P̶͖̋a̸̻͛͠r̴͉̱̆ţ̵̮̾ ̷͇̉̅2̴͓̕̕3̴̨̤̆

Daunting. That's the word Spencer would use to describe it. She's never been to the Avengers mansion before. They moved while she was, you know, in jail, but she couldn't help me feel the fear broiling in her chest. It's such a simple building. You could easily mistake it for just another passing building in the city. It's brick walls would fill you with a sensation of comfort as the nostalgic feeling of New York city hits you.

      But Spencer knew what awaited her inside. Her family. The very group of people that saved her in more ways than one. The people who she would die for, and who would do the same for her. It made her sick to think about. Being so close to them, yet just out of reach. Feeling the energy of their love, and never getting to relish in it. It's cruel.

      But still, she had a job to do, and if that meant going to that exact building, then so be it. Spencer grips the strap on her laptop bag (one that she may or may not have stolen). Her heart pounds in her chest as she stares at the tall brick wall. She had studied the layout before coming here. Wanted to know every nook and cranny. All the security measures and even where everyone tended to drift too. Unfortunately, to get to where she needed to go, she would have to pass through the heart of the monster.

      The server room laid in the sub-basement of the massive base. To get there she needed to bypass the several security cameras and other normal staff. The biggest problem was getting through the Avengers. Her father had specially designed the building so that it's main points were guarded by the mighty heroes. The only access point to the server room was through the living quarters and last the common room where everyone currently was.

      Spencer would have been able to do a remote hack, but with Ross looking for her she needed to be there in person. Plug a thumb drive with an override code directly into the systems. She needed access to everything. That included the security that surrounded Ross and Nick Fury's underground SHIELD operations.

      Spencer pulls her hood up and nods to herself, stepping into the lobby. A few non familiar faces look her way but only as a passing glance. She sighs and looks in the direction of the bathrooms. Just like a hotel, the elevators are right next to them. Convenient. Spencer heads towards the lavish bathrooms, but right after she turns the corner she twists her wrist and the elevator pulls open. Without a second thought she steps inside and turns her head away from the camera. With another twist of her wrist, the power to the camera goes out.

      She had finally begun to master her electrical current manipulation abilities. She could cut off power to anything, and even charge it with her own. Another recent discovery was that she didn't need electricity as desperately anymore. Before, if she didn't get enough she would pass out, and if it went far enough she was sure she would die. Now anymore apparently. It's one of the things that made her shitty situation less shitty. Only slightly.

      As Spencer steps out of the elevator, head down, the lights around her shut off giving her the perfect cover to reach the corridor that leads to the living quarters. At the end of the hall is a glass wall with a door. It looked harmless enough, but Spencer had done enough research to know otherwise. The whole door was covered in top Stark tech security. Even Spencer has limits to her abilities and this door was one of them. Even if she had managed to get past it, a silent alarm would tip off anyone on the other side.

      Spencer ran the simulations of the possibilities through her head thousands of times. She'd have to move fast to get to the server room, but even at her peak of physical ability there's no way she would make it. So, she came up with a plan to distract the Avengers. A perfect diversion. She isn't quite ready to spoil her plan just yet, so through the rabbit hole she goes.

      Tony would be lying if he said he had slept. It had been at least a week since Spencer had contacted him and he spent his hours searching. He wanted to help her, but honestly he had no idea what to look for. He waited for Spencer to contact him, but she never did and keeping it a secret from the rest of the team was getting hard. If they found out, it was only a matter of time before Ross did. The sneaky bastard had ears everywhere.

      "Boss, there appears to be a breach in the building." Tony's head snaps up to the screen in front of him and watches the security feed appear. A figure whose face is hidden under a hood walks into the living quarters corridor. "What?" Tony begins typing, but the security feed goes out. He frowns and tries to reboot the cameras, then his eyes widen. Someone was breaking into the building. "FRIDAY, warn everyone on the team. Put the mansion on lockdown!" Tony orders as he runs out of his lab.

      "What's going on?" Steve asks Tony as they meet in a hallway. Tony looks around and sees that the camera facing them is off. Tony frowns and faces the blonde and points at the camera. "Someone broke into the building. We need to track them down. Cams are all off." Steve nods and runs off and Tony snorts, the thought of Steve as a german shepherd sniffing out its target passing through his mind. He shakes his head, his smile fading and starts walking down the hallway.

      "Hey Mr. Sta- Oogh!" Tony bumps into someone and sees Peter on the floor. He chuckles and helps him up. "You can hold a broken ferry together, but running into me is what stops you?" Peter turns a thick shade of red and Tony laughs, then turns serious again. "How'd you get in here?" Peter shrugs. "Slipped through the doors before they closed."

      Spencer freezes where she stands as she hears Peter and Tony talking. She is just around the corner behind Peter. The sound of their voices nearly causes her to collapse. She hasn't heard them since the day she got arrested. Spencer clasps her hand over her mouth to prevent her verbal whimper to be heard. "Why is the building on lockdown? Did you blow up the lab again?" Spencer hears Tony stammer over his words and smiles. He blew up the lab? "What? No!" Spencer bites down on her lip to stop herself from laughing.

      "Then what happened?" Tony sighs and Spencer clams herself down so as to not be caught. "Someone is in the building." Spencer glances around the corner and Peter turns his head, so she jerks back into her hiding spot. She hears Peter sniffing a couple times, then starts itching herself away. There's a supplies closet a few feet away... if she could just get there...

      Peter does a double take. That smell... he knows that smell. How does he know that smell? It's soft, and comforting, yet it makes him feel sad. Vanilla. That's it. But what could possibly be the source? He remembers Spencer used too- Peter bolts around the corner, only for the lights to turn off. He runs down the hallway, the smell becoming more distant now. There's no way that it could be... no. Peter shakes his head. He needs to stop giving himself false hope.

      "What are you doing?" The lights turn back on and Peter frowns at the empty hallway. "I thought I-" he shakes his head. "It's nothing." From the supplies closet's grated blinds Spencer covers her mouth as she watches Peter. He's so close to her. He's let his hair grow out a bit and the sloppy curls on his head make Spencer want to run her fingers through it. He got taller too. He had to be at least two inches taller than Spencer now was. His eyes still have that calm-creamy tone to them.

      Everything in Spencer is screaming at her to open the door and crash into Peter. She wants him to hold her and tell her everything is going to be okay. For things to go back to the way they were. She wants to be happy again, but it can't happen. Spencer is too far gone, and she has to face the fact that she will never have a normal life again. "C'mon. I'll help you guys look for the intruder." Peter and Tony run off, leaving Spencer crying in the supply closet. Alone.

UGH EVERYONE IS SO BROKEN UP ABOUT THIS SITUATION... I HATE WRITING THEM SUFFERING, BUT SPENCER'S STORY MUST GO ON. IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG AND DIFFICULT ONE, BUT WORTH IT IN THE END.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!