. Kinney some questions." The officer said. "Of course." Brooke said.
"I do have to ask to see your concealed carry paperwork." The office said. "Umm yeah." Miranda said, moving the baby to get inside her purse and getting Taylor's wallet and getting the paperworks he wanted.
"Taylor Kinney your husband?" He asked. "He is."
Miranda said. He handed her the concealed back and continued. "What is Benjamin's last name?" "Benjamin Tumbler, 21 years old, he's driving a 2019 accord sport." "License plate says 'Kinney 3.'" Miranda added. "Who does the car belong to?" "It belongs to me and my husband, but my daughter drives it." Miranda said. "How old is your daughter?" "She's 20." Miranda said. "Thank you, let me get this information into my officers and they will continue looking for him, but you can take your granddaughter home." The officer said. "Thank you." Miranda said, she stood up and carried Mackenzie out to the car, buckled her into Elli's car seat. Mackenzie started to cry, "it's okay princess, you're okay." Miranda said. "I'm going to take you home baby." Miranda said.
She sat in the driver's seat and took a breath, then called Taylor.
T: Hey what happened?
(Mackenzie started to cry in the back)
T: you found Benjamin and Mackenzie
M: no, I found Mackenzie, not Benjamin
T: what?
M: I'm on my way to Emma's apartment, I'll explain when I get there
T: okay, love you
M: Love you too
She started the car, and headed to Emma's apartment.
Mackenzie soon fell asleep in the back seat. When she got there, she laid Mackenzie on her chest and walked inside.
"She's sleeping." Miranda said. Emma took Mackenzie from Miranda and sat on the couch with her. Elli was asleep on the floor, he just passed out there playing. Miranda handed over the Gun to Taylor. "So what happened? Where's Ben? Actually I don't care where he is. Where is my car?" Emma asked. Miranda handed her the note. "Oh fuck." Emma said, in a low voice. "I thought he was safe, everything was going good, why does things just keep happening?" Emma asked. "He young and doesn't want to be a dad." Miranda said. "He didn't have to leave her at a store, he could have just told me." Emma said.
There was a knock at the door.
"Is this the home of Emma Kinney?" An officer asked. "It is, and you have found her. Taylor walked over to Emma and took Mackenzie from her, and placed her on his chest.
"Is Miranda Kinney here?"The Officer axles. "She is." Emma said. "Can you get her please?" "Yeah, umm mom." She said. Miranda walked over to the door, and Taylor followed. "You can come in." Emma said. "Thank you." The officer said.
" Are you the girlfriend of Benjamin Tumbler?" "I am." Emma said.
Miranda picked up Elli and placed him on the couch. "I'm sorry; there has been an accident." He said. "Is he okay?" Taylor asked. The officer looked at Taylor then at Emma then back at Taylor. Then he began to talk. "Benjamin was going extremely over the speed limit, he didn't have a seatbelt on, when the cops arrived, the first thing they did was a drug test, it came back for methamphetamines, cocaine, alcohol, we found at least 5 needles in the passenger seat, it seems that Benjamin Overdosed and got into an accident, Benjamin was rushed to the closest Emergency Room, but I'm so sorry Benjamin didn't make it."
Cliffhanger
Word count: 957