Chapter 19: The Final Task

The mix of the band music and cheering echoed through the hallway

The mix of the band music and cheering echoed through the hallway. Amora, who was now Cedric, paced nervously, gripping his wand. How had she landed herself in this situation? She had to stop Harry from getting to the Cup, but she had no ideas on how to do it.

"Cedric, my boy!" a voice shouted from the end of the hallway. Amora barely had time to respond before Amos' arm wrapped around her shoulders and began walking her to the entrance.

"Now, I know that you entered to get your girlfriend back, but," Amos started.

"Wait, he what?" Amora asked. Amos looked at her, confused.

"Cedric are you feeling alright?" Amos asked, looking at his son carefully.

"I'm fine Dad, don't worry about it," Amora mumbled.

"Well, as I was saying, now that you made it to the Final Task you might as well try to win it!" Amos clapped Amora hard on the back as they entered the stadium. They were greeted by a lot of cheering and Amora ducked her head shyly. She looked up at the stands only once to see her friends, and she was glad to see them all supporting Cedric. She then had to look away, guilty with knowing that she should be there too. The only thing that kept her walking to where the Champions were was the knowledge that she was doing this for not just Cedric, but for everyone she loved. She wasn't going to let anyone else get hurt because of her, not anymore.

"Alright Champions, gather round," Dumbledore spoke. Amora glanced behind her as Amos eagerly pushed her into the circle before raising her arm, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers. She yanked her arm back down, desperately not trying to attract any attention, but Amos just shot her a confused look.

"Now, since Mister Diggory and Mister Potter are currently tied for first place, they will be the first to enter the maze. Then followed by Mister Krum who will be followed by Miss Delacour. Any questions?" Dumbledore explained in a very calm manner.

Before any of them even got a chance to ask a question, a loud cannon went off, signaling the beginning of the Final Task. As Dumbledore sent an annoyed look to Filch, Amos ushered Amora over to the entrance of the maze. Or at least what she assumed was the entrance, but she couldn't tell due to the fact that she was facing a big wall full of vines and plants. She looked over to Harry who was just as confused, but her eyes widened when she saw the vines separated and form an entrance for her. She turned around to take one last look, and her eyes locked with Moody's. He nodded his head to the right and the last thing Amora saw was Amos giving her a wave goodbye.

She focused her attention to the maze, hell bent on keeping her and Harry safe. Where was the Dark Lord even supposed to be? As long as she made it to the Cup first, the Final Task would be over and everything would be okay. Sure enough, the first fork in the road she turned right with no hesitation. What she didn't expect was to run into a flurry of pixies that angrily squeaked at her. She ran away as fast as she could, but they swarmed around her, swatting at different parts of her body.