Chapter 9

The next morning, Ariel woke up at the noises. She quickly washed up and changed her attire and went downstairs to see what's going on.
In front of the door, Carlo and Bency were moving some boxes and bags, and there was a middle-aged woman. Her facial expression was cold and firm. She looked fierce and scary. Ariel turned to her siblings. The poor kids were scared and about to cry. The Baroness came down the stairs with a smile welcoming the middle-aged women.
▶Baroness: "Oh! Mrs.Pax! Welcome Welcome please make yourself at home." "Kids~ let me introduce you to the famous tutor Mrs. Pax. She teaches all kinds of subjects including manners. She is respected by a lot of nobles. From now on she will be your new tutor. So please give her a warm welcome and listen to what she says from now on."
▶Anthony: "Mrs. Pax? She doesn't look Pax at all." [ Pax means: peaceful ] Ariel and Harry tried to hold their laughter. However, Harry slipped and laughed. Ariel turned her head towards Arthur to adjust her facial expression and calm down. The Baroness was furious and embarrassed about how Harry couldn't control himself.
▶Baroness: "Harry!! Apologize to Mrs. Pax, right now! Mrs.Pax, Please, don't put kid's actions to heart it's just kids talking. As you can see how they are. The small ones can't be taken seriously after all they are kids and need your guidance. While the older one is out of control, So please do whatever and guide them well. If you have to blame someone please blame me for being an incapable mother."
▶Mrs.Pax: "Oh! Please, what are you talking about Baroness Kaylee! I'm sure you did your best. However, the kids these days are just so hard to handle." ▶Baroness: "Oh! Thank you Mrs. Pax for your understanding! I'm so happy and honoured to have you as my kid's tutor."
▶Mrs.Pax: "Oh! Hohoho, please, Baroness Kaylee you are embarrassing me."
▶Ariel: (What a drama... But somehow ..... I have a bad feeling about this.)
▶Baroness: "Oh! By the way Mrs. Pax! I have another request. Of course, If Mrs. Pax doesn't mind~"
▶Mrs.Pax: "Oh! Please don't hesitate Baroness Kaylee!"  ▶Baroness: "Actually I have adopted a girl, so I would like for you to teach her as well. I reassure you, you won't get tired. She is a smart girl! Hoho."
Everyone seems to know about that except the kids and Ariel. Ariel froze in her place. Carney is usually snooty towards Ariel because she has the baroness support and she was older than Ariel. Now that the Baroness adopted her, things will get troublesome. Carney walked past Ariel and slightly bumped into her on purpose.
▶Carney: "Hello~ Mrs. Pax I'm now Carney Miller Alexon I'm looking forwards to your teaching. I'll work hard so I won't disappoint anyone. " Carney then smirked at Ariel and fixed her expression right away, smiling brightly at Mrs.Pax.
Mrs.Pax took a good look at Carney.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Hohoho. You really are a smart girl I'm so impressed. I'm sure Baroness Kaylee is so proud now to have such a good daughter."
▶Baroness: "Hohoho. Yes yes, I am. Oh! Look at my manners please come and take a rest and introduce everyone probably."
The Baroness led Mrs. Pax to the guest's reception room. Bency came into the room and handed the tea to Carney. Carney received the tea from her and put it in front of the table where Mrs. Pax was sitting. She poured tea to Mrs. Pax and the Baroness.
▶Baroness: "Now how about we introduce the kids in order~"
Said with a satisfied smile.
Carney stepped in and gave a bow to Mrs. Pax.
▶Carney: "I know I have introduced myself just now. But I would like to have the honour to introduce myself again. I'm Carney Miller Alexon. I'm 23 this year and I'm the eldest daughter."
said with a satisfying bright smile. The Baroness nodded her head with satisfaction.
When Ariel heard Carney introduce herself as the eldest daughter, and saw the satisfied smile of the baroness, her heart sank and she couldn't help but to feel stabbed from behind but at the same time she gave up on her parents. She gave up the eagerness to be acknowledged by her parents, to be praised, to be hugged warmly and to be treated affectionately. Ariel closed her eyes and swallowed all her hopes for her parents.
▶Ariel: "I'm... I'm the second daughter. Ariel ... Miller... Alexon. I'm 22 this year. I Hope Mrs.Pax has a pleasant stay here with us. I'm looking forward to Mrs.Pax's guidance."
The Baroness stayed silent and didn't even look to Ariel's way. When the Baroness was about to call for Harry to introduce himself.
▶Mrs.Pax: "Lady Ariel is originally the eldest daughter, right?! I'm looking forward Lady Ariel!"  Ariel looked at Mrs.Pax who was smiling faintly at her surprisingly. Ariel at that time felt like crying, she felt that someone was beside her. Ariel smiled back at Mrs.Pax. While Carney was clinching her dress furiously trying to control her facial expression. The Baroness froze for a moment but then adjusted herself.
▶Baroness: "Aahh..... Ahohoho. It seems that Mrs.Pax has some background. Hohoho I'm so honoured. Now Harry please introduce yourself."
▶Harry: "Then I guess I'm the 3rd Son among the siblings and the eldest son of this house. I'm Harry Miller Alexon. I'm 20 this year. Nice to meet you."
▶Mrs.Pax: "Yes, it seems like I have to work a lot on you boy!" Said while looking strictly at Harry. Harry swallowed in nervousness and smiled awkwardly.
▶Arthur: "Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm the first twin, I'm Arthur Miller Alexon. And I'm 4 years. Please look after me~"
▶Anthony: "Hello~ I'm the second twin, Anthony Miller Alexon. And I'm 4 too! Oh! Let me introduce you to our baby sister she can't talk because she is a baby she is Adia I don't know how old is she so you can ask Mama."
▶The Baroness: "Hohoho. Adia is 1 year and a half this year. Oh my! This kid is a little bit talkative while the other twin is quiet. Though they are twins they are different. "
▶Mrs.Pax: "Hoho. Yes, of course. Every person has their own charm. I'm sure they will grow up remarkably. Baroness Kaylee is so pleased with good kids."
The Baroness smiled and thanked Mrs.Pax for her compliment. The Baroness asked Carney to lead Mrs.Pax to her room. However, Mrs. Pax requested Ariel to do that.
▶Ariel: "I'm pleased to do that. Please follow me this way and be careful of your steps. Please, ask Ariel regarding anything Mrs. Pax want to know." Ariel and Mrs. Pax left the room while leaving the Baroness dumbfounded. The Baroness thought that Mrs.Pax would love Carney for sure. After all, in Baroness's eyes, Carney was smart,  polite and had the charm to make everybody pleased and happy with her reply and attitude. However, in Mrs. Pax's eyes, Carney is a greedy girl who doesn't know her limit. Though Mrs. Pax had a cold expression, she never allowed any injustice. She hated greed. She is wise and a good listener. She had a great ability to judge others. After all, she had taught many nobles and saw lots of tricks and faces in her life.