Chapter 47

Alix took care of the mess that Prince Val has left. He found the involved people in the trafficking including the ministers. Alix also could arrest the man in black who was actually a spy from another country. Alix didn't stop there, Alix found their death was so simple, so he spread Prince Val's vicious doing to the world, which made the Emperor and Empress very angry, and that because if one of the royal family committed a crime they are not allowed to perform a funeral and their last name would be removed which means they won't be buried with a royal family name and honor and they would be just commoners.
Since things, have been solved Alix had to return to his position as a duke. Lidia continued being Ariel's Maid of honor because she enjoyed being beside Ariel. The Crown Prince Kal has been busy dealing and recruiting new ministers and looking over the reports that Alix has sent. Crown Prince Kal looked at the mess that Prince Val has left. He did not believe that his brother was about to rebel and blame him for all the mess and illegal work that he had created. At the end of the report. Alix confirmed and told Prince Kal that it was all Ariel's idea. Alice has given Ariel credibility for the whole thing. If it wasn't for Ariel, things wouldn't have changed and just went smoothly for Prince Val.
Prince Kal felt guilty and wanted to be good again to Ariel. He felt guilty and ashamed for not being able to keep his promise. Kal went back to Ariel and apologized he promised that he will not contact Carney ever again and that he will ignore her. Ariel looked at Kal. Ariel wasn't angry at Kal anymore, but she couldn't forgive him yet. She couldn't trust Kal anymore, however, she thought of giving him another last chance. After all for the royal family to have a divorce case are a big deal and a loss of reputation specifically and especially for the women. Therefore, Ariel agreed and give him another chance to change but she still won't agree to sleep with him yet and this time that will depend on her and she will be the one who decides.
Kal agreed right away, Kal only wanted to be like how he used to be with Ariel.
Ariel thought if she divorced Kal now or had any problem it would be what Carney had wished for. Ariel did not want Carney to get that chance.
Ariel's family has returned to the empire and has come to the city. They arrived at Carney's mansion. Carney welcomed them happily.
▶Carney: "Mom! Dad! Welcome home!"
The Baron and the Baroness were amazed by the huge mansion and the luxurious Interior.
▶Baron: "Carney, how did you get this mansion?!"
Carney touched her cheeks and blushed.
The Baroness looked at Carney.
▶Baroness: "Honey, look how Carney is embarrassed right now. Let's give her some time. Let's go and have something to eat! Right, My dear Carney!" Winked the baroness. Carney blushed and smiled. Carney led the family to the dining room.
The servant and butlers served lots of foods, which only royals would eat. The baron and baroness were so surprised and astonished, all of them sat happily excited to eat.
▶Baron: "Did you get to meet Ariel?! "
Carney looked down with a sad expression.
The Baron got angry.
▶Baron: "That useless child!!"
▶Carney: "Please don't blame the crown princess, dad! She must be busy! I understand I don't blame her."
The Baron sneered.
▶Baron: "Crown Princess you say?!! She doesn't deserve that title! Now that she became a crown princess she can't spare time for her family?!!"
▶Baroness: "So, who is the generous gentleman who helped you manage to get all that?!!!"
▶Carney: "E... It's the Crown Prince." Carney said shyly.
The Baron and Baroness dropped their forks and knives. The baroness looked excited.
▶Baroness: "Is that true?!!! That means he is serious with you Carney!! Dear!! Let's go to the palace and greet the royal family tomorrow!!" The Baron nodded his head in agreement.
▶Baron: "We should show our appreciation for his highness generosity and mercy on us and Carney."
The next day early in the morning, Lidia rushed to Ariel to inform her of the news about Ariel's family arrival and that they are now in the palace greeting the Emperor and Empress. Lidia was surprised by Kal's presence in the room. Lidia checked on Ariel and analyzed the mood. Then she came near Ariel with a worried nervous facial expression. She wondered if something happened between them. Lidia didn't want anything to happen between Ariel and Kal because she just couldn't stand Kal at all. Ariel smiled faintly hinted to know what Lidia is thinking about. Ariel shook her head to signal her that nothing has happened between them. Lidia felt relieved and smiled. Kal walked near Ariel and asked her if she could do his cravat like she always used to do every morning. Ariel didn't like it, she couldn't set her feelings as nothing happened and forget Carney's facial expression when she handed her Kal's cravat and wedding ring. She hated everything which related to Carney, she felt like throwing everything. Yet she did it for Kal with an expressionless face. Kal smiled and kissed Ariel's forehead.
▶Kal: "See you later my love." Said and went outside afterward. Lidia quickly told Ariel that her parents have come and that they are now with their majesties. Ariel thought that there might be something for them to come this early in the morning. Not after Lidia told Ariel, Empress's personal maid came to inform Ariel that their Majesties asks for Ariel and Kal's presents. They said that they are going to have breakfast together with Ariel's family.
Ariel dressed up and went to the dining room.
When the dining-room door was opened Ariel saw Carney there sitting right in front of Kal all smiley. Ariel greeted the Emperor and Empress then turned to her parents to greet them, however, they did not even look at her or say anything. Ariel did not care either. She walked towards the seat next to Karl which she is supposed to sit.
Kal turned to Ariel, caressed her hand, and kissed it. Carney clenched her teeth and dress while glaring at Ariel. When Ariel found Carney's angry expression, she grinned.
When the Emperor allowed eating they started eating. The empress noticed Carney and Ariel's bad relationship. She smirked and thought it was interesting.
▶Empress: "I heard from the Baron and Baroness that our prince Kal has given Lady Carney a mansion. I'm surprised Kal! You have never done that before! Could it be that you are interested in Lady Carney?!!" Said while looking at Ariel.
Kal looked troubled. When he was about to say something the empress interrupted him.
▶Empress: "Well then! how about you take Lady Carney as your concubine?! That would be a good idea wouldn't it Princess Ariel?! You will have your sister beside you! Aren't you happy?! Baroness Kaylee! What do you think!? "
▶Baroness: "That's a good idea, your majesty." Said happily. Carney blushed and looked at Kal the turned to Ariel and smirked.
▶Ariel: "I don't think that's a good idea, your majesty. It hasn't been long since we have gotten married. What people would say about the crown prince taking another concubine in after not long of getting married? I'm afraid that people would accuse the crown prince of being unfaithful and distrust him. "
▶PK: "Yes, I do agree with Ariel!"
▶Empress: "Kal, you have every right to take a concubine at any time you want! If princess Ariel is worried about the rumors, please don't worry we can take care of it! We could say that you are infertile! Isn't that a good idea, Baroness Kaylee?! We can do anything to make the sisters stay together after all family is important! "
▶Baroness: "Yes! I do agree with your majesty!"