A Trip into the Muggle World

It was the Easter holidays. James and Sirius had returned to the Potters. They ventured out into the Muggle world with Remus because Peter was doing something with his family. Remus pulled some cards out of his pocket and handed them around. "What are these?" James asked. "Fake IDs. Come on." Remus replied, winking and pushing open a door into a pub. Sirius and James glanced at each other then hurried after Remus.

Remus was at the bar. "Three firewhiskeys please." James said confidently. The barman glanced from James to Remus. "Just three pints of this one please." Remus said, passing off the moment with a nervous laugh and pointing to a sign advertising a drink. The man passed them a few glasses and they found a table at the back of the room. "What the hell is this?" Sirius asked, pointing at the glass. "It's ale alright? Just fucking drink it, you can't get firewhisky in a bloody Muggle pub." Remus said.

Five hours later Sirius and James were arm in arm, singing as they walked down the road. Remus hurried after them, somehow not as stupidly drunk. He grabbed the backs of their jackets and pulled them back towards the Potter's house that they had just passed. He rolled his eyes as he slowly and quietly opened the window. He pushed Sirius through it and he landed on the carpet inside the house with a thud. Remus shoved James through the window next and crept in after them. He grabbed their wrists and led them up the stairs. Sirius laughed loudly for no apparent reason and Remus clapped a hand over his mouth, pushing them into their bedroom. James flopped onto his bed and Remus pushed Sirius down, taking off his leather jacket. He lay down beside Sirius and fell asleep almost instantly.

"I feel like shit." was the first sound of the day. Remus slowly sat up. James was sitting in bed, Sirius was still snoring loudly. "Like I really feel like shit." James added. "Yeah, me too." Remus said. "Urgh." James said and he fell back onto his pillow. Remus poked Sirius awake. "Go back asleep Moony." Sirius mumbled. Remus rolled his eyes and got out of bed. He and James got changed out of their clothes from the night before and went downstairs.

"You were home late boys. Did you have fun?" Mrs. Potter asked. "Yeah, Sirius is still asleep." Remus said. James nodded in agreement, his mouth full of cereal.

James and Remus were working on some homework an hour later when Sirius came stumbling down the stairs. "Morning lads." he said, pouring himself some coffee. He sat down opposite them and gazed at Remus. "You good?" Remus asked. Sirius nodded slowly. "Mm hmm. Got to go." he said suddenly, slamming his coffee down on the table. He kissed the top of Remus' head, stuffed his wallet into his pocket and left. Remus and James could barely exchange a confused look before Sirius re-entered the house and ran up the stairs saying "I forgot my jacket." he then arrived back downstairs, swung his leather jacket on and left again with a cherry "See you boys."

James and Remus spent the whole day mooching around the house after the Potters had gone out, Remus in his usual sweater, James in a plain black singlet, until Sirius arrived. "Where the hell were you?" James asked from the couch "Chill Prongsie, I was getting a new tattoo." Sirius said. He took off his leather jacket and pulled up his white shirt to show them. It was a moon. "A moon?" Remus asked. "It changes, it changes as the moon changes." Sirius said. Remus smiled and pulled him down to the couch beside him, planting a kiss on his lips. James grinned and went upstairs, leaving the two boys to themselves.