P̵̹͒à̵̢r̴̼͂t̷̫̅ ̶̲̅3̸̰̂0̶̬͂

Spencer winces as Helen Cho pushes the needle into her vein. She's been tortured more times than anyone should and a needle is what gets her. "Hold still." She rapidly nods at the female doctors request. Eventually the needle is pulled out of her arm and she relaxes, giving the needle a dirty glare.

     "They are worried about you, you know." Spencer looks at Helen, mildly surprised. "What?" Cho glances at the white harried girl and nods. "The Avengers. Especially your father." Spencer's eyes drift over to the window that looks out into the hallway. On the other side of it her father bites his nails and Natasha sits on a chair against the wall looking at something on her phone.

      She knows they are worried. Hell, she's worried about herself too. There's so much she doesn't know and it's honest to god terrifying. It's like watching yourself slowly fade away and being completely aware of it; Not knowing how to stop it.

      "I know." Spencer mumbles as she pinches at the skin on her hands. A nervous habit. "Looks like your blood is clear, but-" Helen squints her eyes and presses the zoom in button on the microscope screen. Both of the women look at the strange phenomena on a few of Spencer's blood cells. It looks almost as if a blue hue is taking over the red. "That's strange."

      Spencer silently nods in agreement and glances at her father. She silently thanks the fact that the screen is faced away from him. "We'll need to do another blood test in a few days to see if whatever it is progresses. Until then I will have this sample more closely tested." helen turns to Spencer and glances at her eyes, almost as if she had seen something strange.

      She narrows her eyes as if testing if her vision is fine then takes a breath. "Are you willing to allow me to do a full body exam? It's only mandatory." The air in Spencer's throat is suddenly cut off. Her mouth falls open slightly and she pinches her hand a bit harder.

      Her body isn't a sight to see. The scars that she gained over the years are faded, but still ever present. Especially the one from the molten metal Jake poured on her chest. The skin is red and angry and feels like harsh, bumpy sandpaper. She can't bear to look at herself in a mirror anymore. It's just too disgusting.

      But she also knows that if she declines the exam that Helen will assume the worst and tell her father. So, Spencer closes her eyes and takes a few breaths to calm herself down. "...Okay." She nods, then opens her eyes and looks at Helen. "But everything you see has to stay between us."

      Helen stares at Spencer for a moment. A year and a half ago she would have been forced to tell Tony, but Spencer is an adult by law now. She can't tell Tony anything. At the same time she knows Spencer wouldn't sue. It's Spencer.

      "Okay." Helen walks over to the viewing window, and avoiding the worried eyes of the assassin and billionaire, she closes the blinds. The first thing she does is a set of X-rays revealing several breaks and fractures in her bones that never properly healed. An abnormally large one in her leg, and the second largest one on her radius. Spencer told her about how she broke her leg, but left out a few important details (Being tortured among them).

      The one on her arm was a bit embarrassing. It happened a couple years after Spencer ran from the foster system. She was in an area with low service and thought that by climbing a 30 ft tall tree that all her problems would be solved. How wrong she was.

      The x-rays also revealed a few broken ribs. It brought Spencer back to her time with Jake. Fun times they were. Who knew that kicking could cause so much damage.

       Helen once again narrows her eyes at the x-rays, noticing something very particular. Spencer sees it too. A strange glow around her bones. It could be chopped up to a bad x-ray machine, but that just wasn't possible. It's stark technology. The best money can buy- or can't buy. Do you have any idea how expensive x-ray machines are?