Epilogue

~Six months later~

Maggie was a nervous wreck.

She chewed anxiously on her lip, fingers twisting her wedding ring around her finger, while she held her phone between her ear and shoulder. She was leaned up against the front desk of the gallery, mouthing instructions to her employees and gesturing with her hands to switch pieces around, while she waited for an answer.

A few rings later, the call was cut short. She pulled it away from her ear, frowning at the screen of her phone, "what the hell, James?" she whispered to herself.

Just as she was about to try him again, the towering glass door of an entrance swung open, sending a burst of cold, autumn air to rush in as he stepped inside. "I'm here, doll." He smiled, approaching her. Holding a huge bouquet of pink roses in his inked hand. Donning his midnight colored Berluti coat over a tailored Tom Ford suit.

He licked his lips when he saw how chic she looked dressed in her black dress. The mock neck not revealing any of her chest, but the lack of sleeves and slit over her plump thigh showed just enough to give the look some allure.

Maggie sighed in relief, instantly giving him her full attention and rushing over to wrap him in a hug. Pressing a long kiss to his lips before being pulled away by one of her employees calling her name. With a decisive response, leaving them informed of her opinion, Maggie turned back to James to give him a loving look. "Thank you for coming early," she said, grazing her fingers over the side of his squared jaw.

"No problem at all, sweetheart. You look beautiful" He cooed, before taking in the room, checking out the placements of the works slowly, but surely filling up the lobby. When he locked back in on her, he could see a smidge of apprehension in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm nervous," she admitted.

"Why?" He frowned in confusion, lips turning down. "You've done all of this before."

Maggie tucked her hair behind her ear, shaking her head. "I know, but this new location is so much bigger than my other gallery. And we're housing a lot of prestigious works right off the bat. I just... really hope tonight goes well."

"It will," James said with a nod, voice full with unwavering confidence, "anything you have your talented little hands in is a success."

With his reassurance, she felt that much better. His presence alone just did that to her. The unstoppable confidence he oozed was constantly seeping into her, leaving her to feel it just as deep in herself.

She leaned against him for comfort, taking a deep breath. Inhaling that rich smoky scent that grazed over the obsidian wool of his coat. The fabric still slightly chilled from the air outside, but the scorching warmth of his body radiating through.

Her eyes trailed down to his hand. A smile forming over her lips when she finally locked in on the roses he brought her. "Those are lovely," she beamed.

James chuckled, raising them up from his side. "They're for you."

"Well, I'd hope so," she teased, taking them from him and nestling her nose into the soft petals. Taking in the bright, floral aroma of the bundle. "Thank you, honey."

Hooking her arm through his, she turned to walk to the elegant glass-lined staircase at the side of the lobby. Calling a quick, "I'll be back down in a bit," over her shoulder to her employees who were still working diligently to prepare for their opening night.

Passing through the lofty four floors of pricey art, they made their way to Maggie's— now second— office. The space was just as airy as her first, but with an additional desk in the corner of the room for her head curator. It was filled with colorful furniture and stray pieces of art. A small sitting area was spread along the back of the room, adjacent from the large wall of windows.