Part 33

EDIT*** A/N: Again like that last chapter, not sure if I mentioned this on here, but I see Rose as Carol Kane.

~

Maggie's eyes scrunched as she stepped out onto the front steps of the house.

It was another sweltering day in the city. She wore a satin crop top and skirt set. The daffodil colored fabric was covered in tiny specks of pink flowers. Her hair was tied up into two buns, with a pair of colorful, crystal butterfly hair pins tucked underneath. She genuinely wanted today to be the best it could, so she dressed the part.

James stepped out behind her, wearing a tight black t-shirt and a pair of trousers that were somehow even darker. They really were a sight to behold together. Walking side by side. Complete opposites, but thoroughly in love.

They were headed to see Maggie's grandma for brunch. Grandma Rose. She lived in Outer Richmond, a short ten minute drive from the house. James lips curled when he saw the pastel pink color of the victorian style home. Although it wasn't an unusual sight while in San Fransisco, his New Yorker mindset made him react to it.

He hugged the curb with the AMG, then hopped out to help Maggie step down. He admired her as she climbed out, absolutely loving what she wore today. Her skin was lightly sun kissed, looking gorgeous in the satin fabric. Her little buns drove him mad. Enchanting.

They walked up the front steps, landing a smart rap of knocks on the front door. There was a muffled yell from inside the house, then a beat later the door was ripped open. A tiny old lady stood before them, wearing a pair of overalls. Her long, light hair was tied half up, ringlets hanging down to frame her face. Chunky beaded earrings peeking out underneath. "Theres my little snow pea!" She gave Maggie a big squeeze, as James realized they were the exact same height. Five foot nothing.

"Hi, Mimi." Her voice was strained from the tight hug she was receiving.

"And who's this handsome devil?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows up at James.

He chuckled. "James Barnes, ma'm. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Her eyebrows raised. "You can call me Rose, handsome." She winked, ignoring etiquette, and throwing her arms around his core. He gently hugged her back, careful to mind his strength. "Now let me get a good look at you." She stepped back keeping a grip on his sides. She picked up each of his arms inspecting the bulging tattooed muscles. "Well don't you look like the devil himself..."

He peeked down at Maggie nervously.

"Good. She could use some of that." She added on with a wicked smirk.

Maggie rolled her eyes. Her grandma was a spitfire of a woman, so she was hardly surprised she was making eyes at her man. "Okay, okay, can we move this inside please?"

Her home was interesting. Eclectic and bohemian, but tastefully done. There were different colored walls in almost every room, all of them covered in funky art pieces. Large windows filled the entire place with bright light.

The three of them walked through to the breakfast nook. The circular table was already filled with food. Waffles, eggs, toast, fruit, biscuits, hash browns. Everything. It looked like heaven. They nestled in around the table and dug in to the food, passing the dishes to each other, loading up their plates.

James chugged down the steamy espresso, finding it to be flawlessly prepared. His expert tastebuds picked up on the singular notes of the flavor. Really, everything Rose had made was perfect. She clearly knew what she was doing in the kitchen.