Chapter 18

Sarah as usual continued her story as Abel too didn't have any questions.

Flashback :

I decided to resign the job and went to the office only to know that Charles has given a off today. He already called me and informed that if I don't agree then he will keep the office close and even if I still don't agree he will give up his life. I asked him not to do anything sort of like that but he cut me off saying I am anyhow like a dead person as I am not there in his life, there's no point in living even if he lead a life, with a motive. But I ignored his words thinking it won't happen and went to the office. I asked the security guard the reason for not disclosing the office. He replied saying it's a order from Sir, don't know what happened to him, he never behaved such a way. I asked him whether he had Charles address or not ? He messaged me the address and I went there to tell him that I want to leave this job right now. I knocked his room door and waited for him to open the door, but there was no response. I knocked the door few more times but in vain. I called somebody for help, he hit open the door. He helped me open the door and I was shocked to see him lying in the pool of blood. He cut off his wrist with the small metal steel blade. I ran to him and cried a lot thinking and blaming all that happened because of me. That person helped me and we rushed to hospital with him. The treatment was going on. I was waiting restlessly for him to be fine. The nurse came out of Charles room. I asked her what happened ? How is Charles ? Can I meet him ? She said he is fine and yes you can meet him. I went inside near him and asked how is he now ? He said I am fine and I love you,I want to know are you ready to accept me ? tell me. I scolded him saying are you mad ? Just because you didn't got me you want to give your life. He held my hand tightly and said I want you to spend my life, you tell me don't you love me ? This care and concern is love, isn't it ? I said I agree with you, I love you but I want some space. He agreed instantly. Each passing day, we got to know each other, we got close to each other. One fine day, he was about to kiss me, I stopped him and said that I'm not yet ready to take ahead our  relationship forward. He got angry and said that he couldn't wait anymore and want me at any cost then and their itself. I asked him to wait a little more, so that I could be comfortable with it, with him. I thought he'll agree silently, but to my surprise, he started confronting me as to he is also a human, more over he is a man,  he also has his needs, he can't control his needs anymore and said break up so that you can get time for your self, happy and he left my place. The very next day a fair girl with brilliant features and high attitude joined his office and started working as she is his girlfriend. He didn't talk to me for many days and at office he ignored me, as if I don't exist at all, but he talked to everyone else especially that girl. Her name was Bella. I couldn't take it anymore and stayed with him at office in night. I apologized him many times, then after he agreed finally when I kissed him on his cheek. I said I am slowly becoming close to you, you need to have patience and he agreed hesitantly. I doubted his behaviour but kept quite. He tried to force him self on me and I asked him to stop but he didn't saying I have gone crazy to see you in this avatar.
{Sarah breaks down recalling her past where as Abel consoles her}
I pushed him back with a force and hit him hard and left the place. The next day I felt guilty for slapping him, hurting him and decided to apologise him and went to his office. But he wasn't available there. I was returning back to my place thinking where he would have gone ? I suddenly bumped into some one. I moved back a little only to see a similar face in front of me. She was my friend Nita the same girl whom I replaced in the coffee day. She said I was not well and I asked why, what happened ? She said frankly speaking I was pregnant and went to abortion. I was so shocked to hear her. She said she wanted to share some thing important with me. I curiously asked what ? She said I have to say something about your boyfriend. I asked, about Charles ? She nodded and continued her talk, he is a Casanova, don't believe him, when I used to work there, he came with many girls and daily the new one. He didn't bring the repeated ones and he was the one who made me pregnant and layer when I informed him he sended me forcefully for abortion. She cried silently, tears were flowing out of her eyes, but controlled her self. I wanted to warn you but you already left the job, by the time I was here. It's a request from me, please if you're in a relationship with him, break it off. I know you are unable to believe it but trust me, I do have a proof also. Come with me, I can prove you that he is with other girl right, now. She took me with her to hotel Brown Brick where she works in night shift. She took me outside room no. 456 and asked me to look into the room through the keyhole in actions. I hesitated for a moment, then thought I have to do this for myself, my better future and moreover for my freedom to which I struggled years. I peeped into the room through the key hole and received a rude shock to see him there, yes! He was there, with Bella, in bed. I went back to my home, I recalled all their meetings and thought he did that to make me jealous but I was wrong, he really had affair with her. Yet another shock !!! I consoled my self with the warning that I won't cry for the one who cheated me, who used me. The next day I went as usual to office, he didn't came to office that day but do visited me in the evening fully drunk. He wasn't able to stand properly. I maintained distance from him. He came near me and asked what happened ? Why aren't you coming near me ?
I stood silent. Oh ! Let me guess ? you met Nita, right ? I was shocked to hear that. He said shocked ? Don't be babes, I only send her to you to tell you the truth about me. I said No, this can't happen, no. Yes my dear, it's true, I want to spend a night with you, just a night. I ran into my bedroom and was about to lock it when he entered forcefully and pushed me onto the bed and forced himself on me. I pushed him back wards. I ran towards the door. He catched me and pulled my hair tightly. I screamed. He said that he had enough of my drama, I should agree to him or else he has many ways to have a ~ one night stand with me. Come with me to the same hotel where you saw me and Bella. And no more cleverness otherwise...., tried to push me outside the balcony which is four floor's high and threatened that he won't spare me. I hopelessly agreed to his terms. He took me to the hotel and booked a room. It was luxurious and well furnished. A king size bed, lamps and furniture. He put me on to the bed and he went to lock the door, I took this opportunity and ran inside the bathroom. Locked in to save myself from the devil. He started banging the door from outside and yelled to return back to him. Or else he will kill me. But I didn't open the door, he entered the bathroom breaking the door and tried to drown me in the 7-feet bathtub. I struggled for oxygen, for my life; as he was too much drunk and was not able to stand properly, I pushed him with force and powerfully. As I began to run, he held my hand from the elbow tightly. I tried everything to get rid off him, but in vain. At last, my eyes ran through the candle stand kept near the bed side table. So, I made a plan. I surrendered myself to him saying I'm sorry, even I want to spend a night with you and he fell into my trap. He asked me to get ready, I agreed and asked him five minutes so that I can surprise him. He waited outside the restroom patiently for me thinking he won and began to celebrate his win by drinking more alcohol. I silently came out of the rest room, grabbed the candle stand from the table and hit him hard on his head. He fell down and started to bleed. I ran to my house as fast as possible not before locking the room door from outside. That night I shifted here, to this house with all my belongings and did not let anyone know about it. Although I shifted here but he,his memories were constantly their in my life as nightmares. Scared, I stopped sleeping. But I started hallucinating him, I saw him every where. Fed up of my own life, I have decided to end my life, but you came as an angel and saved me.
End of flashback

But look at me, how unthankful I'm to you. You saved me every time but I just complaint, have been rude to you every time. And today it was beyond the limit, I blamed you and thought that you are mingled with that devil, that   Charles. Look at my fate, even after so much, he's again,now back in my life. You remember that mall incident, I went to buy a thank you gift for you, but that devil came there and ruined all my plans at last minute by making me weak. He gets shocked and asks her what ? He met you ? Sarah says yes! He did at mall and we had a argument. He took me with him in the trial room, locked me and slitted my hand. He threatened me saying he will finish all my reasons to be happy. And my real reason for this newfound joy and happiness is only you. And I didn't wanted him to know you. That's why I behaved so rude to you that day. I'm really sorry for my behavior. You know Abel he said I have to kill myself because he never got me and henceforth he doesn't let anyone for me, as he said this your advice echoed in my head and I protested saying even I have my life but he didn't listen and slitted my palm as punishment for going against him and not listening to him; she said recalling the incident. Abel interrupted asking sarah where was charles when you shifted here ? Sarah answered him saying he was hospitalized after I hit him. And now suddenly he's back in my life after a month of disappearance. She is about to continue, when Abel puts a finger on her soft and tender lips, she sees him and both share a deep yet romantic eye lock. He suddenly realises that and moves back and asks her to sleep as night is passing. He gets up and is about to leave for his home, she catches his hand by wrist and requests him to sleep in her house itself. Unable to deny her, he agrees. She asks him to sleep on bed, she will sleep on floor. But he instead asks her to sleep on her bed and he is comfortable with couch/sofa. She disagrees and he stays adamant. Seeing his stubbornness, she resignly complies. Seeing her sleeping peacefully, Abel also retires for sleep.