Chapter 24

Arias POV

Luke has been home for 3 days now and he's really confused about a lot of things. He doesn't remember me being pregnant, or moving into the house, or his dad randomly dropping by. He didn't know I was his wife. He just thought I was his girlfriend. He doesn't remember the past year and a half basically.

He feels really bad too, he's constantly breaking down because of it. I just put the twins down for a nap, and Lucy was trying to tell Luke about the twins.

I walked into me and Luke's room and Lucy was groaning out in frustration. "Lucy why don't you take a break. I think there's some cookies on the counter."

She nodded and walked out. I took my seat next to Luke on our bed. He turns to face me. "So it's true, we really are married and we have two kids. I just don't remember."

I nodded. "Yeah, it's true."

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

I shifted myself so I was now sitting in his lap. I caressed his cheek with my hand and looked him in the eye. "I don't want you to be sorry anymore Luke. It was an accident. You can't control that you got memory loss. These kinda things happen, there's nothing that we can do about it. Except try and help you remember. But you also want to have to try."

He rested his forehead against mine. "I wanna remember."

I smiled and pressed my lips against his. I felt him smile into the kiss, and he rested his hands on my waist.

"One thing that I didn't forget is how much I love you." He said after we pulled away. "I love you Aria."

"I love you too Luke." I pecked his lips again. "We'll get through this, I promise."

He nodded, and fell back into the bed and he pulled me on top of him. Right then, the twins started crying. I stood up, and Luke did too.

"No, you stay here. I'll bring them in here if it makes you feel better." I told him and he nodded.

I walked to the twins room, and changed their diapers because they both needed one. I carried Maddy in one arm and Will in the other. I got back to our room and handed him Maddy.

I sat next to him and rocked Will in arms. "I guess I'm your daddy." He smiled at the twins.

I rested my head on his shoulder, and set Will down on his stomach. Luke did the same with Maddy. I wrapped my arm around his waist, and snuggle closer to him.

We sat like that, in silence for a few minutes until I heard Luke sniff. I inhaled deeply and turned to face him. "Stop crying." I cooed.

"I can't help it. I missed out so much, and I don't even remember anything." He cried.

I picked up both twins and quickly set them back into their cribs in their rooms. I shut the door and walk back into me and Luke's room. Closing the door behind me.

Luke was standing, looking out the window. "Luke?"

He didn't respond. "Luke?"

I walked towards him. "Luke?" I placed my hand on his shoulder.

The second I did, he turned around and shoved me off him. I fell onto the floor and my eyes widened. I looked up at him, and guilt flashed through his eyes.

"I'm--."

I slowly stood up. "Don't you dare fucking say your sorry. That's all you ever say Luke. When are you going to stop being sorry. Do you understand how annoying it is to hear somebody constantly say sorry for something that they had no control over? Very. You keep saying that your going to try to remember. But I feel like your already giving up. All you do is say sorry and cry. Grow up Luke, handle this like the adult you are." I yelled.