Chapter 25

Lucy's POV

I was at school right now, and we were at recess. Me, Harper, Tyler, Annie, and Harry were all playing with the soccer ball. When Rachel and Riley, the best friends that always picked on me, came up to us.

Riley shoved me to ground, while Rachel laughed. Getting mud all over my skirt and shirt. I stood up and pushed her back harder.

"Your stupid." She yelled at me, standing up and pinching my arm.

"Ow." I shouted, before kicking her in the knee.

"Your ugly." I told her.

"Well at least I have a mom and dad." She said.

"But I'm not a stupid blonde." I yelled at her, making all the kids around her laugh.

She smacked my arm, and I hit her n the stomach. After that she pushed onto the ground, but I pulled her with me.

I kept smacking her and she kept smacking me. "Girls." I heard Ms. Rogers shout.

We stopped hitting each other and we stood up. I was covered in mud and red marks from where she hit me. "Let's go." Ms Rogers said.

We walked to her office and she called Riley's mom and Luke. After a little bit, both of them walked in. Luke looked mad.

Me and Riley were told to go sit down outside while Ms. Rogers talked to Luke and her mom. I sat down on one side of the room and Riley on the other.

I stared at her, wishing she would just disappear. Finally, Luke came outside, and looked even madder. "Let's go."

I got my book bag and we walked to his car. I got into my seat and Luke got in.

He started driving, and talking. "You are in so much trouble. What were you even thinking?"

"She hit me first." I said.

"I don't care if she hit you first, what you did is still wrong."

"But she keeps making fun of me." I told him, before I started crying quietly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't have a mommy or daddy. And I'm ugly."

"Your not ugly Lucy, your one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen." He told me.

"They why does everyone else tell me I'm ugly. I only have four friends. Harper, Tyler, Annie and Harry."

We got to the house and got out of the car. "Come to my room after you change your clothes."

I nodded, and went to my room and changed into shorts and a shirt. I walked across the hall and into Luke's room. I think Aria was with Ms. Carrie and the twins.

I sat down next to Luke on his bed. "I'm sorry." I said.

Luke's POV

"I'm sorry." Lucy said.

I honestly couldn't believe she got into a fight with another kid. It made me so upset.

"Now tell me everything that happened." I told her.

She nodded and started spreading. "We were on the playground and me Tyler, Harper, Annie, and Harry were playing soccer. But then Riley and Rachel came over. Riley pushed me and I pushed her back. Then she called me stupid, so I kicked her. Then I called her ugly. But then she said. 'At least I have a mom and dad.' Then I said she was a stupid blonde. She smacked me and I kept smacking her back." She explained.

"Oh Lucy." I sighed. "What you did was wrong. You shouldn't have hit her back. Instead just walked away or something."

"I'm sorry. But she made me mad when she brought up the mom and dad thing." She said, letting a few tears fall down her face.