Chapter 16

[ City, Duke Alin's residence ]
▶Butler: "Welcome back, Duke Alin"
Alin nodded, took off his sweater and handed it to the butler. Alin went to his room and laid down on his bed. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes picturing every little detail of Ariel's facial expression and gestures.
▶Alin: "sigh, I think I'm going crazy..." Suddenly, knock×3... Alin ignored and moved his body to the opposite side of the door [ his back facing the door] knock ×3 ...... knock ×4........knock ×10..... A guy opened the door.
▶👤: "What's wrong with you Alin? You have been acting strange lately!"
▶Alin: "Brother Alix, please leave me alone, I need to rest".
Alix Erv Bisi, Alin Erve Bisi's older brother from another mother, and the 1st successor of Duk Erv. However, he stepped down and let Alin take his place. He didn't want to get into the heir fights with his loved brother. Alix's mother hated Alin so much therefore when she knew that Alix stepped down she couldn't accept it. She argued a lot with Alix, but Alix ignored her and never responded to her. She couldn't take it, she preferred to live on top and be in control, she loved to be 1st in everything. Therefore, when Alix couldn't be the successor, she committed suicide, and he never felt anything about his mother's death. She was a very greedy woman, selfish and self-centred. She never took care of Alix and never held him. Alix always thought that Alin is the most suitable successor. Alin knew how to love, he knew how to be friendly, knew how to take care of someone and knew how to empathize with people. Unlike himself who was cold, strategic, reserved, believes what he sees, and knew only logic. However, that doesn't mean that he couldn't take care of the dukedom, he could but he didn't have the confidence, he thought that Alin could take care of it better than him. After all, he is the strongest young general of the empire who is respected by many.
▶Alix: "Sigh, Mrs. Pax came back and started working in some town, did you know that? "
Alin didn't say anything.
▶Alix: "I guess you knew and went running to her already. I guess you are the one who had an appointment with her."
▶Alin: "!!! How did you know?!"
Alix was going to answer when he noticed some cover painting.
▶Alix: "What's that?!" Alix took off the cover. It was a painting of Ariel. The girl who he saw back then slapping her sister.
Alix looked at Alin. Alin smiled awkwardly.
▶Alix: "Why her?? You could have picked anyone better than her. I don't think the empire is lacking in women!" Said with an angry tone
▶Alin: "What's wrong with you, brother? And what's wrong in choosing her?!" Said Alin strangely.
▶Alix: "She is a cruel woman, I saw her slap her sister."
▶Alin: "Ariel slapped Carney?! Really?! Wow~ I  wish if I had seen that! "
▶Alix: "I think that witch blinded you completely."
▶Alin: "I think you have misunderstood Ariel, I think she had a reason. And at least she slapped and didn't take the head of someone~"
Alix tried to explain to Alin why he does that, however, Alin knew so he didn't listen to Alix. And just kept making fun of him.
〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇
[ Crown Prince's castle ]
Crown Prince, known to be a caring prince, enthusiastic, idealistic, organized, diplomatic, skilled in communication, who values connection with others. He is the most favourite prince of the empire and the perfect next Emperor.
▶👤: "Prince Kal, it's time for you to choose a crown princess! " one of the ministers said.
▶👤: "That's right we've waited for so long because of the other prince's spies. Now that we have taken care of it, it's all over now."
Though the ministers were saying that, they all were eager for the prince to chose their daughters. They all have dazzled their daughters from head to toe for the upcoming debutante party.
▶Prince Kal: "Yes, I'm excited and I'm looking forward to it."
❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰❇〰
[ Baron Miller Alexon mansion]
The Mansion has been in a chaotic state for a while. Because of Carney's lessons and picking dresses and pieces of jewelry. The Baroness has been working hard to pick up some party dresses and outing dresses for Carney and that because she didn't have anything which suits a noble. The Baroness wasn't that busy when Ariel was mentioned to be attending the debutant. Carney was happy every day because she had to try many dresses and jewels.
She even would overdress to show it off to Ariel. However, Ariel never cared or paid attention to it.
At the dinner table, everyone was present including Mrs. Pax. At the head of the table sat the Baron, to his right side the Baroness, in front of the Baroness sat Carney. Carney sat in Ariel's seat and nobody said anything. The Baron and the Baroness didn't mind at all and because of that, she was all happy and high. Mrs. Pax was about to say something about it. However, Ariel stopped her. Ariel didn't mind it. It was just a seat and she didn't want to be in front of the Baroness. Suddenly, Carney looked at Ariel with a smirk.
▶ Carney: "Mother, these days Carney is so happy. Carney thank father and mother for their generosity. Carney really doesn't know what to say. You even bought an extraordinary dress for someone like me. However, Carney thinks that it's unfair for sister Ariel. Carney thinks that we should buy an extraordinary dress for her too!"
Both the Baron and the Baroness were touched by Carney's thoughtful idea.
▶Baroness: "Ariel, see! How Carney thinks of you she always sadly mentions you whenever she tries a dress. I told you that she is a nice girl. So treat her well and respect her. Though Carney used to be a maid and a commoner, she is equal to us as a human and above that she cares about this family so much."
▶Ariel: (Yes, I doubt she was all happy inside when she mentioned me.) "I thank sister for her well- intentions..." At these words, Carney was so happy that Ariel has to mention her politely and place her above herself. However, Ariel hasn't finished her sentence yet.
▶Ariel: "However, sister Carney, I prefer to have an extraordinary brain than just a dress which can be designed and bought anytime."
At these words, Carney grasped her knife so intensely. She imagined stabbing Ariel over and over again. Ariel took a glance at Carney then turned to Mrs. Pax.
▶Ariel: "Am I right, Mrs. Pax?!" Said with a bright smile.
Mrs. Pax smiled back at Ariel and agreed.