Chapter 20

Prince Kal grinned. He was sure that he was introduced to Ariel as Kal without any title. However, Ariel called him Prince Kal, which means she knew he was a prince at that time but treated him comfortably and she even teased him and Alin. And that made Prince Kal likes Ariel even more. He liked how smart and intelligent she is.
▶PK: "So...you knew that I was a prince, but you treated me comfortably!"
▶Ariel: "I apologize for my rude actions back then. At first, I didn't know that Prince Kal was a prince. However, I heard Duke Alin calling you by your highness, then he changed his attitude. I thought maybe your highness didn't want me to know or feel uncomfortable by your presence, or maybe your highness felt uncomfortable so I acted along." Said while bowing politely. Prince Kal smiled warmly at Ariel.
▶PK: "That's true. I didn't want to make you uncomfortable and the most important..... I didn't want you to treat me politely like this."
Prince Kal reached his hands to Ariel and was about to invite her to dance. However, the Baroness appeared with Carney.
▶Baroness: " How are you doing Crown Prince Kal. I'm Baroness Kaylee. Ariel's mother and this is Carney, my eldest daughter and Ariel's older sister." Carney shyly bowed to Prince Kal and greeted him elegantly. The Baroness started to explain why and how she adopted Carney and how an amazing woman Carney is. Prince Kal was happy to be able to know Ariel's family, he wanted to know everything which relates to Ariel. Therefore, he didn't stop the Baroness. Ariel was sick and tired of the Baroness explanations about Carney. Therefore, she stepped back without interrupting them about her leave.
Ariel walked towards the terrace to take some rest and to get some air. Ariel took a deep breath and sighed. ▶Ariel: " Things didn't go the way I wanted to" and sighed again.
Alix stepped into the terrace to take some fresh air. He looked ahead then saw Ariel there. Alix was about to turn back when Ariel noticed him.
▶Ariel: "Ah! Excuse me, sir?!" Alix turned to Ariel with his cold expression. He didn't want to get involved with Ariel for whatever the reason was or situation.
▶Ariel: "You are that sir who visited my house that day right?!"
▶Alix: ".... If you have nothing to say I'll excuse myself." Alix was about to turn around and leave, but Ariel stopped him.
▶Ariel: "Ah! Please wait! I wanted to apologize. I couldn't tell Mrs. Pax about you. A lot of things happened so I forgot... However, I'll make sure to tell her once I go back, or maybe..." Ariel stopped at Alix's sneering voice and disgusted expression.
▶Alix: "Look, you don't have to act all gentle and kind with me when you at not. It disgusts me," said with a disgusted voice.
▶Ariel: "... Sir, why are you talking to me like that? What have I done to you? I believe that I have never met you or done anything harmful to you!" Ariel said with a displeased voice.
Alix turned around but Ariel stopped him once again.
▶Ariel: "Wait! Tell me what I have done wrong and I'll apologize. Don't treat me like that. I don't like it."
▶Alix: "I believe there is no use in talking to you. Just being you disgust me to death. And don't touch me ever again." Alix shook Ariel's hands off him and walked away.
Ariel was shocked. She couldn't understand Alix's behaviour at all. Ariel turned around back to the terrace and sighed. She looked up to the moon. Then Alin appeared behind her.
▶Alin: "Ariel?! You are here?! Forgive me, princess Falicia wouldn't let me go," said with a sigh.
▶Ariel: "So you ran away from her?! Come on, I don't see anything wrong with Princess Falicia. She is beautiful, cute, and she loves you! "  said with a teasing smile. Alin looked at Ariel silently.
▶Alin: "Ariel... I understand that you don't have any feelings for me, but please don't push me away to another woman like that... It hurts me." Ariel turned to Alin quickly and with an apologetic expression. Ariel was about to apologize when Alin stepped forward and touched Ariel's lips with his index finger to prevent her from saying anything.
▶Alin: "I don't want you to go apologize either. It makes me feel pathetic."
Ariel blushed and nodded her head. Alin smiled then hugged her. Ariel got starlet by Alin's hug. Ariel was going to push him away, however, Alin hugged her tightly.
▶Alin: "Let me stay like this for a while... Just for a little bit." Ariel then couldn't push him away anymore.
Princess Falicia saw that scene and clenched her teeth and dress. She felt jealous, envious, and furious. She felt that it's not fair at all. She was the one who was in Alin's life since they were young. And she was the first one who loved him, and the first one to appreciate him. Princess Falicia didn't get bothered that much when Alin was with other women in the past. Because Alin didn't seem to be serious at all. However, Ariel was different. Princess Falicia could feel and see his heart and eyes and all of his soul is with Ariel alone. She couldn't forgive Ariel. She can't and she will not.
▶PF: "No matter what! Alin is mine and mine alone. No one should dare takes what's mine!!"