Chapter 27

Carney went with Mrs. Pax and Arthur to see Ariel, not because she was worried, but to see her depressing expression and act like an angel for the crown prince and comfort him.
Carney, Mrs.Pax and Arthur arrived at the palace, heading to Ariel's room. Mrs. Pax knocked on the door. Meg opened the door and let Mrs. Pax and Arthur into the room, but when Carney wanted to come in Mer blocked Carney's way.
▶Mer: "If you don't want to get embarrassed, please go back." Said with a cold tone and a cold glare. Carney stepped back and turned away from the room. Carney searched for prince Kal and at last, she found him in the garden. Carney walked towards the crown prince.
▶Carney: "Your highness?" Said with a gentle voice. Prince Kal turned towards Carney.
▶PK: "Lady Carney?! You Came to see Lady Ariel?"
▶Carney: "Yes, your highness. However, ... I couldn't stay for long... My dear sister's condition is just so sad. I couldn't handle it," said with a sad expression, her head is looking down, and with a worrying shaking voice. Carney looked towards The Crown Prince.
▶Carney: "Your highness. We should stay strong for my dear sister. Your highness should be strong too and don't lose hope. Don't worry Carney will support the Crown Prince. " Said with a sad and awkward smile.
Prince Kal smiled awkwardly then nodded his head and thanked Carney.

Once Mrs.Pax and Arthur entered the room they saw Ariel's pale face. She looked lifeless and soulless. She was looking at the window aimlessly.
▶Meg: "Lady Ariel hasn't eaten anything. She won't talk and she won't eat." Said worriedly.
Mrs. Pax and Arthur walked towards Ariel.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Lady Ariel, Arthur is here. Arthur, it's been a while why don't you greet your sister." Arthur stepped closer and touched Ariel's hand and cheeks. Ariel turned to Arthur because she remembered Alin doing the same thing.
▶Arthur: "Sister? How are you feeling?! I missed you so much!" Said Arthur with a bright smile and excited voice.
▶Arthur: "Oh! You must still feel tired right?! Sister do you know?! You have slept for a very long time. Every time I visit my sister you would be sleeping. So Arthur was sad because I couldn't speak to my sister!" Arthur then hugged Ariel tightly.
Ariel froze for a moment at Arthur's actions. Arthur's hug, Arthur's touch were so similar to Alin and that made her realize Alin is not here anymore. Alin is not with her anymore. She hugged Arthur tightly and burst into tears.
Mrs. Pax stepped closer to Ariel and caressed her hair.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Cry, cry as much as you want now. Take it all out. And when you finish, stand up again confidently. I'm sure that Alin wouldn't have liked to see you like this. I'm sure he would've liked for you to live happily and stand confidently. Forgive yourself, my dear. If you can't then forgive yourself for Alin's sake I'm sure he would have said that." Said with a gentle voice. Meg and Mer started to tear up at the heartbreaking scene.
☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘
After Mrs.Pax and Arthur went back while dragging Carney with them. Ariel washed up and changed her clothes. Meg prepared food for Ariel to eat, while Mer was fixing Ariel's hair.
Meg and Mer were happy that Ariel has gotten better. Ariel didn't forgive herself, she couldn't and she will not. However, she wanted to move on because she didn't want her enemies to celebrate victory and be all happy. Ariel ate silently then suddenly stopped. She felt that something is wrong and something is suspicious. She turned towards Meg.
▶Ariel: "Meg, did you say that a butler informed Alin about the letter?"
▶Meg: "Yes". ▶Ariel: "Was he on duty to collect the letter?"
▶Meg: "No, usually there is one butler who is assigned to take care of the duke's office, papers and letters. However, he was nowhere to be seen for quite a few days. So another butler replaced him. And he said that he was one of the original butler relatives and that the original butler had some emergency family issues."
▶Ariel: "Isn't supposed for any worker in the residence to report before leaving?"
▶Mer: "That's true. But the newbie said that it was a real emergency issue so maybe the original Butler forgot in a hurry."
Ariel thought that it's impossible. No matter how urgent the matter is, the workers there are professional so they will report no matter how urgent and in hurry they are.
From what she heard from the triplets when she was there back in Alin's residence that everyone has been through strict training and that the Bisi family were very strict on them about the rules. If that is true, then they will stick to the rules habitually.
Ariel thought, If someday one of them lost their memories, and get to the point they can't remember, their body would remember what to do in situations.
▶Ariel: "I heard from Alin that he had an older brother. Is he in charge of the family now?"
▶Meg: "No, right now he is in the front line dealing with the enemies. After he comes back he will be in charge of the family."
▶Ariel: "I see, so now the seat is vacant."
▶Mer: "It seems like that from the outside, however, there is someone from the Bisi family who is looking after the things secretly."
▶Ariel: "I see... Meg, please prepare dinner for two. I want to eat with his highness and thank him properly. Mer, send a letter to Mee that I'm coming to the residence to check up on something. Send it secretly and be careful of your surroundings when you send it. Also, tell Mee not to tell anyone about my visit. "
Meg and Mer didn't argue with Ariel or asked her anything. They trusted her so much and they were happy that Ariel has regained her energy. Meg and Mer nodded their head and started their action.