Part 11

Loki's driver dropped Maggie at home after she thanked him profusely for their lunch. He wouldn't let her even peek at the bill, but she knew it was most likely ridiculously expensive. Albeit, most girls would've jumped at the chance to be taken to a free gourmet lunch with a handsome man, she felt terrible being spoiled like that.

Once she got inside her apartment, she sketched for a bit, trying to plan out her next piece from James. Curled up on her couch, hunched over her sketchbook, looking like a kitten. The sound of her front door opening pulled her from her work.

"Hey, bitch." Natasha greeted, lovingly.

"How's it goin', Nat." Maggie grinned, turning back to her drawing. "We still on for drinks later?"

Natasha ripped off her coat, hanging it on the hook behind the door. "Why do you think I'm here?"

"Fair enough."

"I'm sleeping over at Steve's though. He also asked if he could join us tonight, if you don't mind." Natasha knew she would never say no to her, so she had already invited him, but she still asked as a courtesy.

"Of course. I'd love to see him." She rolled over onto her back on the couch, happily replying, just as predictable as always. She thought for a moment, hesitant, but decidedly feeling a little bold. "Think I could invite James?"

Natasha sat down next to her with an astonished expression. She had never seen her friend be so forward. Impressed with her bold request, but more than anything realizing how much she truly liked the man. "You absolutely should."

After an affirmative text from James, they started getting ready. Maggie was internally fighting off the oncoming butterflies while trying to tame her unruly curls. She had an amazing lunch with Loki, but after James called, he ran through her thoughts for the rest of the meal. His praise resonated with her unlike anyone else's had.

"Hey, Mags?" Natasha popped her head into the bathroom. "Steve said the bar we wanted to go to is closed for some reason, so I think he's going to have us all over to his place instead. He has a really nice wet bar at his though."

"That works with me. Should we still dress nice?"

"Oh, definitely. Those guys are always dressed sharp. We gotta keep up." Natasha shot her a wink and left her to finish her hair.

Maggie swiped on some light makeup. Sparkly golden eyeshadow and some blush, only brushing through her naturally thick brows, and then adding a glossy lip. She moved to her room to see that Natasha had already picked out an outfit for her. Sighing when she saw it was another short dress.

Pulling on the orchid satin dress, she felt exposed. Digging through her closet, she found a light lavender cardigan to match. Feeling more secure in her outfit, she walked to the living room.

Natasha stood before her, looking as chic as always in her nude single shoulder top and ivory palazzo pants. Her legs looked miles long in her staggering heels. Gorgeous amber locks, perfectly coiffed into a classic style.

"Went for a cardigan to match, I see." She said, wearing an arched brow.

The cab picked them up and drove them over to Steve's. His apartment building was nestled in the financial district, not far from James' office building. It was tall. All silver and glass. They walked through the tiled lobby, heels clicking over the shiny floor. Stepping into the elevator, Natasha wasted no time slamming her finger into the top button, having done it a million times before.

The sliding doors opened up to a small room with only one door— Steve's. Before she could even knock, the door pulled open. Steve stood leaned up against the side, smiling amicably. "Welcome, ladies."