Part 4

"What do you say we grab a drink, pal?" James chucked a balled up paper into the bin across his office. His feet were resting on the edge of his desk. His tie untied, top two buttons of his shirt undone, sleeves rolled up, dark carvings of ink peeking through the light fabric.

He and Steve were working late to finish up some plans for the fiscal quarter. They had been working for far too long, and both in desperate need of a stiff drink, so when he offered, Steve jumped at the opportunity.

They made it halfway down the building in the elevator when Steve remembered he was having Natasha over.

"I'm sorry, Buck. Can we push this off for tomorrow?"

James leaned up against the wall of the elevator, head tilted back. "Come on, man. You're with the girl constantly these days. I'm sure she'd understand if you cancelled."

Steve was too nice to do that to her. Also, he was basically addicted to her presence at that point, so going a whole day apart felt like a lifetime to him. Trying to find a compromise, he came up with an idea.

"What if I invited her to meet us at the bar?"

James begrudgingly agreed, so he whipped out his phone to give her a call. The phone rang a few times before she picked up.

"Hi, baby. You headed home yet?"

"Yeah, I'm just now leaving. Thing is, Bucky wants to grab a drink, so I don't know if you'd like to join us? We can go back to my place when we're done."

"I'd love to. I'm with Maggie though. Cool if she comes too?" Steve could practically hear Natasha's smirk through the phone, triggering his own.

"I think that's a great idea. We'll see you girls soon. Bye babe."

James gave him a confused look. "Girls? Plural?"

"Yeah." Steve shoved his phone back into his pocket. "Maggie is coming." He smirked.

~

Maggie nearly shit a brick when Natasha accepted the offer without asking her first. "Natasha, what is wrong with you?!"

"Absolutely nothing. Whats wrong with you?" She spat back, giving her an up and down. "Actually, don't answer that, I know what's wrong. You're not dressed sexy enough. Let's go."

The two of them stopped by Maggie's house. While she packed on some extra makeup, Natasha violently dug through her closet trying to find the most revealing thing Maggie owned, After destroying the room, covering the entirety of the floor in knit sweaters and floral print skirts, she grabbed a dress that she found somewhat adequate.

Half an hour later, they walked into the bar. Maggie tugged at the hem of her dress, but it just made it reveal more of her full cleavage. It was a sweet tied-strap minidress. The subtle, pastel butterfly print of the fabric was a gorgeous contrast to her near black hair.

The bar was dimly lit, golden lights were hung above each of the booths. A long carved wood bar sat along the back wall, recessed lighting illuminated it from the floor. It was surprisingly not very packed, only a few small groups tucked into their respective booths.

"Hey, girls." Steves voice came from behind them, making them spin around. Natasha lunged forward, pressing a passionate kiss to his lips as his hands wrapped tightly around her. "I missed you today."

She pulled away, still looking up at him. "Missed you too."

Steve turned over to Maggie. "Thanks for coming, tiny."