Chapter 40

Ariel has finished all her work, she excused Bency to do whatever she wants and walked towards her room. Suddenly, Mr.Advisor gave Ariel a few envelopes and asked her if she could put them in the crown prince's office because the Emperor asked to see him right away. Ariel nodded her head. Me. Advisor apologized to Ariel and bowed then walk as fast as he could to the Emperor. (P.s It's not allowed to run in the palace if it wasn't bloody urgent so he had to walk quickly.)
Ariel chuckled at how Mr. Advisor was sweating and his facial expression.
Ariel headed towards the crown prince's office. She knocked on the door three times but no one responded. Ariel opened the door. The office was empty. Ariel walked towards the table and put the envelopes there when something caught Ariel's attention, it was Carney's scent. When Ariel searched she found a letter hidden under a book. Ariel took it and read it.
Dear, prince you must be tired.
I understand how hard you work for the empire but your health is the most important.
Once you finish please come look for me. I will help you relieve your stress.
Tell me what do you want to eat. I'll prepare it for you.
Miss you. Your love. C♥
Ariel couldn't find any word which could describe Carney and that fool of a husband. Ariel's face became paler. Ariel took the letter and headed to her room. When she opened the door she found Lidia and Alix. Ariel paused for a second. Then walked in. Lidia noticed Ariel's face has become paler. She rushed to Ariel and noticed a piece of paper.
▶Lidia: "Ariel what's that?!"
Ariel thought of hiding it because Alix was there, but then she changed her mind and thought what's the point in hiding. Ariel gave the letter to Lidia. Lidia's hands trembled and she was about to scream when Ariel covered her mouth.
▶Ariel: "You don't need to calm down. Let's use our head instead."
Lidia nodded her head. Ariel walked past Alix and towards the chair to sit. Lidia poured Ariel her tea. Ariel looked at Alix who was standing still without saying anything. Ariel turned to Lidia.
▶Ariel: "... Now what is happening?!"
▶Lidia: "Oh! Ariel, you don't have to go to the guards quarter, because I have chosen for you the best, the strongest, the ex-general, the God of war, and now the greatest Duke to be your personal guard. You don't have to worry about this time he won't do anything and you won't feel his presence unless you need to."
Ariel looked at Alix, then turned her eyes to the teacup.
▶Ariel:"... What if I don't want to?"
Lidia kept rumbling and mumbling none stop and kept explaining in one breath. Lidia also kept moving back and forth which made Ariel dizzy and tired. Ariel raised her hands.
▶Ariel: "Alright, ok ok can you stop please I feel dizzy now and.." Ariel rushed to the restroom to throw up. Lidia followed Ariel however Ariel told Lidia to stay put. Lidia waited outside as Ariel told her to. However, Ariel didn't come out. Lidia kept calling out Ariel but Ariel didn't answer. Lidia looked at Alix then shouted and called Bency then broke into the restroom. Lidia found Ariel passed out on the floor. Alix came in and carried Ariel to the bed. Bency cleared the restroom, Lidia went to bring the imperial doctor.
The Imperial Dr asked about what happened, and Lidia explained to him.
The Imperial doctor checked on Ariel.
▶Imperial Dr: "Sigh, it's from stress and exhaustion. Her highness should rest and be at ease. She hasn't rested much. I can tell that she is not sleeping well nor eating well. Plus stress. And... Wait let me ask you, Marchio... I mean Lady Lidia has her highness and his highness done that?" The Imperial Dr was about to call Lidia by her title however, he stopped because Bency was there. Lidia turned to Bency and excused her. Lidia turned to the imperial Doctor and shook her head.
▶Imperial Dr: "Then it's because she is overtaking insomnia pills. Let her highness stop the pills for now. And that's it."
▶Lidia: "Th that's it?! You won't give me any pills or something?!"
▶Imperial Dr: "Marchioness Lidia, no matter how many pills her highness will take her highness won't get any better, because the spot where her highness has to heal is her highness heart. I'm not saying her highness has heart disease, but... Marchioness Lidia has watched over her highness I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. "
▶Lidia: "Yes... I know what are you talking about." Said Lidia with a sad voice.
The imperial doctor nodded his head. He bowed to Lidia and Alix then excused himself.
The imperial doctor stepped outside. Alix stopped the Imperial doctor.
▶Alix: " Tell about her highness condition from the beginning till the end. Tell me what happened." The imperial doctor nodded his head and explained to Alix in detail and what he had heard from doctor Zed and the triplets in another empty room.
Alix got surprised and shocked by what he had heard from the imperial doctor. The imperial doctor looked at how Alix's face became serious and a kind of guilt is showing on his face.
▶Imperial Dr: "If there is nothing else may I excuse myself."
Alin's words, Lidia's, Rane's, and even the triplet's words have come to his mind. And all the situations which Ariel was in, Alix got reminded of it. Alix felt guilty for how he treated Ariel.
Alix went back to Ariel's room. When he opened the door he saw Ariel already awake and she is arguing with Lidia. He stepped into the room.
▶Ariel: "Lidia please show me what you are hiding."
Lidia shook her head. Alix walked towards Lidia and took the envelope which Lidia has been hiding behind her back. Lidia and Ariel looked at Alix. Alix looked at the envelop to check the sender. This time Carney's name was written clearly on the envelope and this time she sent it to Ariel. Alix looked at Ariel.
▶Alix: "Do you want to read it?" Asked Alix.
▶Ariel: "Yes, please give it to me."
▶Alix: "... Fine I'll give it to you, but in return, you should take a relaxing bath, drink and eat then I'll give it to you." Ariel couldn't argue with Alix because she knows how stubborn Alix could be.
Alix looked at Lidia to tell her it's alright. Lidia nodded her head told Bency to bring food and helped Ariel to the bathroom.
After Ariel has done with her bath and ate her food, Alix gave her the letter as promised. Ariel looked at Alix strangely. She couldn't understand his change of treatment and attitude towards her. Ariel took the letter from Alix quickly before he changes his mind.
▶Alix: "Don't worry, I won't change my mind." Said in a soft voice and expressionless face.
Ariel opened the envelope.
Come to ×××× place at 2 o'clock there is something I want to give you.
Carney.

And that's it. That's all she had written.