Ṗ̴͇̘̈â̵̡̭r̴̼̬̚t̸̬̜̀͂ ̶̈ͅ2̸̙̈́6̵͖̀̊

Loki didn't know what to think. Or feel even. He was too numb to either. He couldn't even feel the pain from his self inflicted stab wound as Helen Cho began to stitch him up. Barton insisted on not letting the mischief god have any treatment because he could heal fast enough (Loki knew the man still hated him, and honestly the feeling was mutual).

"This is pretty deep." Cho mumbles to herself, eyebrow knit together. There was something off about the wound. The angle the blade went in, and strength used to do it don't add up with what she was told. The intruder was small compared to Loki, and looked rather malnutritioned. Plus, the god had mentioned that the intruder stabbed him from the front. This wound doesn't match that at all. It does however, match something self inflicted, but that doesn't make sense, right?

Loki has been worried. That much he knew for sure. Over the past three weeks his connection to Spencer was growing thinner and thinner. At first he thought she had left the city, but he felt in his chest that she was here, and it turns out he was right. Loki could not reach her mind anymore, almost as if it weren't her own anymore. As if someone or something was taking over, bit by bit, and slowly, Spencer was fading away. And that, scared Loki more than anything he thought possible.

"Kid! Where are you going?" Loki looks to his left to see Tony chasing after Peter. "I- I have to go! I'm sorry!" Peter darts away, leaving Tony frowning in the hallway. Cho backs away from Loki, her stitching job done. "What was that about?" She asks carefully as Tony steps into the medbay. The billionaire shakes his head. "Dunno. We were looking at the security footage and he bolted. I think he saw something, but I sure as hell couldn't."

Loki lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. If they didn't find anything then that meant Spencer was in the clear. He stands and briskly leaves the room. Tony raises an eyebrow at him, but shrugs and leaves the room too. He's got a meeting with Ross in a few hours and he needs to prepare for it (By 'prepare' he means get his stress ball so he doesn't punch the jackass on sight).

"Stark." Ross greets, his voice void of emotion. Tony looks up from his lab table and scowls. It takes everything in his to refrain from calling him an ass. "Ross." He stands and the two of them stare at each other for a moment, then Tony grabs a file off his desk and hands it to Ross. "What's this?" He asks with an eyebrow raised. He skims through it and Tony meets his eyes. "You are being targeted."

Ross glances at Tony, and then the file. He snaps it shut, then tosses it back down on the table. "And how did you come in contact with this information?" Tony creases his brows at how quick Ross was to believe him. The grey haired man walks around Tony's desk. "It wouldn't happen to have been your fugitive hacker of an offspring, would it?" Tony clenches his jaw, but doesn't answer.

Ross hums, then picks up a small disk device off a near by table. Tony knows what it is. It's one of Spencer's EII prototypes. Tony has been trying to recreate all her work after the old base blew. As Ross observes the device Tony sees a glimmer of a smile on Ross's lips. Almost conniving... Very unsettling, but it disappears as quickly as it came. Before Tony can think more on it, Ross steps up to him.

"When we find her, and we will. You'll never see her again." Tony's fists curl, his knuckles turning white. "She'll be locked in a hole that you'll never find, completely and utterly alone." Ros takes a dangerous step forward and Tony shakes with fury. "I will make sure she suffers." That was it. Tony snaps, swinging his arm at full force and speed, right into Ross's face.

He marches up to him as holds his nose, blood seeping through his finger. "YOU WILL NEVER LAY A HAND ON HER! YOU HEAR ME?! NEVER!!" Ross laughs and spits out blood. He pulls himself to his feet, and pulls out a handkerchief. He nods at Tony, a smirk on his lips. "We'll see about that." And with that, he leaves. Once the lab door closes, Tony falls back into his chair, silently crying.

Peter's mind was going into overdrive. What he saw on the cameras.... It shouldn't be possible. She couldn't have possibly broken into the mansion, right? Why would she? Why take the risk? Ugh, Peter wanted answers desperately. He wanted her desperately. Spencer Stark hadn't left his mind once since she last contacted him. Some days he would just wait by his phone, staring at it and silently begging for something, anything from her.

It's just too many coincidences. He knew she was in the city, the intruder had her ring, and the smell. Spencer's vanilla smell. The smell that Peter never seemed to get enough of. The warm feeling it gave him. He wanted her back in his arms and for them to stay like that the rest of their lives.

But the harsh reality always came crashing in, reminding him that could never happen. Not while the Accords were in place. Not while Ross was alive. Peter sighs as he walks out of his school. Today was the last day. Tomorrow was the first day of winter break, but the usual buzz of excitement was not present in Peter. He's never spent Christmas with Spencer, and that only made him feel worse

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Ned asks eagerly. Peter nods. There was a party tonight, but Peter wasn't feeling the urge to attend. "I'm sure. I think I just need to be alone tonight." Ned nods, then walks off to the bus. Peter's phone buzzes in his pocket and he quickly whips it out.

Unknown:
Go to the party. Trust me. After you read this, this number will go dead.

Peter's breath catches in his throat. "Spencer." He whispers to himself. He looks around, hoping to see her, but only finds snow and other students. He stares at his phone, but finds the messages gone. Right, the number went dead. But it was her. He can feel it. So, if Spencer told him to go to a party, then he's going to a party. "Hey Ned!" The short haired teen looks at Peter. "Wait up!"

BTW, PETER'S PERSPECTIVE IN THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE TWO DAYS AFTER SPENCER BROKE INTO THE MANSION.

HEY, I DIDN'T END ON A CLIFF HANGER THIS TIME

WHAT A SURPRISE

I'M GOING TO HAVE TO COMPENSATE FOR THAT IN THE NEXT PART😏

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BYE!