Part 46

"Wake the fuck up." Rumlow boomed, shaking Maggie for the hundredth time.

Her eyes opened a smidge, then fell back shut as her head went limp to her shoulder.

He was already exhausted from dealing with her after their scuffle at her apartment. Finding the girl endlessly irritating. He rolled his shoulders, then brought his leg up kicking her hard in the side.

A loud crunch punctuated the impact, as she jolted awake. Eyes wide with pain, as she let out a wail. The sharp sting in her side making it perfectly clear that he had cracked a rib.

She took a strained breath, blinking away tears.

Looking around the room with drooped eyes, she realized they were in some kind of warehouse. Fluorescents hummed from above, washing the space in harsh, cold light. The center room was recessed. Lined with iron railed lofts on each side. Discarded wooden pallets and shelves were settled up against the walls, covered in dust bunnies. The front windows were boarded up and the paint on the walls was chipped away. All of this making it clear the place had been abandoned for a long time.

Eyes slowly raking down to herself, to see that her arms and legs were bound to a chair. Still in her dress from the night. Shivering from the unheated building. Every inch of her skin covered in goosebumps. She would've been terrified, but the tranquilizers still coursing through her veins made her too incoherent to fully process.

"Have a nice nap, princess?" He leered.

She cleared her throat, wincing at the sore burning feeling. "Where am I?" Voice groggy.

"An old Hydra warehouse." He stated simply, plopping down in a wooden chair in front of her. "It's been out of commission for a while— ever since your sociopathic boyfriend got arrested down the road and blew the location for us." He rolled his eyes. "So, don't worry, no no one will bother us here."

His words shook Maggie to the core. Brain finally catching up to speed, realizing exactly what was happening. Her head fell down to her lap as hot tears streamed down her cheeks. Stuttering breaths making her shake.

"Fucking shit, you're dramatic." He groaned.

She sniffled. "Wouldn't you be if you were about to die?"

"Oh, we're not going to kill you." He crossed his arms, leaning back in his seat. "Not yet at least. Not until Barnes gets here."

His statement instantly stopping the emotional outpour from her eyes. "He knows I'm here?"

"Yes," he glanced down at his watch, "he has ten minutes to get here, so he better hurry up. We'd like an audience when we kill you. And then he'll shortly follow."

Despite the absolute horror she felt, her mind got caught on his wording. He said 'we'.

Her head whipped around, scanning for anyone else in the room. "Who is 'we'?"

A wide smile found its home on his face. "Hey, fancy man." He called over his shoulder, keeping his eyes set on Maggie.

One of the side doors creaked open. Aged metal grating against itself. A pair of shiny, patent leather shoes stepped out. Her eyes raked up the tailored suit, to the long jet black hair resting in loose curls on the lapels of the blazer. Up to the cunning smirk she knew oh so well. Loki.

Maggie's features contorted into an overwhelming expression of panic and shock. "Loki? Loki, please. Please help me." She sobbed. "Th— this isn't you. Please don't do this to me."

His strode over to her, taking his sweet time. Keeping a casual air about himself and a polite smile over his features, like she wasn't bound to a chair before him. "Hello, darling." His eyes raked over her. "Did you miss me?"