Part 42

"Where are we going?" Maggie asked, politely.

She was seated happily in the passenger side, while James drove his Rolls Royce Sweptail. It was a novelty to be on the opposite side of the car. Finding it incredibly impressive how skillfully he drove with the added obstacle of road configuration.

"We're going to go have some tea."

"You drink tea?" She laughed.

"No," he clarified, "but I think you'll like this place."

The two of them had wasted no time getting up in the morning. The second Maggie's eyes opened, she was bouncing on top of James, waking him up. She got ready for their big day. Wearing an Avec les Filles houndstooth coat over a black bodycon dress and some lace stockings, with her shiny patent Louboutins.

She was so excited to be able to spend the whole day in the city, sight seeing just like she wanted from the second they got there.

The car slowly pulled to a Georgian Mayfair townhouse. Previously the London Atelier of Christian Dior. The exterior facade looked mostly plain, except for a guard-dog sculpture climbing over the limestone bricks and the small neon sign resting beside the front door, reading the word 'sketch'.

From the first moment they stepped inside, Maggie was enraptured. As the host walked them through the building, her jaw was unhinged.

Every last detail had been adorned in what appeared to be one big art installation.

What they called the 'Glade' was breath taking. Hand painted garden scenes covered the walls. The small tables were surrounded by ornate, jewel toned chairs, resting on the faux greenery carpet. Looking like moss. In the center of the room, stringy grass and leaves dangled down, illuminated by the multicolored lights that were perched in each corner. The glowing bar was framed by a wall of bottles. Craft distilled liquors glowing from below, making them look almost magical.

Making their way through, to the main dining room. It was pink. All pink. In art deco style. The huge dome ceiling rested above the seating area. Shell-like velvet chairs encased the cloth covered tables to the booths. Rounded lamps sat neatly along the edges. Black and white chevron tiled floors spread through out, leading to the wide bar at the back of the room. The rose colored walls were covered in various pieces of quirky art. Doodles. Sketches.

Weaving their way between the tables, they were seated at a corner booth. Allowing them a gorgeous view of the entire room.

"What do you think, doll?" James smiled.

"Its incredible." She gushed.

"Told you you'd like it."

Her eyes continued to scan the room, looking over each of the unique pieces of art Every single one was different. All of the other diners seated around them were dressed to the ambiance. Just as unorthodox, but high fashion.

Shortly, a waiter came over. Running over the menu with them. James selected a few items from the menu. Coffee for himself, tea for Maggie and pastries for them to share. Chausson aux pommes, croissants, muffins, and finger sandwiches.

Everything was promptly brought out the the table. Maggie decorated her tea with milk and sugar, while James had his coffee black as usual. They munched on the decadent, freshly prepared pastries. Everything was superb. The chausson aux pommes were to die for. Biting down into the flaky crust, into the soft, sugary apples. They both ate their weight in the sugary treats, downing multiple cups of each of their drinks until they were sufficiently full.

"Thank you for bringing me here."

"Of course, sweetheart. I knew we had to make a stop here, the second we decided to stay another day."