Wanting to Confess

The four boys grew closer and closer, Remus kept disappearing and his friends started to figure it out, though none of them said anything. Remus just arrived back in the common room, tired and eating excessive amounts of chocolate as usual. Sirius hugged Remus tightly and pulled him upstairs to their dormitory where James and Peter were playing Exploding Snap, drinking hot chocolate and making their way through a pile of chocolate frogs.

Remus opened his trunk and pulled out his pyjamas. He undressed and threw his robes down the laundry shoot beside the door. Sirius sat down on his bed with him and slowly massaged his back and neck. Remus was always tense and sore after his trips away. Remus smiled as Sirius' small hands loosened the tension in his neck and before long he started to drift off.

The next morning when Remus woke up he felt something tickling his face. Before long he realised it was simply Sirius' hair. They had fallen asleep while Sirius massaged him, Sirius was still in his clothes. Remus looked out of the window, it was dark outside, with a faint pink glow on the horizon. Remus separated himself from Sirius' arms without waking his friend and walked over to the window between his and Peter's beds. He poured himself a glass of water from the jug and turned his back on his view of the grounds, instead facing his three sleeping friends.

James was sprawled on his bed, shirtless, his hair even messier than usual. Peter was cuddled up in a comfortable ball, clutching his blankets close. Sirius lay in Remus' bed, his long hair all over the place, his tie loosened and his clothes rumpled up snoring in time with Peter. At least Peter accepted the fact that he snored, unlike Sirius who would shout for the whole common room to hear that he didn't snore.

Remus pondered his thoughts as he watched James turn over in his sleep. "What would his friends say if he told them?" he thought. He didn't think he would ever feel the same without the three boys, even though he'd only known them about six months. Yet that was six times he'd left them without explaining. He'd made up excuses for his scars and his absences, but he knew it couldn't go on forever.