The Department of Mysteries

Remus came home in the evening, tired and hungry. He was holding two shopping bags, he had stopped in the little Muggle shop on his way home. Remus went down to the kitchen to put away the food and found a large group of Order members at the kitchen table. "What's going on? I didn't think our meeting was until tomorrow?" Remus asked. 

Sirius jumped up from the table and hurried over to him. "Harry's gone for Voldemort in the Department of Mysteries." Sirius explained. Remus dropped his bags. "Well, let's go." he said. Mad-Eye, Tonks and Kingsley got up. Sirius pulled out his wand. "You must be mad." Mad-Eye said. Sirius grinned and then he Disapperated. "He's gone hasn't he?" Kingsley asked. "Yep." Remus replied. "Well come on then." Tonks said.

"Get away from my godson." Sirius said and he pulled his fist back before smashing it into Lucius' face. He took Harry by the shoulder and pulled him away, looking once again into James' face. The others arrived, Remus spotted Sirius and Harry talking and smiled. 

Sirius was fighting as hard as he could, having fun for the first time in a while, jumping around and laughing at Lucius. "Nice one James!" he called to Harry, grinning. With another flick of his wand Lucius fell and Sirius continued laughing, then suddenly a shout came from nowhere, followed by a flash of green light. 

Sirius watched everything slip away as if he was speeding backwards through a dark tunnel. Remus, watching from the other end of the room thought his insides had frozen. He watched Sirius, then he realised - Harry. Remus sprinted across the room as Sirius disappeared, tears were in his eyes as he threw his arms around the last person he had left. He clung on to Harry as Harry screamed in pain, Remus felt a tear fall down his face and suddenly Harry was throwing Remus' arms away. Remus knew he couldn't go after Harry and stood watching him sprint away, before falling down to the ground. He was shaking and sobbing, then he felt a comfortable, warm arm around his shoulders. He lifted his face out of his hands to see Tonks, smiling sadly at him, a tear running down her own face.