Chapter 29

Ariel thought at first that princess Falicia won't dare to do something extreme like that if she didn't have a backup. And if she did do that all alone, At least she would have come with her maid and waited for Alin. However, Princess Falicia came with 5 well build up body men. Why would Princess Falicia bring 5 men with her? When she was planning to do something like that to Alin. Did she know that Ariel would be coming?! That would have been impossible. They just met once and their conversation and eye contact didn't last 5 minutes. So Ariel asked Mer a few questions, and it seems that the 1st Prince and Princess Falicia timing were suspicious.
▶Mer: "Lady Ariel, don't tell me that all was of the 1st Prince plans?!"
▶Ariel: "I'm not sure, since I have never met him. For now, let's be careful." Mer nodded in agreement.
Afterward, Meg came into the room after she has done preparing. Ariel rode the carriage with Meg and Mer. And stopped in a crowded market to be able to lose the spy and take another carriage to the late Duke Alin residence.
Ariel, Meg and Mer arrived at the residence.
As soon as Ariel took off from the carriage she remembered her times with Alin in the residence. Mee welcomed them in.
Mee prepared for Ariel a warm tea with lemon and a chamomile tea. Ariel asked for Mee to contact the temporary secretive in charge person as soon as possible, and for Mer to collect all the information about Alin's staff, then for Meg to prevent anybody from this residence to go out or contact anyone from the outside, especially, that suspicious butler. The triplets were concerned about Ariel's health since it hasn't been that long since she woke up. However, Ariel insisted and she was determined. She wanted to finish and investigate these things as soon as possible before that person runs away, or lose any evidence. And since she doesn't have any connections or power she needs to collaborate with the Bisi family.
Ariel sat in the room which Mee prepared for her, and sat to read every little detail about the residence's staff. Ariel hasn't blinked an eye, she was so focused on what she was reading in her hand. Ariel studied and gathered every little detail about what every person did in the residence and their usual routines.
Ariel slept only for 1 hour for 2 days. Even if Ariel slept she couldn't close her eyes. Every time she closes her eyes, Alin comes into the picture.
After she finished every document and profile of each staff, Ariel sighed, then drank her tea, she took a deep breath. Ariel stood up and started to walk around the room, then suddenly, Ariel felt like seeing Alin's office so she headed to Alin's office. Once she opened the door Alin's scent was still lingering around. Ariel's heart sunk, tears started to fell on her cheeks.
Ariel clenched her chest in pain. After some time Ariel wiped her tears and adjusted herself. And took a long deep breath. Ariel got out of the office.
Mee came to Ariel to inform her about the Temporary in charge person.
▶Mee: "Lady Ariel, as you said, I explained everything to them and just now I got a reply. He said that it is impossible to meet, however, whatever lady Ariel wants they will collaborate and agree to it."
Ariel felt a little bit troubled because she needed someone who could control them properly. Ariel thought for a while. What could make her look that she has the Bisi family support...
▶Ariel: "In that case... please let them send 2 personal guards" Mer nodded and quickly took action.
Ariel needed personal guards to show the staff in the residence that she is in control here and that she has their support. It's true that the staff here were indeed, cooperative and they liked Ariel but some of them didn't take her seriously. Therefore, Ariel wanted to show that she is not joking with anybody and that she is serious.
The next day the personal guards that she asked for came. Ariel asked for 2 personal guards. However, the Bisi family sent 3, which means they are sincere in cooperating. But what Ariel doesn't know is that one of the personal guards is the secretive temporary in charge of the Bisi family.
He is Alix's best friend and Alix's cousin's husband, Marquis Rane. He is a talented and strong swordsman. He always trained with Alix since they were young. He came in personally because he was curious about the girl which Alix hate so much and so was his wife (Alix's cousin) They were curious about Ariel so much. And whether what Alix said is true or not. And they wanted to see Ariel how she will deal with the situation. Luckily no one from the staff in the residence knew about Marquis Rane or saw him. Because he just got married last year. And he held his marriage with his and his bride's family only. And he never came to this residence before.

Marquise Rane analyzed Ariel, first of all, he was amazed at how beautiful she was and noticed how tired she looked but she was trying to hide it from the triplets and everyone, and she didn't seem to be the kind of girl which Alix mentioned in his letters.
Ariel thanked them for coming so fast and made Mer serve them cold tea and cold towels.
And she asked them whether they had lunch, then made the triplets serve them some food to regain their energy.
After they finished eating, they stood up and automatically stood behind Ariel. Marquis Rane stood on Ariel's right side.
▶Ariel: "... The sir on my right side, may I know your name?" Ariel asked without looking at Marquis Rane. Marquis Rane starlet for a moment.
▶MR: "My name is Rane, my lady." Bowed to Ariel. Ariel nodded her head and still didn't spare him a glance.
▶Ariel: "Are you a noble?" Asked in a friendly voice and without looking at him.
Ariel noticed Marquis Rane's mannerisms from the first time he came in. Ariel felt his aura and something about the atmosphere around him and his body heat and temperature and scent were different from the other 2 guards.
Ariel was sensitive to Auras, the atmosphere, body temperature, and body scents. Ariel could recognize a person from these features, she recognized that Marquis Rane was noble.
Marquis Rane didn't expect that question at all, so he was anxious and didn't know what to answer. Ariel took a glance at him.
▶Ariel: "It's alright, you don't have to answer. I understand."
From Marquis Rane's reaction, Ariel understood that he wasn't just any normal personal guard. And the most important that he might be the one she wanted to be in contact with. However, it was just a guess. Ariel wasn't sure.
Ariel didn't want him to answer because she wanted to see his reaction and actually, Ariel didn't care much if it was true or not. Because she wasn't doing anything wrong. And because it's not important right now. The only thing that she would benefit from is that orders and things will go smoother and easier for her.