Chapter 13

▶Baroness: "Oh please! Duke Alin what are you talking about~ you are welcomed at any time." Said with a happy smile. " Now girls what are you doing here just standing? Carney? Could you please go and call out the kids for me they should give their greetings. Ariel, go prepare the tea for the guests. Please this way Duke Alin, Mrs. Pax."

Mrs. Pax frowned.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Baroness Kaylee Aren't you going to ask what happened just now or what's even going on? Aren't you going to ask for an explanation?! Besides, I think you have given the wrong order to the wrong person."
▶Baroness: "What do you mean Mrs. Pax?! What happened?!" Asked the Baroness anxiously.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Baroness Kaylee, no matter how much you favour Carney lady Ariel is your biological daughter. You should have asked lady Ariel to call out the kids and for Carney to prepare the tea. Forget that you didn't even ask lady Ariel what just happened you didn't ask her for an explanation of why she was in Duke's arms. And the.." Ariel pressed Mrs. Pax's arms and smiled gently as to tell her that it's enough and there is no use because there will be some unreasonable misunderstanding. Mrs.Pax sighed.
▶Mrs. Pax: " Never mind I'm a little bit tired I'll go back to my room. Duke Alin, could you please help Lady Ariel to go back to her room?"
Carney's face looked so not good. Ariel felt like her side was going to burn from Carney's jealousy eyes. Alin looked at Ariel with a gentle smile.
▶Alin: " So this Lady's name is Ariel. It's nice to know your name, Lady Ariel. And Yes, of course, it'll be my pleasure. But before that, we should take care of someone else. For my information now there is only one maid who is working in this house. Am I wrong?" The Baroness looked strangely at Duke Alin and wondered about what's going on.
▶Baroness: "Y... Yes, her name is Bency. e.. Is something wrong?!"
▶Alin: "Could the Butler please call her out? No matter what brings her to me." Said Alin with a creepy smile. Ariel looked at Alin with an amazed expression.
▶Carney: ( This useless Bency ) Carney wanted to go and bring Bency instead so that she could warn her from saying anything stupid. However, Duke Alin stopped her. He wanted for the Butler to do so because it would be easier if Bency thought of running. Carney started to think of how to eliminate Bency. She was sure that Bency would spill everything. After all, Bency knew how to talk only and not to act. In Carney's eyes, Bency was just a cat who would use to chase a mouse and abandon her. Ariel looked at Carney and knew what she was planning.
The Butler came with Bency in his hands and It seems that Bency tried to run away. Everyone was sitting in the living room looking at Bency. Bency looked so terrified.
▶Baroness: "Duke Alin, May I know what's going on?" Said with an anxious smile.
Carney suddenly started to cry.
▶Carney: "Oh~ mother Bency Bency... Ah, I don't know how to tell you this I never expected this from her. Just now before mother shows up she pushed sister Ariel from behind at the stairs." Bency started to sweat cold sweats and more importantly, she was so shocked that Carney whom she has respected and served even when Carney was a maid betrayed her. Carney looked at Bency hostilely as to warn her. Ariel looked at them both then sighed. Alin noticed Ariel.
▶Alin: "Are you alright? Do you want to go back to your room and rest? Don't worry I'll take of everything here." Said with gentle caring eyes. Ariel paused for a moment then shook her head as to say no. Carney noticed and looked at Ariel with hatred.
▶Baroness: "Is that true??! Bency why did you do that?!" Said with a shocked expression.
Mrs. Pax looked towards Baroness Kaylee.
▶Mrs. Pax: (So she can ask for an explanation.)
Mrs. Pax looked towards Ariel to see if she is alright. However, Ariel didn't feel anything or reacted as if she is used to it.
▶Alin: "So would you like to admit to your wrongdoing or shall I help you and do it on my way?" Said with a creepy smile.
Bency was scared to say anything she started to stutter unclear words. Bency didn't know what to do.
▶Carney: "Duke Alin, I think she should be punished severely for trying to murder a noble." Bency was terrified and was trying to talk but couldn't she was about to go insane. Duke Alin agreed. He couldn't let go of someone who was about to injure his admired one.  Ariel saw how satisfied Carney was and how she wanted to get rid of Bency. Ariel couldn't stand Carney's satisfied looks. So she decided to do something. She decided to play the role of a saint and rescue Bency just to step on Carney's nerves. Also, she thought that she could train Bency to be loyal to her or if not she would use her and abandon her somewhere. It was all up to Bency's actions.
▶Ariel: "Duke Alin, I think we should give Bency sometimes to explain herself. I'm sure she was blinded by her anger for a moment and couldn't give it so many thoughts. After all, no one can think rationally at the time of anger. I am sure she's regretting it now, right Bency?" Said with a worried expression. [ of course, it's all an acting 😜]
Carney was shocked so was Bency. Bency didn't expect Ariel to help her after all that she did. She was relieved and confused by Ariel's actions. Ariel smiled gently at Bency. And of course, Bency took the chance since Ariel opened it for her.
▶Bency: "Yes! Yes what Lady Ariel said is true we were just arguing and I was blind for a moment. It wasn't my attention to kill or injury Lady Ariel at all. Please believe me!"
▶Alin: "Lady Ariel... Are you sure of this decision?" Said with a worried face.
Ariel smiled gently and nodded.
▶Carney: "If that's what Sister Ariel wants then I'll support you."
Alin sighed. He didn't want to finish things like that. He wanted to punish Bency so he tried to persuade Ariel. However, Ariel declined. Mrs. Pax looked at Ariel for a while. She tried to figure out what she was thinking and what she was planning to do by rescuing Bency. Mrs. Pax finally understood. Mrs. Pax let out a little grin as she was thinking of Ariel's plan. Mrs.pax then touched Alin's hand to stop him and not to argue any further. Alin couldn't help but sigh and agree at the end.
▶Mrs.Pax: "Alright now since the problem is solved let's all go back to our rooms and rest. Bency, Please help Lady Ariel to go back to her room as you know she twisted her ankle. So you should take responsibility."
▶Bency: "Yes yes of course I will I will."
▶Alin: "Wait a minute wasn't I supposed to escort her back?! Besides, I need to talk to Lady Ariel."
▶Mrs. Pax: "Yes yes you will but after Bency get out of the room you can talk as much as you can, right lady Ariel?" Ariel didn't know how she should react to this situation. To talk to her in her room? And as much as he wants? Ariel wasn't sure about that. However, she just nodded while smiling awkwardly.