Back In Time

The next few weeks were like they were back to the summer holidays after they graduated. They had Order meetings pretty much every day, but they held hands under the table and whispered things into each other's ears. 

Remus had to go away for the full moon, underground, to catch up with the Death Eater werewolves. Sirius lay awake in the empty bed, shirtless, and watched his tattoo of the moon on his abs slowly tick away from the full moon. 

The Weasleys and Hermione arrived after a few weeks and suddenly the house was instantly busier. Sirius seemed to click with the twins and if asked whether or not he slipped them alcohol, he would point blank deny it, while George tucked the hipflask back into Sirius' pocket. 

But really, both of them were just waiting for Harry. Sirius wrote once a week at the least, and Remus wrote as well sometimes, or just added onto the bottom of Sirius' letter. 

Sirius had changed since being a teenager, maybe it was Azkaban that had done it. He used to cling to Remus in bed and savour every second longer he could spend under the sheets, until he literally got dragged out. Nowadays however, he was up first, in the kitchen with Mrs. Weasley, helping to cook. Once breakfast was ready he would go back up to his old childhood bedroom, where he and Remus slept, get back in bed, kiss Remus good morning and wait for him to dress, then they'd go down for breakfast together. 

Finally the day arrived when they were going to get Harry. Over lunch Mad-Eye discussed the plan. "So who's game to go and get Potter with me?" he asked. "I'm going." Sirius said loudly. "You must be out of your mind." Mad-Eye growled. "He's my godson." Sirius replied. Remus took Sirius' hand. "Babe, be reasonable, I know you want to get out of this godforsaken house but you can't fly across the country when you're one of the most wanted wizards in England. I'll go and get Harry." Remus muttered in his ear. Sirius let out a deep breath. "Fine." he announced to the kitchen. "Remus'll go." he added. "While you can stay here and play house." Snape said icily. Sirius slammed his hands down on the table, clenched his jaw and rose from his chair. 

"I haven't had a proper conversation with Harry since before he could talk." Sirius said. "That makes no bloody sense." Remus replied. They both started laughing, but they tried to stop because it was one in the morning. "I know what you mean though." Remus said. "It's weird, crazy, sad, terrorising and messed up all in one." Remus continued. "He shouldn't be here. None of us should. He should be at home with James and Lily and we should be there as well." Sirius replied. "Life's not fair." Remus replied. "You got that right Moony." Sirius said.