22.It's Over

Hey guys.

Here is today's chapter.

Thank you for everyone who wished me on my birthday.

Here you go.

Victor's POV:

I quickly moved away from Cassandra. She seemed to be embarrassed. I shouldn't have hugged her.  Her head was hung low. I wiped my tears, "I'm sorry, Cassandra." I said, my voice unsure and void. She nodded her head slightly and stood up, "It's okay."  I quickly missed the warmth she provided when she was sitting beside me. She scurried away to her room.

Cassandra Scott was orphaned when her father, Alexander died helping in a mission with our dad. After that her mom brought her up. But a year before her graduation due to cancer. After getting medical degree she came to me and requested me to give her 'The Mafia Doctor' job. I gave her the job as it was her fathers when he was alive. Cassandra is a smart and beautiful girl of 23 years. She is working with us for the past two months and her dedication for the job is seen within the two months.

I was left alone with my thoughts when a click of heels were heard. Melissa came running into the room. I stood up and she stopped at the doorstep.

"Why did you do that, Victor?" She asked tears streaming down her face. I set a blank face and answered her, "What did I do?" She flinched at my words and came to me.

She stood in front of me, "Why did your brothers take my father to your warehouse, Victor?" She said her finger poking my chest. I slapped her hands away and sat back down on the chair.

"Go and see the girl in that room," I said pointing to the room were Desiree was kept. She hesitantly walked to the door and gasped loudly.

"Who is she, Victor? What happened to her?" She asked as she walked to me again. "She is my baby sister. And this state of hers is caused by none other than your father." I said and her eyes widened in shock.

"Why would my dad do it, Victor? And besides you made my father suffer because of this pathetic girl?" She asked and that's it. I resisted the urge to slap her and looked her straight in her eyes.

"HE JOINED HIS HANDS WITH DARIUS ETERNA AND DECIDED TO KILL MY BABY SISTER." I now yelled. Cassandra came running to the room. "Capo, don't shout. It may affect her." She said as she ran towards Desiree's room. I gave her an apologetic look and again turned to Melissa.

"Did you think that I would just stand there and do nothing when all this happened to my baby sister because of your father? Did you think that I would leave him only because you are my girlfriend?" She looked at me skeptically and shook her head. "You love me, Victor. You can never hurt me. So, Release my dad." She said in an commanding tone.

"Remember, one thing, Melissa. I may or may not loved you. But that doesn't mean I will do what you say. I'm the capo here and what I say will go. Go back to your house." I said in a harsh tone.

"You know what, Victor? Everything between us is over. You are not even a human, you are just a animal craving blood and death. I never loved you. I was with you only because my dad wanted it." She said, I didn't need to answer her as she already went to the door.

She turned and glanced a last look at me, "I'll never let you live happily, Victor." She said and I yelled back, "Good to you."

I turned and walked to the room were Desiree was kept. I went inside the room to see Cassandra sitting in the bed near Desiree and looking at her.

"How is she?" I asked. Cassandra didn't turn around. "Good" she replied. I sat on the other side of the bed and took Desiree's left hand in mine.

"She is lucky to have a brother like you," Cassandra said now looking at me. I shook her head, my eyes not leaving Desiree's face, "No, We are lucky to have her."

Cassandra smiled and stood up. "Can you arrange for some clothes for her?" She asked. I nodded and stood up. "I'll go home and bring her clothes." I said as I left the room.

Darius Eterna, I'm coming for you...

.......

Wordcount: 738

Guys. I'm really sorry for the short chapter.