1.Pieces

Gonna take a creative liberty with this story - nothing major, just dates and time frames. As said, this story begins where Beast's Obsession left off and please, if you are not 18, DO NOT read this story because it is not for you! Also, wattpad is being weird and has privatized some chapters so to get them all you need to be following me, sorry.

***

"No, no it's not that...I love you, Liv"

"I love you too Brian...I always will"

Of all the time for such things to be running through my head while I'm sitting in a hospital room covered in William Lewis' blood, this...now? But what else should I be thinking of? It's not as if there were very many pleasantries from which I could draw on to take my mind away from the situation that was and it wasn't as if our breakup had been the worst thing I'd been through...today was proof of th...

"Can I call anybody for you? Family?" she heard the nurse ask, pulling her from her reverie.

"No, it's...no. Thank you." she watched with a blank stare as the nurse turned and left the room before she looked up at her partner with those same blank eyes "How's the girl?"

"Her father and sister are with her..." Nick answered but if he had to be completely honest, Amelia wasn't his top priority at the moment, he was worried about Olivia; he'd seen when he untied her from that table at the granary that her belt and pants were undone but she'd been so completely out of it - still is even as they sit here and he can't help but wonder what that monster had done to her, if Lewis had succeeded in violating her in the worst way possible. Yet still, in spite of the hell she'd just been put through, all Olivia could do was worry about Amelia and if she was okay.

"He didn't...?" Olivia asked worriedly

"No, he didn't" Nick assured her, knowing just what she was asking. "She was just bait."

"For me..." Olivia uttered, Murphy's words suddenly playing back in her head "he's not interested in that little girl..." he got what he wanted" she said with the sudden realization that Murphy had been right and the blank look in her eyes became even more vacant.

***

Nick and Fin insisted on staying with her once they'd gotten her home but the only thing she wanted was solitude; to be alone with her thoughts but within a couple of hours of them leaving at her insistence, the quiet became too much and her thoughts were nothing more than tortuous reminders of the new hell she'd been put through at the hands of William Lewis.

"I should just have NYPD begin forwarding my paychecks straight to Lindstrom" she mused, unsettled by how much additional therapy she'd probably need to get past this latest disaster. She quickly sat up from where she lay on the sofa when she heard the doorbell, praying that Nick or Fin had decided to ignore what she'd said earlier and that one or both of them had come back to give her the comfort of presence that she so desperately needed right now but was stunned when she opened the door to see Brian standing there.

He looked at her nervously, sympathetically when she opened the door. Seeing her broke his heart and he fully expected that she'd give the usual I'm fine and say that she didn't want to be bothered; some sort of shut down but that wasn't at all what he got.

"I heard about..." he began but before he could finish, she'd thrown herself into his arms, hers tight around his neck and began sobbing, letting out everything she'd been keeping in. Brian stood there in the doorway, absolutely stunned into silence as he held her. He hadn't been prepared for this; Olivia didn't break, she didn't cry and certainly never with him. This was foreign territory and he had no idea how to navigate it but he knew one thing, she needed him right now and if he hadn't been sure that he'd made the right decision in coming to her, he had no doubts in his mind right now and he held her even tighter.

"It's okay Liv, I'm here" he said softly. After a moment, she pulled away and looked up at him, her eyes already swollen from the tears that had been cried, the tears that still streamed her face and without a word, she kissed him intensely...desperately while clinging to him as if he were her gravity and as good as it felt to have her in his arms, this wasn't what he'd come here for.

"Liv...Liv stop"

"Brian please, I need this right now, I need you!" she begged

"You're vulnerable right now; you only think this is what you want" he protested

"I know what I want. I want to feel something other than this numbness inside me! Please Brian" she begged as she kissed him "Please!"

Against his better judgment, he gave in and they made love without inhibition, frantically again and again through the remainder of the day and late into the night. she knew that she'd hurt like hell tomorrow but didn't care, squeezing her eyes shut as her final orgasm tore through her before she finally gave in to sleep; much to his relief because he physically couldn't again and was more than happy to join her in slumber, wondering as he drifted off, how long she'd let him be here for her. He got his answer the next morning when he woke up to a note on the pillow.

Thanks for last night but clean break ok? Let yourself out.

Liv

"Did you really even have to wonder?" he asked himself as he crumpled the note in his hand and let out an exasperated sigh as he threw it across the room and into the wastebasket.

If you think you have this story figured out, recalibrate those thoughts! how about showing some love and vote for this story?