P̶͉͆͝ͅa̶͚̪͌̾r̵̳͌t̷͉̳̀́ ̵̲̋3̷̬̼̆3̴͕͎̄

Spencer couldn't wrap her head around the thought that Jake had caused this. He said his plan had worked. What plan? And why did it involve Spencer? She never did anything to him, so what could possibly cause him to hate her?

      Trust her, Spencer thought about it long and hard. Overthinking is one of her many wonderful qualities. She first thought that maybe one of her past hacks caused a downfall to someone's life (Of course, everyone she affected deserved it, but villains don't like their villainous plans to be disrupted). So of course she went back and re-visited everything she ever hacked.

      Then she thought about the accident that ended her mother's life. She remembered that someone else had been affected by the crash. But why would they ever hate Spencer for it? She was only five. The worst thing she had ever done was skip brushing her teeth one night (Little Spencer thought she was going to go to hell. Her mother was big on clean teeth).

      The topic of Killian arose and the night she and Peter freed the Avengers. A few guards had lost their lives, but again there was no tie that connected to Spencer directly. She wasn't responsible for any of their deaths.

      Deep down Spencer had a lingering feeling she knew exactly what it was that caused all this turmoil. Like when you forget something (Which she had been doing plenty of lately) and it's right on the tip of your tongue. She just wishes she could remember (But again, she can't do that).

      Maybe it wasn't even a memory of her own. Her emotions... It's almost too impossible to describe. Maybe a feeling of empathy. Feeling someone else's regret, sadness, longing, and need to stay far away from Jake.

      His name didn't strike her right lately either. Jake. It just didn't sound like it belonged to him. Like he had a different name and began going by something else.

      But Spencer had no idea where any of this was coming from. These feelings felt foreign in her brain, yet in place at the same time. The constant feeling of confliction was causing her so much stress, she felt as though she might turn blue.

      And you know what?

      She did.

      The blue pigment in her skin had spread a lot, despite it only being 4 days after it's first appearance. Half of her face was blue, the split in color going through her chin, lips, nose, and forehead. Her left eye was now stuck permanently as the strange black sclera and electric blue iris. Her eyes almost looked like actual electricity was crackling in them, and she didn't doubt if there actually was.

      Her left arm was completely covered while her right arm was uneven and blotchy. The same when for her legs. She hated how her body looked and felt disgusted every time she looked in a mirror or saw the blue skin. All it did was remind her of him.

      She wouldn't be found without long pants and a sweatshirt, her hood always over her head. The Avengers weren't disterbed by her appearance. If anything, they thought it was pretty cool. Especially Peter. 'I have a blue girlfriend!' he cried out countless times when he found out.

      Only he and Loki managed to make her feel better. Loki did his part by remaining in his blue form as often as possible. Having someone with a similar appearance was reassuring, but daunting nonetheless. At one point she would be completely blue, and that was just not okay.

      In the meantime of trying her absolute hardest to get her mind off... well, everything, Spencer looked further into the hit out on Ross. She found nothing big, but she was getting closer and she knew the closer the hit was to happening, the more information she would find.

      A knock at Spencer's door makes her jump. She closes her laptop and pulls her hood over her head. "Come in." Peter steps into the room, clearly trying to hide a smirk. Spencer raises an eyebrow at him and he nods his head in the direction of the hallway behind him. "Get warm clothes on. I'm taking you somewhere."

      Spencer stares at him dumbly, then simply points to her face. "I am literally turning into a blueberry. I don't think the public will find it endearing." Peter tries his best not to laugh at Spencer calling herself a blueberry then steps further into her room. "Well I do and that's all that matters. Plus, where we are going there won't be anyone to look at you but me."

      Spencer gives Peter a quizzical look then sighs. "Alright, fine." Peter squeals and claps his hands. "Yay! Okay, meet me on the roof." He scurries out of the room leaving Spencer to chuckle at her boyfriend's antics, but she loves him so she will humor him.

      Though she'd be lying if she said she expected whatever he had planned to go smoothly. Peter and Spencer's outings usually end in disaster.

      Spencer shivers as she walks further out onto the roof. It's bitterly cold out, but thankfully dry. Spencer wasn't in the mood to stand out in the snow. "Peter?" She calls out. There is a familiar 'thwip!' then suddenly Spencer is swept off her feet and sent flying into the air. She cries out in fear, but a strong out holds her waist tightly.

      Spencer looks up to see Spider-man. Peter. She breathes a sigh of relief and wraps her arms around his neck, making it easier for him to swing around. He leads them deeper into the city until they reach the point where all the tall buildings surround them. Peter lands on the side of a skyscraper and looks at Spencer.

      "Hang on." Spencer nods and wraps her legs around him too tightly. He begins scaling the side of the building, until they finally reach the top. Spencer lets go of him, but holds his hand as they walk further onto the roof and away from the death trap that is the edge of the building.

      "Peter what-?" Spencer stops dead in her tracks. Before her is something that reminds of that one scene in 'Bee Movie'. A red blanket is laid out on the ground and on top of it is a basket with steaming food containers along with two boxes from The Cheesecake factory and a thermos.

      A deep gasp escapes Spencer's lips as her eyes fill with tears. "Do you like it?" Spencer whirls around and tackles Peter into a hug. She squeezes him tightly. "Thank you." She hears him deflate, then he melts into the hug, both happy to be back in each other's arms.

      Even if for the short time it lasted.

 REMEMBER IN 'THE MUTE' WHEN I DID THE Q&A AND PETER SAID WHAT HE WOULD DO IF HE WERE TO TAKE SPENCER ON A DATE? 

YEAAHHHH... I DID THAT

I'M ACTUALLY DOING A LOT OF CALLBACKS TO THE FIRST BOOK OR EVEN EARLIER THINGS IN THIS ONE. I'VE GOT A FEW FUN ONES PLANNED FOR THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS.

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO @BlueJay1124 

THEY REQUESTED THAT THIS BE UPDATED AND I HOLD BY MY PROMISES.

I MOSTLY UPDATE PER REQUEST, SO IF YOU WANT SOMETHING UPDATED ALWAYS COMMENT.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!

P.S. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT CLIFF HANGER >:)