Chapter 7

▶Ariel: "Well, If father has the attention to give Ariel. Then this daughter doesn't mind at all." Said with a smile.
▶Baron: "Heh! Going around the bush. You've changed. You've been sneaky these days. And your personality...."   Ariel smiled faintly.
▶Ariel: "Well, I have to thank mother and father for their hard work for teaching this stupid daughter. "
The Baron sneered. He always kept quiet when Ariel underrates herself. However, he didn't put any thought into what Ariel meant. He was just satisfied seeing Ariel lower her head.
▶Baron: "Tell Carlo about what you want. And you better not ruin our family's name at the debutant party."
▶Ariel: "Thank you, father."   Ariel bowed down. When Ariel was about to exit she asked the baron whether he would attend the debutant with her. Since she didn't have an escort.
Usually, at the debutant party, every lady would be escorted by their father, knight, or fiance. It shows how precious their lady is. And since Ariel had neither fiance nor a knight, she asked her father. Ariel just asked her father out of manners. She didn't have any expectations or wanted him to attend. If he did she won't be able to observe her surrounding.
▶Baron: "No, I have a business trip to the neighbouring country. Your mother won't attend too. You can go on your own "
▶Ariel: (What a relief ^°^) " Ariel wishes to father a safe trip. My father comes back safely. "
The Baron nodded with satisfaction. He liked Ariel treating him with all respect and gratitude. He felt so powerful and in control.
****************************************
Ariel was so satisfied and happy with the news that both her parents won't go. Ariel told Carlo about her needs. And told him to prepare a carriage to the nearest town. She wanted to observe and pick her own dress and most important she wanted to check out the town. Ariel has never gone out since she took on this body.
Ariel prepared herself and took a carriage which was prepared by Carlo. Ariel went comfortably because no one had to observe her. Both Carney and Bency went with  Baroness, so she was in a good mood.
Ariel entered the first shop she saw. Everyone was busy as expected and most of the dresses were sold out. She went to the next one and it was the same. Ariel then decided to just roam around the town. It wasn't her intention to buy a new dress anyway. It wasn't that important to Ariel. Ariel didn't want to attract anybody at the ball anyway. However, she had to look presentable. After all, she was going to an imperial party.
The town was so lively, full of laughter and the seller's loud voice. Everyone was happy. Kids were playing, giggling and talking. Though it was so noisy. For Ariel, It was peaceful, fresh and relaxing. It has been a while since she felt this peaceful. It also made her see the difference between those happy commoners and her own home. After seeing the commoner's conditions and how they were smiling and laughing sincerely, she thought of how ugly and dark her house was. The so-called home was like a den lived by monsters who are always ready to swallow her. She really felt sorry and pathetic.
Suddenly, someone bumped into her. Ariel fell down and somehow her dress got torn out and got stained by specks of dirt. A gentleman reached his hand to Ariel to help her stand up.
▶Gentleman: "Please excuse me. I apologize. Oh! your dress!" The gentleman had a deep, gentle and calm voice, he also had a manly handsome face, muscular firm body, and was well dressed.
Ariel took the gentleman's hand and stood up then withdrew her hands quickly. She took a glance at that gentleman then looked at her condition.
▶Ariel: "No, never mind. It was my mistake for being absent-minded." Ariel was walking away when the gentleman tried to stop her.
▶Gentleman: "Please wait! Your dress. Let me compensate for it. There is a nearby shop. Let me buy you a new one."
▶Ariel: "....... By compensating. Do you mean it? "
▶Gentleman: " Yes, of course. I mean what I say."
▶Ariel: "Very well then, but instead of that shop you mentioned how about to go to that shop."
▶Gentleman: "...... That's.... toys shop?"
Ariel smiled faintly and nodded her head. Ariel and the gentleman walked towards the toy shop when suddenly the gentleman stopped Ariel to give her his coat to cover the damages on Ariel's dress. Ariel thanked the Gentleman and they both entered the toy shop.
▶Shop owner: "Welcome! May I help you?!"
▶Ariel: "Thank you, we will look around."
▶Gentleman: "Why the toy shop?!"
▶Ariel: "You said you wanted to compensate me, right?!"
▶Gentleman: "Yes that's true but... this is a toy shop"   Ariel smiled faintly.
▶Ariel: " Yes that's right. I would like to pick some toys for my siblings. " Said Ariel with a bright smile. The gentleman looked at Ariel humming and smiling while trying to pick up some toys for her siblings.
▶Gentleman: "You must love your siblings so much.  "
Ariel smiled faintly and nodded her head.
▶Gentleman: "You must be so loved by your parents."    Ariel paused then turned to another toy shelf and stayed silent for a moment.
▶Ariel: "........Do you think so?!"
▶Gentleman: "Yes. Behind every loving sibling there is a loving parent, am I wrong?!."
▶Ariel: "...... Yes, that's true but it doesn't have to." (Because mine is not....)
Ariel then quickly picked up the toys she wanted and handed them to the shop owner. Ariel picked toys which were cheap but was so good in quality. The gentleman looked at Ariel strangely. He didn't expect that she would pick those cheap toys. Considering how well dressed he was, meant that he was from a well-off family. He was sure that Ariel knows that as well.
▶Gentleman: "... Are you sure you don't want to pick a better one?! " [ he meant the expensive one]
▶Ariel: "Yes I'm sure. Not every expensive thing considered to be good."
▶Shop owner: "Hahaha. Well said my lady and wise choice. Hahahaha."
▶Gentleman: "Very well then."
Ariel smiled at the shop owner and then thanked him. Ariel and the gentleman exited the toy shop. Afterwards, The gentleman escorted Ariel to her carriage. Suddenly, a man appeared with big boxes in front of the carriage.  When he was about to put the boxes in Ariel's carriage. Ariel stopped the man.
▶Ariel: "Wait! That's..."  The Gentleman interrupted Ariel.
▶Gentleman: "Please. Consider it a gift from this man who spoiled your day."
▶Ariel: "I thank you for your sincerity. However, you already paid for the toys and that is just too much. Please take it back."
▶Gentleman: "I apologize. But it's too late to return it. The goods are not allowed to be returned that's the shop regulation." Said with a smile.
▶Ariel: "Then give it to your wife."
▶Gentleman: "I don't have a wife."
▶Ariel: "Your Fiancee"
▶Gentleman: "I don't have a Fiancee."
▶Ariel: "Then to your mother or your female cousin to anyone is fine."
▶Gentleman: "My mother has more than enough and I'm not close to my female cousin. And lastly, you said to anyone is fine... I think this lady is fine so please accept it." Said with a smile.
▶Ariel: "....... I'm really speechless. Then I thank you for your gifts, sire." Ariel bowed a small bow to show her courtesy.
▶Gentleman: "Yes. Please call me Alin"
It was polite to give your name since the other person gave his/her. Especially to the one who is in a higher position than yours. However, Ariel skipped it intentionally. Though she knew he was in a higher position than hers obviously she just didn't want to give it to him considering it wasn't important and she won't meet him again.
▶Ariel: ".... Then this lady thank sire Alin for his generosity." Ariel gave her courtesy then walked towards the carriage's door. When suddenly, Sire, Alin stopped Ariel.
▶Alin: "And your name ?" Ariel smiled faintly.
▶Ariel: "Next time, If we meet again I'll tell you next time." Ariel rode her carriage leaving Sire, Alin in a daze. Alin smiled faintly.
▶Alin: "That's unfair. However, I'll make sure to be able to meet you."