FIRST CASE (OS)

"Hello sir. How can I help you" Gauri asked in her serene tone. Perks of working under your strict bestie.

She badly wanted to open a clinic on her own but as her bestie, aka, Shivaay says 'psychology is a complex subject which appears to be simple'. So she decided to wait.

Attending calls, noting down their problems and handing them to Shivaay was her routine.

"Hello sir, are you there?" She asked. She was about to cut the call when a deep baritone spoke from the other side.

"I have an overwhelming urge to die". She was spellbound for a few seconds. He was speaking so calmly as if it was a normal thing. And that scared her. 'When a person speaks calmly on death, it means they are loving it' she had read somewhere.

"Why?" It came as a mere whisper from her. "I don't know" he replied. "I don't want to live but I don't want to die" he said. She wasn't noting down anything. She was not handing over this case to Shivaay!

"Sir, if you are comfortable.. Share it" Gauri knew that something was terribly wrong in his life. She heard a long sigh from the other side.

"Please don't call me sir. Call me Omkara. I just don't know what to do. My father is going to divorce my mom and if that happens.. My mom will give up her life" Omkara bit his lips to prevent a sob.

Gauri was feeling bad for this man. She was sure that he loved his mom more than anything. "Omkara" she called softly.

"Think about it. Your mom loves your father so much. But it seems like your father is taking her love for granted. Omkara, at this point your mom needs her son. If you leave her in this mess, do you think that the problems will be solved?" She asked softly.

He finally let the tears out. He felt like a big stone has been lifted from his heart. How could he be so stupid. His mom needs him. And he was determined to fight for her.

"Thank you doctor" he managed to say. "Omkara, life is not easy. But if you face your problems instead of running away.. You'll find it easy" Gauri said. "

And.. Call me Gauri. Plus I'm not the doctor" she said. Omkara smiled. Something he was alien to since ages. "Thank you Gauri" and their conversation ended.

"Gauri" her sweet nap was broken by Shivaay's voice. "Yes Shivaay?" She asked rubbing her eyes. "Anika just called me" he sounded happy. "Di called?What happened? Is everything fine?" Gauri was well aware of the problems in Oberoi family.

Being Anika's sister, she frequently paid a visit there. "Something great happened Gauri. Om came out of his room after months. Anika said that he even talked with Rudy, Badi ma and herself" Shivaay said with happy tears.

Gauri smiled at him. She knew about 'Om' from Shivaay. Jhanvi aunty's elder son who stayed in his room most of the time because of Tej uncle and Jhanvi aunty's problems.

She always wanted to see him but never got an opportunity. Yet she was happy for him. "You are coming with me to Oberoi mansion. Anika will be happy. Aur tum Om se bhi mil paaogi" Shivaay said packing his equipments.

She nodded and started packing her things. "I wonder what changed Om. Even my therapy didn't help" Shivaay spoke to himself. Gauri sat with him in the car looking outside. Only if she knew who she was going to meet! Fate always have amazing plans.

Thank you for reading.

Stay happy.