Chapter 30

Epilogue

1 Month Later.....

Sarah wakes up early in the morning and freshen up herself. Walking straight into her in - law's room she removes some clothes from the cupboard and keeps it on the nearby table.Then she enters the kitchen and cooks food for every one, making sure everyone like it. George and Charlotte come near Sarah, who wishes them a good morning, and informs her that they are going for a walk. Sarah gives them a water bottle and bids them a good bye with a smile and closes the door. She checks the time and runs to her room to wake her husband up and asks him to hurry up other wise he will be late. He pulls her on the bed. She asks him what is he doing ? So what if I get late ? It's okay, it's my office and I can go anytime, he reply. She says you will get late and so will I, because of you and I don't want to. And Abel this is not the way to say that you can go anytime for work, what will his juniors learn from him. Now get up, he will be late and orders him to leave her. He says no. She asks him not to be adamant and be quick. He says after I get my good morning kiss. She postpones it to later. He says no. She says Abel please. He says okay and he leaves her. She walks away not before arranging his clothes and files while he smiles and goes to get ready. Sarah packs four lunch in boxes and keeps it ready on a dining table. Abel calls her out. She goes and asks him what happened ? He asks where's my watch ? She hand over him from the nearby bed side table. He asks again where is my phone and tie ? She gives him phone from the bed and tie from the same place where she kept the clothes saying it's here only Abel. He takes the phone and put it in his pocket while Sarah makes him wear his tie. She then putting his blazer on the shoulder asks him to come down, breakfast is ready. Suddenly someone rings the bell, she runs down and open to see her in - laws back from the walk. They get in and freshen up to have breakfast. Abel comes down and all together sit on the dining table while Sarah serves every one. She too haves after serving them. After having the breakfast, she cleans the table and removes the utensils. Abel and his father are outside the house, he calls out Sarah and asks her to give his meeting files and car keys fast, he is getting late. She brings it to him. He thanks her and leaves not before kissing her on her forehead. She smiles and walks in to the house to give medicines to her mother-in-law. She and her mother-in-law Charlotte locks the house and visit the church and pray to God. And they drive off again to a club where Sarah drops Charlotte and asks her to have her lunch and medicines on time. She bidding good bye to her mother-in-law leaves towards her work sphere. It is company for making animated videos for small children. She works there as a managing director and she needs to roam all over in the building to have a look on the staff. She had a break in between, so she used to have lunch and do reminder calls to her mother-in-law for her medicines, to her father-in-law for having rest and to her dear husband Abel for having lunch. Standing and roaming in her heels for hours wasn't an easy task at all. Being a part time worker and she left, making sure to pick her mother-in-law from the club. Then they both do some shopping at vegetable market and go home. Sarah serves herself and her mother-in-law with coffee. They both talk, laugh and chill for sometime. Then Sarah cooks for dinner and her father-in-law and Abel arrives. They get freshen up. Everyone sit for having dinner and they share their all day schedule. After dinner as usual Sarah cleans all the dishes and every one walk to their respective rooms to sleep. Sarah comes in her room to see Abel awake. She while tucking the bed sheet asks him didn't you sleep ? He hugs her from back and says was waiting for you. She asks for me ? Why ? He says sometimes look at your husband too, it's only a month after marriage and you are not at all paying attention towards me, if this the condition what will happen to me in future ? She hits him on his stomach slightly with her right elbow and he overreacts on her slight hit by catching his stomach and groaning Aahhh ! And stares at Sarah who asks him not to over react and to go to sleep otherwise tomorrow morning again you will not wake up and will be late. Abel pulls her closer with a force and helds her tightly by waist so that she cannot escape. She struggles and asks him to free her. He says not so easily. She says Abel ! He says Give me my valuable thing I will leave you. She nods negatively. Arey ! You kept pending he says. She innocently asks when ? He says the morning one. You didn't give it to me. But you took it while going, near the car remember. He says yes but it was a different one, it's our daily routine remember he says immitating her. She says no, I won't. He says okay, I will take it myself and you will long for it. She says it won't happen as you say. He asks challenge ? She says yes, challenge accepted. He nods and says you kept it pending and you know I won't like to keep the things pending. She smiles hearing him.....

Flashback

Back to their love confession day :
After having the dinner Sarah clears the table. She then walks into Abel's room after searching for him in whole house. But the room was empty. She calls him out again Abellll !!! Where are you ? No answer. She turns to go but stops abruptly to see Abel locking the door. She asks Abel what are you doing ? Abel turns and walk towards Sarah's direction while she walk backwards. Then her back hits the wall. Abel comes closer to her and catches her hand in such a way that they are entwined, so that she cannot escape. He says like I said you before I don't like to keep the things incomplete and he bends down to kiss her on her pink sweet lips. Their lips meet and they kiss for a long time.

End of Flashback.

Abel snaps his fingers in front of her face and she is bought back to reality. He asks why are you smiling ? She says was remembering our moment of.... He asks her to continue of ? She says love confession night. He says Oh ! Then he holds her face and kisses her and leave it with a jerk. She gets shy and bends her face down due to his sudden action. He makes her face him by lifting her face with his finger keeping under the chin. They have an eye contact. He again kisses her and moves back. He continues this process again and is about to back out when Sarah holds his head with her hands ruffling his hair while his hands are on her waist. They get back and Sarah looks at Abel, who says to her, see didn't I tell you that you will long for my kiss. I won the challenge, my diamond. Diamond ? Me ? She asks him. Hmmm, he nods and continues, you are truly a diamond, I mean just look at you how much do you work at home and office yet you keep every small thing ready. Taking care of my parents as if they are your parents and make sure to keep me satisfied. If I call you once you come running to me at once leaving all the work. I am not a diamond. Firstly they're my parents too. And All I do is do my duties properly on time. And I should be thankful to you for giving me my wished normal family, she says truly. Say Thanks to god, not me. Because he choose me to help you, he says. Of course, I am grateful to God, she shares. You accept it or not but for me you are truly a diamond, he concludes. He stops and they both sit silently on the bed. And stare each other and laugh their hearts out. Then they walk in to the balcony and sit there for some time reminiscing their story from their first meet to all the memories till now. The scene freezes.

A voice over says,

"The Black Diamond is all about a woman or a girl or a feminine like Sarah, who is a just a normal girl who wanted to live a normal life was sent to an unknown place with a person whom she hardly knew for a better life. Unfortunately not knowing the reason, she always blamed her parents when she was tortured. After  spending some years over there she had a run away where she faced the mean world, specially men for the first time. She was rescued with a great difficulty and reached a safe place. After what all happened in her life, she decided to forget it and move on. But meeting Charles, a womaniser, was a biggest mistake of  her life because he just wanted to complete his desire, his lust. This phase of her life laid a great impact on her life and made her so weak that she decided to give up, every thing, her life too. Then suddenly there was a change in climate which made the drought go off her life and make it a spring season so that she can enjoy and relieve once again. That change was Abel and his love for her. She fell weak once but not anymore. She rose like a Phoenix from the ashes. With support. Everything was back to normal once again. A female who was and is a precious diamond for a society yet she gets stained by them. And male like that auto - driver or tea seller or be a high class business man like Charles. Where ever she goes every man waits for her like a hungry lion, who hasn't eaten anything since years sitting with open mouth and waiting for it's prey. Every one just want to use her body. They just don't deserve anyone. Why is it wrong when a girl wears a short dress and goes out at night ? Why is she discriminated on basis of gender ? On education ? Why should she suffer when she is not wrong anywhere ? Every male, from a small kid to an oldie depends on female for some or the other reason, still world uses her and throws her just like a tissue paper. Everyone know where does a diamond come from ? Black Charcoal ! The world doesn't see from where it comes, they just see it's sparkle; it's shine. So why can't they see the girl the same way ? What does a female want after all ? Be independent and free to do anything, laugh and smile, some trust, some care, some respect, some attention and some love from her loved ones especially her parents, brother, sister, husband and in - laws. Can a society change its thinking towards her ? Can every girl get in - law's as of Sarah's ? Can every girl get a husband like Abel to support her in every condition ? It's 21st century still a feminine is not free. They are brutally exploited for dowry, education, gender, poor status and religion and caste. When she is going to get her freedom totally ? Will she ever get freedom ? "