P̴̡̛̯̑á̴̫͜r̴̙̗̒ẗ̴͇̗̓ ̴̬̣̆̊3̷̬̜͂̽1̷̯͚͗͘

Spencer stretches her arms out in front of her, yawing. Something dark on her skin catches her eyes and she pulls her arms closer to her face to observe it. The blue splotch of skin sticks out against her pale complexion. Spencer frowns. When had she gotten this bad of a bruise? Surely she would have felt it. Spencer pushes her thumb down on the strange blue spot, testing to see how bad the pain is, but feels nothing. Not nothing as in no pain, nothing as it was as if that spot was completely numb. Not even numb... It was like she wasn't even being touched at all.

      Spencer frowns and pokes it again, harder this time and narrows her eyes. The skin was... hard. Like she was touching a table or, even one of those squishy floor mats they use for playgrounds. She tests the skin around it and finds nothing odd about that: Just normal, fleshy skin. Now that she thinks about it, the blue was oddly colored. Not the typical purply-blue you see on a normal bruise, no, this was a solid, almost teal blue.

      Now, Spencer has had her fair share of bruises in her life, in fact, she's had more than any normal person should. Then again, Spencer was far from normal. Spencer pokes the spot again and shrugs, pulling her sleeve back down. It's probably nothing.

      She rubs her eyes and looks around the room finding that she is the only one there. She could have swore Peter was here last night....

      To her left she spots the bag of cheesecake and smiles. So he was here. But where had she gone? Spencer sighs and runs a hand through her hair. She pulls herself out of bed and stretches again, trying to blink away the dizziness of having just woken up.

      Spots fill her vision and a dull headache sets in. Almost as if it originated from behind her eyes. She frowns and rubs at her eyes, but the strange colorless spots remain. Spencer, once again, (Stupidly) thinks it as nothing and pulls the door to her room open and walks to the common room.

      "Has she told you yet?" Spencer slows her pace as she hears Natasha speak. "No, but I can't force her to." Standing just around the corner Spencer pauses to hear her father. "...She'll tell me when she's ready." He says with pure uncertainty. "You don't sound so sure." Natasha says dryly. Spencer hears her father sigh. "You know Spencer. She doesn't talk about stuff until its too late. I just wished she trusted me."

      A deep frown forms on Spencer's lips. No, that isn't true. She trusts her father with more than just her life. It's just... Well, she doesn't know. Maybe it's the fear that once she tells him it all becomes real. The year she spent alone, always looking over her shoulder would become real. So would the endless days of torture Jake put her through.

      God, just the thought of him makes her sick. Spencer tries to close her eyes to blink away the tears in her eyes, but his face appears behind her eyelids. Spencer wishes to god she knew why he hated her. Maybe then she would have some closure. Maybe then the fear of him would just go away. Maybe she would have a happy life.

      But that's all wishful thinking. Life will always be there to bite Spencer in the ass, and she'll always be on the run without any rest.

      Then again, what if someone were to carry her? Whisk her away from the endless torment she must face. All she has to do is trust and be strong.

      Tony's tired eyes blink open as he hears a faint knocking on his door. He lifts his head and there are two more knocks. "It's open." He mutters tiredly. A few hesitant seconds later Spencer steps into the room. In an instant Tony is sitting up, wide awake. "Are you okay Weasel?"

       Spencer stares at her father for a moment, then her face contorts with sadness. She lets out a choked sob and lurches into her father's arms. Tony blinks a bit at first then wraps his arms around her, holding her tightly as she cries. She tries to speak, but it only comes out in incoherent blubbering. It almost made Tony laugh, but he remained composed for her sake.