Third Year

It was third year, just before the Christmas holidays. James, Sirius, Peter and Remus were studying books about Animagi in the library. "What are you guys doing with all those Animagi books? We're not studying that until after Christmas." a voice said. James spun around, his hand jumping to his hair. "Just want to get ahead of the crowd, anyway Evans, will you go out with me?" James said. Lily rolled her eyes. "Oh come on Evans." Sirius said from James' shoulder. But she simply smiled and said "I'll meet you in the common room Remus and we'll do that Arithmancy homework." then walked away. "How come she's such good mates with you Remus?" James asked grumpily, turning back to his book. "Probably because he's not a showoff, asking a girl out every week when he knows she's not into him." Sirius said. "Shut the hell up Sirius, she might change her mind, but I won't know that if I stop asking her out will I?" James replied. Sirius shrugged.

"I'm going to miss you guys during the holidays. I can't imagine being here all alone." Sirius said, later that evening, staring into the fire. James looked up. "Are you not coming to my house anymore?" he asked. Sirius whipped around. "What are you on about?" he asked. "Well, you were going to come home with me for Christmas." James replied. "Really? I can spend Christmas at your house?" Sirius asked. "Yeah, I mean my parents told me you could come like a month ago." James said. "Why the hell didn't you say anything?" Sirius asked. "I don't know, I thought you knew." James replied. "I did not know, but that's wicked, I'm going to go pack." Sirius replied and off he went.

The next week the four boys travelled back on the Hogwarts Express. James and Sirius said goodbye to Remus and Peter and arrived back at the Potter's house. A bed had been set up in James' room for Sirius, along with a stocking and the house had been decorated with tinsel and floating Father Christmas' that would sing 'God Rest Ye Merry Hippogriffs'.

A few days after Christmas Sirius and James went to Remus' house with Peter for dinner. Mr. Lupin told them stories from his years at Hogwarts and Mrs. Lupin showed them photos of Remus when he was a baby, which they all laughed at.

When they arrived back at school they continued with learning about Animagi. The four boys stayed behind after one Transfiguration lesson and asked McGonagall some very complicated questions about becoming Animagi. Finally they left when McGonagall said "Get out of here before you miss your next class!" "Thanks Minnie!" Sirius called as he closed the classroom door behind him. "Minnie?" Remus asked. "Yep, that's what we're going to call her from now." Sirius replied, he tucked their notes into his pocket and led the way off to Herbology. 

A few months later while James, Sirius and Peter were off doing some sort of mischief Remus sat in the common room with Lily. They were helping each other finish their essays for Arithmancy, as all their others friends didn't take the subject. It was about a week after the full moon, Lily like James, Sirius and Peter had figured out Remus' secret. She hadn't discussed it with anyone, but she was pretty sure she was right. "Remus?" she asked. "Yeah?" Remus replied, looking up from his parchment and brushing his light brown hair out of his eyes. "Um, I'm just going to say it, I've been thinking about it for a while but um-" Lily stalled. Remus raised an eyebrow. "Just say it." he said, knowing what to expect. " Are you are werewolf?" Lily asked confidently. Remus placed his quill down upon the table and turned to face Lily more easily. He swallowed and then nodded. "Yeah, yeah I am. It happened when I was four." he said. Lily's eyes welled up with tears. "Don't worry about it Lily. Seriously, I mean I'm used to it by now." Remus said. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked quietly. "Just carry on being you. Don't change anything." he replied. Lily hugged him and he grinned as he put his long, scarred arms around her, thinking how jealous James would be if he saw this happening.